Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

[WoWS new news] No. 24 - Changes to RN CAs and Indomitable (still a WiP)

14 comments in this topic

6,264 posts
10,860 battles

British aircraft carrier Indomitable, tier VIII:

• The speed of bombers will return to cruising speed slower after using engine boost. 
  • The aiming reticle of Indomitable's bombers shifted too much during tests. New settings will make the speed change longer and attacking with the engine boost will become easier.

British heavy cruisers:

We continue to adjust the parameters of British heavy cruisers according to the results of the latest test iteration. The changes will highlight the strength of these ships in fighting at medium and close range: it will take shells of 234 mm caliber a little bit longer to hit their target with the new ballistics, though it will be most noticeable at long range.

Shell parameters are updated:

• Shells of 190 mm caliber (Tier V Cruiser Hawkins):
    • Ballistics were changed. Now the shell will need less time to travel the same distance. For example, instead of 4.17 seconds at 7 km range it will take 3.94 seconds. At a range of 13.86 km instead of 11.26 seconds it will take 10.08 seconds.
    • Armor penetration of AP shells was improved. It increased by 23% at 7 km and by 40% at 13.86 km.

These changes will make it easier to shoot at targets at long range.

• AP shells of the 203 mm caliber (tiers VI - VIII cruisers Devonshire, Surrey, Albemarle):
    • Armor penetration was improved. For example, at ranges of 7 km and 14 km it increased by 10%.
  • Shells of 234 mm caliber (tiers IX - X cruisers Drake, Goliath):
    • Ballistics were changed. It will take a bit more time for the shell to pass the same distance: at a range of 10 km instead of 5.39 seconds it will take 5.69 seconds. At a range of 15 km instead of 9.2 seconds it will take 9.71 seconds. Armor penetration will remain almost the same as before these changes.
    • Maximum damage of AP shells was increased from 5550 to 5750

Parameters of the Hydroacoustic search consumable were changed for all researchable British heavy cruisers and for tier VIII cruiser Cheshire:

• Action time was lowered from 180 to 100 s;

For Hawkins, Devonshire, Surrey:

• Ship detection range was increased from 3 to 4 km;

For Albemarle, Drake, Goliath:

• Ship detection range was increased from 3 to 5 km;
  • Torpedo detection range was increased from 3 to 3.5 km.

Updated parameters of the Hydroacoustic search won't only protect against torpedoes but also will help in countering destroyers.

All researchable British heavy cruisers and tier VIII cruiser Cheshire will be able to choose between Hydroacoustic Search and Defensive AA Fire consumables, these will be assigned to the same slot.

British cruiser Cheshire, tier VIII:

• Shell parameters brought in line with those of Drake and Goliath;
  • Torpedoes parameters changed:
  • Maximum range was lowered from 10 to 8 km;
  • Speed was lowered from 62 to 61 kn;
  • Maximum damage was lowered from 16767 to 15687;
  • Probability of causing flooding was lowered from 282% to 265%.
  • The restoration of citadel damage by "Repair party" consumable was increased from 10% to 50%;

The changes to Cheshire will make her more like other British heavy cruisers armed with 234 mm guns. 

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

Edited by Paladinum

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,598 posts
13,147 battles

I was very excited to see Indomitable is back in testing.  Apparently it was in the last round, and this is the resulting balance change.  It's a bit confusing, but apparently the engine boost was accelerating and decelerating too much, and they've slowed down the rate of change of the boost deceleration, so it should be a pretty decent buff to travel times (which is the whole point of this ship), despite the buff actually being aimed at the attack phase.

Indomitable is the only premium I really wanted to get this year, so I was quite disappointed when it went into unreleased premium purgatory with the great 0.8.4 engine boost nerf.  Clearly WG are happy that the CV rework is complete and settled now, and this may be an indication they are looking to release more premium CV's.

I would love a T10 premium CV!  Hopefully we get one next year.

[LBAS]
2,520 posts
4,465 battles
8 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

:Smile_hiding:

List of resource ship stronger than tech tree ship

1. He smoker Cruiser 

2. Battleship registered as cruiser

3. DD with Radar

4. Battleship with Cruiser reload consummable or few gun yet accurate

5. Other unique ship like DD without Torpedo or 45k T10 servicing cost

Future :

1. T10 BBCV REPUBLIQUE with only single quadruple gun..... The stern turn into attack Helicopters launcher with anti sub and Rocket/Torpedo capabilities. Have reload booster consummable..... Also equipped with 13 KM radar that last long as Des meme. And the best feature is 10km base secondary range...... Because removed stern secondaries!

2. T6 BBCV Yamashiro that basically Fuso with catapult plane launcher.

3. T8 Cruiser i forget the name but its Mogami with catapult plane launcher......

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[LGND]
612 posts
14,134 battles
3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

and im waiting the Drama if they release T10 Premium CV....
especially in NA forum..... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,622 posts
15,799 battles
1 hour ago, Gesterbein said:

WG could make Shinano as a start. That ship has been stuck in the development hell for ages. Imagine the flying Shimakaze coming from a carrier with a ton of hp pool:Smile_trollface: 

HMS Malta for the Brits, and Essex or one of her sisters for the Muricans.

[TLS]
5,593 posts
22,700 battles
2 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Indomie, that delicious Indonesian instant noodles

Looks at the 6 packets in store in the kitchen.

[TLS]
5,593 posts
22,700 battles
6 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

WG could make Shinano as a start. That ship has been stuck in the development hell for ages. Imagine the flying Shimakaze coming from a carrier with a ton of hp pool:Smile_trollface: 

1 hour ago, Gesterbein said:

Who cares about a bunch of wusses that cannot play against CV? I say: more fodder for our popcorn bombers.

[MRI]
4,192 posts
19,197 battles

I am surprised to see Indomitable is being tested. I thought it was stuck in development hell. I mean it has been almost a year already since Indomee was announced? Even Ark Royal came out sooner.

2,045 posts
10,327 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

At least Shinano would be easier to implement than Tone. With the current CV system the problem of hangar capacity, a serious problem resulted from rushed CV conversion hamstringing the IRL Shinano, is largely gone, and they only need to find some distinguishing features for her aviation component.

Also I recall a number of players are still dissatisfied about WG did not choose Malta as the T10 British CV. Before the CV rework, I have seen British CV proposals like this one from NA Forum:

Argus-Heremes-Furious-Ark Royal-Illustrious-Implacable-Malta.

About the British CAs, I have just came across some rather harsh critics.ballistics.jpg

Ballistic performance of several T10 rifles, from LWM's review of Smolensk.

Now the British 234-mm rifles would take 5.69s to reach 10km and 9.71s to cover 15km (the first version was 5.2s and 8.63s respectively). The shells would become rather floaty (roughly resembles Herni's 240-mm rifles), though still better than the American SHS.

More comments... https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/206438-st-changes-to-indomitable-and-heavy-british-cruisers/

[TLS]
5,593 posts
22,700 battles

Oh yes, forgot to add my snarky reply:

Now they have German level hydro albeit shorter duration. Which isn't surprising as ze engleesh are actually germans in disguise but with crappier engineering.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,622 posts
15,799 battles
3 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Also I recall a number of players are still dissatisfied about WG did not choose Malta as the T10 British CV.

I am one of the dissatisfied players about that WG's decision. Although Audacious turns out to be decent, she looks dwarfed compared to Midway & Hakuryu.

2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Now they have German level hydro albeit shorter duration. Which isn't surprising as ze engleesh are actually germans in disguise but with crappier engineering.

It all started when King George V (the king, not the ship) had seen enough bickering between his cousins that he just did Wololo on his entire country and citizens.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this