You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
seezer

[PSA] An apology for poor event presentation and a bit of spreadsheet

9 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
941 posts
14,950 battles

Hello commanders,

Following yesterday’s global release of the update, we wanted to say a few words about our New Year activities. We know that many of you are upset (to put it mildly) about the Puerto Rico event.

In hindsight, it is clear that our communication about this event was rather poor and as a result we created an expectation that the ship was going to be more accessible to the general player base – we own that. Only hardcore players with a fair number of special signals and camouflages can be reasonably expected to obtain Puerto Rico entirely for free.

Of course, this affects many of you, because most of the players do not sustain that level of activity. Please accept our sincerest apologies: we failed to communicate the degree of dedication required and as a result, for some of you, ruined the Christmas spirit of the whole update.

This is an extremely grindy event. We know this; there is no denying the fact that this part of our NY update was designed with relatively small group of players in mind. And this is the exact reason why this New Year we decided to offer not one, but two premium ships to cater to different degree of activity and dedication: Puerto Rico and Gorizia. But again, we fully admit that we failed to make it clear from the start, which raised people's expectations. Simply put, Gorizia should have been given much more attention in presentation and organization of this event.

We still believe that this event offers everyone a wide selection of different activities, bonuses and items: a tier VII premium ship, four researchable tier VI ships, Premium time, Coal, Steel and Santa's Gift containers for Snowflakes, Directives, Shipyard stages rewards and Daily Shipments as well as Clan Brawls and Ranked Sprint rewards.

We have seen that some of you made calculations for this Puerto Rico event to better understand its requirements. We really appreciate your efforts to help the community. But due to some rounded numbers in our client they are not entirely accurate, so we want to share our core calculations on how to get Puerto Rico. We absolutely understand that these will not turn the grind for PR into easy one, but still believe it's important to have precise and clear information available.

If you decide to go for it and get Puerto Rico for free, you should follow these guidelines:

• The first directive should be completed before building commences;

• Directives 2 – 5 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;

• The sixth directive should be completed within four days of the directive’s opening;

• The final directive should be completed at the latest 24 hours before the overall event ends;

• You must finish 20 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

• And spend your tokens as soon as possible.

If you are planning to buy one premium booster:

• The first directive should be complete before building commences;

• Directives 2 – 4 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;

• Directive 5 should be completed within 6 days of the directive’s opening;

• You should finish the first 15 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

If you are planning to buy two premium boosters:

• The first directive should be completed within 5 days after the directive’s start;

• Directives 2 - 3 should be completed within 6 days of finishing the previous one;

• The fourth directive should be completed within 12 days of finishing the previous one;

• You should finish the first 13 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

If you are planning to buy three premium boosters:

• The first directive should be completed within 7 days after the directive’s start;

• The second directive should be completed within 7 days of finishing the previous one;

• The third directive should be completed within 14 days of finishing the previous one;

• You should collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

• You don’t need tokens from Daily Missions at all (they will only give you an additional boost);

• And be sure to spend your tokens as soon as possible.

You can find a table with numbers on all 4 scenarios here (that's a shortened Google Drive link). Again, this information is not intended to sugar coat the PR part of the NY event, but rather to give precise information on how the progress, in fact, works.

14 posts
2,789 battles

Dear WOW,

We are playing a fictional game on a PC, made up of pixellated visual effects that are intangible and deceptively addictive, sadly the whole thing is not physically real, But what is real are the feelings and emotions of the physically real people that regularly play your game,

After reading and generally inspecting the offers of the PUERTO RICO I smell the mammoth odour of $$$$$$ !!!  The people who play your game regularly are your lifeline, You must treat them well, Treat them fairly and in a way that proves WOW cares about their desires and not the largest financial rewards WOW can achieve in the shortest possible time at the expense of their most dedicated supporters,

If I tell my partner I love them all the time and then proceed to sit on my rectum while my partner does all the work around the house while I do nothing, well we all know where that little story would end, ! Don't we ?

PS  The only thing in life that is FREE is the cheese in the mouse trap,...........For the second mouse !

Rubystar198

• Cool 1

7 posts
563 battles

Dear WOW,

I think you have an almost wonderful Christmas and New Year event. My only regret is the premium booster. I bought the 1st one. But now I just realize that I will never be able to finish the grind. I have work, full-time job. And I can only spend 1-2 hrs per day on a weekday. I just felt really shameful on this spending, all is for... nothing. Don't get me wrong. I spent around $200 on Christmas loot boxes and I like what I got. No rare ship but its contents are usable. but but... the premium booster.... for the grind that I will never be able to get done... This just ruined my Christmas.

Best Regards,

Bubaza

• Cool 3

13 posts
7,852 battles

I bought the first booster and Gorizia to my now regret (when I read the fine print/saw the build post test server that I saw on youtube with Jingles). Alas i'll be going no further time with family is more important. Its a pity a great idea was executed so poorly and allowed greed to take over. There's no way an average player can do this. 

• Cool 2

[TW-K]
79 posts
7,426 battles
On 12/14/2019 at 2:48 AM, seezer said:

The final directive should be completed at the latest 24 hours before the overall event ends;

alright, show us how to do, live stream, ty, and no sory

7 posts
563 battles
1 hour ago, Ouuke said:

alright, show us how to do, live stream, ty, and no sory

I would like to see this too. Not as proof or to make a point. But I would like to see a person from GW try to grind this with no booster and in the end - got PR or not - tell us how he/she feels.

13 posts
7,852 battles

My Puerto Rico build just disappeared and all my ship building tokens??????????? Have they listened?

• Cool 1