Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AxelFPanda

first in and last out--the way WG transferring players

8 comments in this topic

1 post

Usually, first in first out (FIFO) is used as a queue strategy, applications submitted earlier should be processed earlier as well.

However, the server transfer is executed WG, WG obviously has different idea. There is another strategy called first in last out (FILO), with which applications submitted later will be processed earlier.

In my clan, we have about 15 players submitted server transfer application in total, and these 15 players can be roughly divided into 2 groups: 7 players applied before Nov 30, and 8 after Dec 5.

It's very interesting that all those 8 players who applied for server transfer on/after Dec 5 have their server transfer completed yesterday, while those 7 players who applied during Nov 25 and Nov 29 just received nothing, even their Asia account is still alive, not banned.

This server transfer operation fully shows that first in last out (FILO) is adopted by WG as the queue strategy (in fact, this should be called as a 'stack'). If WG provides any offers like this time in the future, players should apply just before the dead line so that they can be processed in the very first time.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,971 posts
9,225 battles

ok.....………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1

25 posts

Hi, I just come from NA, was only about 12 hours of downtime. My son and I applied the first day we could. We both had to send tickets to get the email to switch that we was ment to get...

What server are you guys transferring to and why ? if you don't mind me asking.

293 posts
6,824 battles

I get the idea that people are happy they're leaving, that's great. But for the love of sanity just go already. We don't need a running commentary of the whole procedure. Some of us that are staying don't care how the systems works so long as it does and people stop going on and on about it.

Just please

giphy.gif.65b92b51c34a3115f87ae3a1e11cef91.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[POI]
971 posts
11,098 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Idi_Kraken said:

Hi, I just come from NA, was only about 12 hours of downtime. My son and I applied the first day we could. We both had to send tickets to get the email to switch that we was ment to get...

What server are you guys transferring to and why ? if you don't mind me asking.

Some have gone to NA while some EU, I guessed. 

Some hope to get a more stable/faster connection (in cases of Aus/NZ), to avoid "boxes" conversations in chat, and hope for a better communication environment in battle/game. 

Just take my words with a pinch of salt as I'm kinda a lone wolf most of the time, and are not bothered regarding the server transfer in the first place. 

Sign in to follow this