Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

questions regarding Nomogram aiming mod

17 comments in this topic

[-ISO-]
1,094 posts
7,059 battles
  1. Do you guys use it? How does it feels?
  2. Is this mod recommended for a sniping meta?
  3. How likely for you guys to recommend WG to add this mod to the game?

5,903 posts
9,742 battles

It should replace the current dynamic crosshair because... how do you even use that thing?

• Funny 1

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles
20 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

It should replace the current dynamic crosshair because... how do you even use that thing?

Dynamic cross-hair is only reliable at 16km.

[-ISO-]
1,094 posts
7,059 battles

looks like there's no doubt to suggest WG about the importance of implementing this mod. Especially in Asia server.

[-CAT-]
3,573 posts
14,040 battles

Is that the same crosshair mod used by Notser recently (somewhat moving crosshair numbers)?

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles

Yes. Perhaps. Someone was doing the testing why the wg dynamic crosshair was stupidly inaccurate at everything except 16km. Everything else you need to compensate.

[-CAT-]
3,573 posts
14,040 battles

On one hand it helps player judge the distance and speed of the enemy a bit better. At least 80% increase in hitting your target vs the usual dynamic crosshair. (Not perfect. Especially if the ship suddenly changes direction)

On the other hand, if this crosshairs is implemented, the rest of the crosshairs will be meaningless. As well as rely heavily on the automated calculation rather than your own judgement.

I'm not sure. The end result is somewhat unbalanced from what I can think or see. :Smile_unsure:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,126 battles

Been using static 3 for the whole time 

idk if i ever going to use this nomogram altho i see it being quite good

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

On one hand it helps player judge the distance and speed of the enemy a bit better. At least 80% increase in hitting your target vs the usual dynamic crosshair. (Not perfect. Especially if the ship suddenly changes direction)

On the other hand, if this crosshairs is implemented, the rest of the crosshairs will be meaningless. As well as rely heavily on the automated calculation rather than your own judgement.

I'm not sure. The end result is somewhat unbalanced from what I can think or see. :Smile_unsure:

to quote some gaming company: "It will balance out the skill difference".

I thought this was supposed to be an arcade game of hit and miss? My thoughts right now is that the game is becoming more and more tedious. You literally have to memorize the armour schemes, select appropriate ammo, blahblah, etc2. On top of RNG cursing your strikes. Besides, it doesn't compensate for WASD hax. It is perfectly fine if your target is travelling in a straight line. 

Static is perfectly fine if you have a wide screen or are stuck to max zoom. I am one of those that like to mousescroll my zoom a little here back at times and dynamic compensates for the change in scale. 

[-CAT-]
3,573 posts
14,040 battles
14 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I am one of those that like to mousescroll my zoom a little here back at times and dynamic compensates for the change in scale. 

I don't have the mod. I use the same way you use dynamic crosshair. Mouse scroll.

I see a lot of CC in youtube use this mod. I am tempted a lot of times, so far I am still using vanilla crosshair.

If I start using the mod, and get used to it, then suddenly, WG bans this crosshair mod for some reason, I will still need to learn compensation skills to aim.

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles
4 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

If I start using the mod, and get used to it, then suddenly, WG bans this crosshair mod for some reason, I will still need to learn compensation skills to aim.

Ban ban so ban be it if they ban it. All it does is make things a little more difficult for me and less incentive for me to stick around given the skill ceiling is ever so worsening. 

Now if you excuse me, I have exterminatus(es) to perform.

[-CAT-]
3,573 posts
14,040 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Ban ban so ban be it if they ban it. All it does is make things a little more difficult for me and less incentive for me to stick around given the skill ceiling is ever so worsening. 

Now if you excuse me, I have exterminatus(es) to perform.

I hope you don't take my reply as a negative one.

I am just unsure at the moment. You do have good pointers mentioned.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[-ISO-]
1,094 posts
7,059 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

No they won't if we have a good reason for it. 

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles

@S0und_TheifNot at you. Just at wg's stupidity over the last 12 months plus. Frankly I don't care about what decisions they make anymore because they are screwing up the bigger decisions and make "small palatable decisions" in an attempt to cover up their big fiascos. They cannot fix core issue problems and keep on creating more problems for themselves. Right now, there is an amazing excavation project on reddit that will rival the Kola SuperDeep borehole. 

[-CAT-]
3,573 posts
14,040 battles

@dejiko_nyo Thanks :Smile_Default:

Yeah, WG creates better PR drama vs their games in 2019. 😛

I only enjoyed 2 events n 2019. The rest of the events are just :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by S0und_Theif

Sign in to follow this