You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
humusz

WG : Sorry, but no Sorry

WG-pology  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Satisfaction Level ?

• Full of Xmass Spirit
    • Need more Dogeza
    • Demand Seppuku !

68 comments in this topic

[SALT]
2,044 posts
10,542 battles

[PSA] An apology for poor event presentation and a bit of spreadsheet.

renderTimingPixel.png

Hello commanders,

In addition to my personal apology and a few replies in different threads, here is our official update on Puerto Rico situation.

Following yesterday’s global release of the update, we wanted to say a few words about our New Year activities. We know that many of you are upset (to put it mildly) about the Puerto Rico event.

In hindsight, it is clear that our communication about this event was rather poor and as a result we created an expectation that the ship was going to be more accessible to the general player base – we own that. Only hardcore players with a fair number of special signals and camouflages can be reasonably expected to obtain Puerto Rico entirely for free.

Of course, this affects many of you, because most of the players do not sustain that level of activity. Please accept our sincerest apologies: we failed to communicate the degree of dedication required and as a result, for some of you, ruined the Christmas spirit of the whole update.

This is an extremely grindy event. We know this; there is no denying the fact that this part of our NY update was designed with relatively small group of players in mind. And this is the exact reason why this New Year we decided to offer not one, but two premium ships to cater to different degree of activity and dedication: Puerto Rico and Gorizia. But again, we fully admit that we failed to make it clear from the start, which raised people's expectations. Simply put, Gorizia should have been given much more attention in presentation and organization of this event.

We still believe that this event offers everyone a wide selection of different activities, bonuses and items: a tier VII premium ship, four researchable tier VI ships, Premium time, Coal, Steel and Santa's Gift containers for Snowflakes, Directives, Shipyard stages rewards and Daily Shipments as well as Clan Brawls and Ranked Sprint rewards.

We have seen that some of you made calculations for this Puerto Rico event to better understand its requirements. We really appreciate your efforts to help the community. But due to some rounded numbers in our client they are not entirely accurate, so we want to share our core calculations on how to get Puerto Rico. We absolutely understand that these will not turn the grind for PR into easy one, but still believe it's important to have precise and clear information available.

If you decide to go for it and get Puerto Rico for free, you should follow these guidelines:

• The first directive should be completed before building commences;

• Directives 2 – 5 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;

• The sixth directive should be completed within four days of the directive’s opening;

• The final directive should be completed at the latest 24 hours before the overall event ends;

• You must finish 20 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

• And spend your tokens as soon as possible.

If you are planning to buy one premium booster:

• The first directive should be complete before building commences;

• Directives 2 – 4 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;

• Directive 6 should be completed within 6 days of the directive’s opening;

• You should finish the first 15 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

If you are planning to buy two premium boosters:

• The first directive should be completed within 5 days after the directive’s start;

• Directives 2 - 3 should be completed within 6 days of finishing the previous one;

• The fourth directive should be completed within 12 days of finishing the previous one;

• You should finish the first 13 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

If you are planning to buy three premium boosters:

• The first directive should be completed within 7 days after the directive’s start;

• The second directive should be completed within 7 days of finishing the previous one;

• The third directive should be completed within 14 days of finishing the previous one;

• You should collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

• You don’t need tokens from Daily Missions at all (they will only give you an additional boost);

• And be sure to spend your tokens as soon as possible.

You can find a table with numbers on all 4 scenarios here (that's a shortened Google Drive link). Again, this information is not intended to sugar coat the PR part of the NY event, but rather to give precise information on how the progress, in fact, works.

Thanks for your attention and being with us.

----------------------------------------------------------

tldr Sorry but no Sorry 

HOHOHO, its all according to our Whalling plan :fish_haloween:

Wg : ok, We say we sorry. can you all now give us money ? (their apology basicly advertisment to sell you booster - well played, well played)

Edited by humusz
  • Funny 7

[LBAS]
3,089 posts
14,550 battles

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You suck Sub_Octavian. the Damage has been DONE and cannot be fixed.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,490 posts
11,585 battles

WG must have used farmer bots to collect these grind data? :Smile_unsure:

Anyhow, what's done is done. Looking forward to the holidays. :Smile_Default:

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[HKN]
53 posts
5,744 battles

Oh , now they realize that after releasing it, it's going to be ONE HELL OF A GRIND. I'm not going to accept an apology , what is done is done, it was done with CV Rework, it was done with NTR , it is now done with Puerto Rico. I have given up on Wargaming, not spending a dime on it from now, dislike all their false advertising, will not believe in them ever again! Peace out!

• Cool 2

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,502 battles
11 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

WG must have used farmer bots to collect these grind data? :Smile_unsure:

Lol that's what I was suspecting. :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[SALT]
2,044 posts
10,542 battles

Yeah, remember couple event when the Asia Hall of Fame is basicly filled with Bots

Thats WG "1% playerbase" spreadsheet for you lol

Edited by humusz
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
4,211 posts
20,361 battles

Turn this into a poll @humusz to see if people accept this "apology".

I for one think it is more worthless than toilet paper and am not afraid to tell people that.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,642 battles

Well, its an apology, too little too late.

1. They SHOULD have been clearer about expectations. This is a T10 ship, of course it was going to be hard to get.

2. Gorizia... probably not the ship people wanted, but they should have highlighted her more, directives to get her could be a bit easier, but its made up a bit by having 3 weeks to do the third directive.

3. "a Small group of players", namely, super grinders and whales. It annoys me and many others that they are handing a T10 to new players with a large bank account. That there is the breaking point.

4. I hope they have lots of ideas to build back up that good will in the next year, cause they just lost it through bad communication.

• Cool 4

[SALT]
2,044 posts
10,542 battles
6 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Turn this into a poll @humusz to see if people accept this "apology".

I for one think it is more worthless than toilet paper and am not afraid to tell people that.

Fun poll added haha

its usual bullshit corporate apology from my PoV 🤣

• Cool 3

[TLS]
4,211 posts
20,361 battles
Just now, humusz said:

Fun poll added haha

its usual bullshit corporate apology from my PoV 🤣

Definately. In my line of work, I already can see this is an insincere apology.

PS: As the 3rd voter, I am amused demand seppuku already takes 100%

4,886 posts
8,860 battles
7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

2. Gorizia... probably not the ship people wanted, but they should have highlighted her more, directives to get her could be a bit easier, but its made up a bit by having 3 weeks to do the third directive.

People who aim only for the Gorilla will easily get her. 

I expected the grind for a T10 ship will be difficult, but not this. Benham grind was trashy, but it was at least 50% more doable than this.

7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

4. I hope they have lots of ideas to build back up that good will in the next year, cause they just lost it through bad communication.

WG: "Well yes, but actually no" :Smile_trollface:

If they do want to gain good will, I suggest making a British ship line (not a CV line of course) with no short-fused AP, no SAP, no 1/4 pen HE, no HE with BS fire chance and/or alpha damage. And implement proper buffs to German ships.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
4,211 posts
20,361 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

I expected the grind for a T10 ship will be difficult, but not this. Benham grind was trashy, but it was at least 50% more doable than this.

HONESTLY, I did not see the issue with the grindy benham. I ground it out. Somehow. Ignoring a lot of halloween filth garbage. Grind in coop/ops and yet I managed to end up with her. 

Thanks to whoever did the math for this ridiculous grind. I was initially going to put some effort and boosters into it but after reading the grindsheets, and that even putting in some boosters will not even guarantee a ship unless it was a stupid DoY level grind. No. Nein. Nyet.

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles

they really should stop "One month one patch" habits. This way, their dev teams will have a plenty of times to think twice before they release a new patch

• Cool 2

[SALT]
2,044 posts
10,542 battles

64d53cb8ff.png

Reddit added Drama basicly

someone screenshoot Sub_o comment from CC closed discord channel that this was Intended Whalling practice :fish_haloween:

apparently almost every CC dont like it, but since when WG care about YOU - non spreadsheet guy!

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 1

4,886 posts
8,860 battles
Just now, mr_glitchy_R said:

they really should stop "One month one patch" habits. This way, their dev teams will have a plenty of times to think twice before they release a new patch

WG are obsess with their schedule and the pseudo-road map. 

Just now, humusz said:

someone screenshoot Sub_o comment from CC closed discord channel that this was Intended Whalling practice :fish_haloween:

Rest in pieces :Smile_trollface:

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,666 posts
41,523 battles

Deleted.
Inappropriate languages are not permitted within our forums in any form.
The Asia Moderation Team

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,642 battles
4 minutes ago, humusz said:

64d53cb8ff.png

Which is why I'm more annoyed that they didn't market the event well enough. If they stated this outright, like, a few weeks ago, people wouldn't be as mad.

• Cool 1

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,321 battles

Darn just fix the Matchmaking........ zzzhh, im getting one sided games and all the Clan players on one team vs non clan in random, hows this happening game after game. Forget about the ships you cant get lol. Opened 15 santa crates and got 10x 10k free exp no joke...........

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,582 posts
26,566 battles

FYI, that post has an upvote ratio of 23%, so for every upvote there has been 4 downvotes.

on top of that, it's been downvoted so hard someone had to actually give it reddit silver to keep it on the front page

Edited by drakon233

[-CAT-]
2,490 posts
11,585 battles

2019 is not WG's year. Both WoWs and WoT.

A lot of things did not go well and a lot of customer / client / player / CC input was ignored by WG top brass. It feels like one bungle decision after another. -_-

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,502 battles
11 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Which is why I'm more annoyed that they didn't market the event well enough. If they stated this outright, like, a few weeks ago, people wouldn't be as mad.

Agreed, though on the contrary I think they marketed the event too well lol.

I don't think anybody is surprised that the event was set up to squeeze as much money out of the whales as possible.

The problem is WG hyped up the event so much and made it sound that Puerto Rico could be gotten for free with some honest hard grinding like the Benham. Being hard to obtain for free is one thing, being practically impossible to obtain is another.

WG made it sound like the Puerto Rico was the grand prize of the Xmas event. If they long ago blatantly stated that it could not be obtained without spending money there would be nowhere as much outrage.

Imho the Gorizia should have been the main star of the event. Then the Puerto Rico would have been the little extra reward for paying customers.

Too bad that WG realised this too little too late. They didn't realise they had left the barn door open, and now all the horses are gone. Oh and the barn is on fire too.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

A lot of things did not go well and a lot of customer / client / player / CC input was ignored by WG top brass. It feels like one bungle decision after another.

Except for the WoWS anniversary. It was quite good tho.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,490 posts
11,585 battles
Just now, mr_glitchy_R said:

Except for the WoWS anniversary. It was quite good tho.

I agree. That and Space Battle are the only 2 events I enjoyed this year.

• Cool 1

338 posts
6,754 battles

You call that an "apology"? Looks more like an excuse to me.

And Sub had the audacity to basically say "We screwed up,but hey,BUY THE BOOSTERS BECAUSE SPREADSHEET SAYS IT'S GREAT!!" 

I don't even think I can trust anything he or the devs say anymore at this point.

"Subs will have a longer testing run"?  Expect subs to be released next January, and not confined in their own game mode like they "promised".