Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dendi_Superman

About something other than transferring servers

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,565
[TLS]
Member
5,195 posts
21,710 battles

From the person who played old Izumo in the first line to reach T10 ages ago: I couldn't take it after making it 1/3rd of the way there. Skip to Yamato.

That was old Izumo. Which had no redeeming features. 

New Izumo people will say is much better but I cannot tell because I sold my izumo ages ago and swore never to rebuy her again. Actually, I never swore not to rebuy her again, just that it was pointless me to rebuy a ship I would take musashi over her.

4 minutes ago, Dendi_Superman said:

I am getting very inconsistent hits, overpens, and bounces more

Be prepared for yamato's equivalent 4884 damage. IJN shells are not what they are advertised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,230
[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,971 posts
9,225 battles

It seems typical of nearly every T9 ship in the game.    Designed to suck so hard you FXP past it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,190 posts
14,385 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Be prepared for yamato's equivalent 4884 damage. IJN shells are not what they are advertised.

As a dedicated Musashi player, I can confirm the 4884 thing. Heck even Kremlin's 457mm are more consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,565
[TLS]
Member
5,195 posts
21,710 battles
5 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

As a dedicated Musashi player, I can confirm the 4884 thing. Heck even Kremlin's 457mm are more consistent.

And >I< thought I was the only one experiencing this ridiculousness for a "460mm" shell. I noted there is no "460mm" in UA:dreadnoughts. 18" = 457mm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[VENOM]
Member
117 posts
3,673 battles

Basically the only thing I feel like this ship is good at is drawing fire away from teammates, it shatters quite alot of HE shells. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,190 posts
14,385 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

And >I< thought I was the only one experiencing this ridiculousness for a "460mm" shell. I noted there is no "460mm" in UA:dreadnoughts. 18" = 457mm. 

The only thing the 460mm has been advertising is the ability to punch the other BBs in the nose (except GK). Other than that, all other BBs seem to be more promising. The Americans have AA that screams "F*** CVs, the British have dragons installed in their guns, the French have the Bugatti engine, and the Russians are powered by the Marxist propaganda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,565
[TLS]
Member
5,195 posts
21,710 battles

Someone advised playing long ranged bowtanking sniper spamming HE as a tactic. Apparently it works but, why would you want to be a static longdistance gun battery is what I ask...

14 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

It seems typical of nearly every T9 ship in the game.    Designed to suck so hard you FXP past it.

The named Exceptions: Old Alsace, the premium ships (because you don't need to get past them), maybe Lion (played but the HE guns were NOT AS ADVERTISED so FXP),  Ibuki (actually made it to Zao without FXP), Fletcher, old Chung Mu, some say Kitakaze and yugumo.

Feel free to add. I cannot think further.

The issue is that T9 is next to T10 and would you rather be playing Top Dog or Second Fiddle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,565
[TLS]
Member
5,195 posts
21,710 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Feather said:

The only thing the 460mm has been advertising is the ability to punch the other BBs in the nose (except GK). 

Even that some other ships can do that I believe. Also, the way noses are constructed these days renders 460mm bouncy. The only time I can get my Yamato to consistently pen/cit another BB is when the said BB IS ANOTHER YAMATO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,190 posts
14,385 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Even that some other ships can do that I believe. Also, the way noses are constructed these days renders 460mm bouncy. The only time I can get my Yamato to consistently pen/cit another BB is when the said BB IS ANOTHER YAMATO.

Well yeah actually both Soyuz & Kremlin have certain immunity against the overmatch gimmick. Which renders the gimmick to be useless in the current meta. Montana, Conqueror, and Republique play at safe range while GK, and Kremlin can just flex their big noses on this hotel wannabe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,565
[TLS]
Member
5,195 posts
21,710 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Feather said:

Well yeah actually both Soyuz & Kremlin have certain immunity against the overmatch gimmick. Which renders the gimmick to be useless in the current meta. Montana, Conqueror, and Republique play at safe range while GK, and Kremlin can just flex their big noses on this hotel wannabe.

She needs a new gimmick to update herself with the times. I propose the Mirror Ring system. What ever damage hits her gets flung back to the shooter when activated. :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,190 posts
14,385 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

She needs a new gimmick to update herself with the times. I propose the Mirror Ring system. What ever damage hits her gets flung back to the shooter when activated. :3

If it were not because the "historical accuracy", buffing the citadel protection might be a better buff. I mean most ships in the game actually never worked like them irl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,564
[MRI]
Member
3,959 posts
17,490 battles

I dunno, I didn't really mind my Izumo grind. I grinded it before WG buffed its armour, and back then I thought there were even worse T9 grinds like Ibuki and FDG.

As you already found out, the Izumo is actually pretty tanky provided you can keep its sides protected.

The overpens are because the Izumo has one of the fatest BB shell velocities in the game. So if you are too close to your target your shells may have too flat a trajectory and fail to citadel ships with an underwater citadel. Also it overpens because the shell is so fast it explodes outside the enemy ship despite properly fusing.

Anyway, I wouldn't suggest you skip it unless you really hate it, because it does teach you how to Yamato better imo. They have both similar styles I feel.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×