Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

When the force is with me...

8 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles

Yes it's about CV vs DD but flexing a bit won't hurt.

Mute it if you don't like the weeb music. Or just embrace it because this is a weeb server anyways.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles
56 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Yes it's about CV vs DD but flexing a bit won't hurt.

Mute it if you don't like the weeb music. Or just embrace it because this is a weeb server anyways.

DD OP. Nerf Plz. >_> AA also OP. Nerf Plz. <_< 

But seriously, that is how DD can be played properly. CV knows what he was doing with those drops. I would say wrong choice of planes but with that little time remaining, Shokaku lucky torps would have ended you.

But do you know what I find most amusing? The red CV player. Something about his clan reminds me of something...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

But seriously, that is how DD can be played properly. CV knows what he was doing with those drops. I would say wrong choice of planes but with that little time remaining, Shokaku lucky torps would have ended you.

But do you know what I find most amusing? The red CV player. Something about his clan reminds me of something...

I do believe the CV player did inaccurate drops intentionally to catch me off guard because 2 out of 3 drops were near miss. He also learned my moves in the earlier part of the battle which had costed him 24 planes. Still it was a lucky win. Had things gone differently, I would have died rather than survived it.

Well, his clan tag is literally what guns for, right?

[CLAY]
3,311 posts
14,398 battles

Hmmm. The CV players clan looks familiar...

Where have I seen that clan before.... Something about CVs...

@ OP, well done.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles
Just now, Grygus_Triss said:

Hmmm. The CV players clan looks familiar...

Where have I seen that clan before.... Something about CVs...

@ OP, well done.

Yeah something that smells like petrol....

Thanks!

[CLAY]
3,311 posts
14,398 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Feather said:

Yeah something that smells like petrol....

Thanks!

Well its some sort of flammable substance.

[MRI]
3,878 posts
17,123 battles
10 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

I do believe the CV player did inaccurate drops intentionally to catch me off guard because 2 out of 3 drops were near miss. He also learned my moves in the earlier part of the battle which had costed him 24 planes. Still it was a lucky win. Had things gone differently, I would have died rather than survived it. 

Yeah the enemy CV was trying to make the best of a bad situation. With torp bombers he was never going to hit a DD that is actively dodging, so the best he could do was intentionally drop inaccurately in the hopes that he would get lucky and catch you off guard with torp RNG.

But tbh I don't think you were in any danger of dying. You had quite a bit of health left and would have survived one torp with a fair amount of hp left. There was that cruiser taking pot shots at you that was a threat, but you still had a smoke handy to break LoS if necessary. Imo the enemy was never going to kill you in time unless they got lucky with a detonation.

Interesting to note that the CV's rocket planes got absolutely plastered by the Bismarck flak. A lot of people don't realise this, but flak is actually quite good against rocket planes, since they need to fly in more or less a straight line to get an accurate shot off. Ships with only few flak puffs are not much use, but if your ship gets around  6 or more flak puffs you can start putting up that dreaded wall of flak. Dive bombers are also pretty weak to flak, provided they don't slingshot. Only torp bombers are not really threatened by flak, since they can dodge a wall of flak by starting an attack run and diving below the puffs.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles
4 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

But tbh I don't think you were in any danger of dying. You had quite a bit of health left and would have survived one torp with a fair amount of hp left. There was that cruiser taking pot shots at you that was a threat, but you still had a smoke handy to break LoS if necessary. Imo the enemy was never going to kill you in time unless they got lucky with a detonation.

That's the point. Some of my last stand usually ended up with a detonation although it also has something to do with my habit to save the important signals for Ranked.

4 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Interesting to note that the CV's rocket planes got absolutely plastered by the Bismarck flak. A lot of people don't realise this, but flak is actually quite good against rocket planes, since they need to fly in more or less a straight line to get an accurate shot off. Ships with only few flak puffs are not much use, but if your ship gets around  6 or more flak puffs you can start putting up that dreaded wall of flak. Dive bombers are also pretty weak to flak, provided they don't slingshot. Only torp bombers are not really threatened by flak, since they can dodge a wall of flak by starting an attack run and diving below the puffs.

.I can agree with that. Flak is powerful no matter what the ship is. The only differences among them are the amount of flak they can spit out, and Kitakaze actually benefits a lot from it. But the careful usages of the AA guns are still a must for a DD in order to throw off the enemy CV's aiming.

Edited by Sir_Feather

Sign in to follow this