Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
detonate_me_daddy

Why are people defending WG asia when clearly the NA , CIS and EU teams does a better job?

55 comments in this topic

656 posts
7,432 battles

So, Asia server loyalists, mind explaining why you are risking your sanity and enjoyment playing on a server that doesn't care about it's players? That in order to get stuff done/fixed, you literally need to get in contact with WG EU/CIS employees on Reddit to get message across to WG asia? I transferred to NA,  got CS tickets resolved in hours, got better ping than Asia, got an actually good coupon, and got hardly any CV games. What's there not to like?

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/e86915/massive_asia_server_transfer_delayno_updates_from/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/d30g9u/the_top_3_players_in_the_hall_of_frame_on_asia/

In just the last two months, with two incidents, both times WG asia did nothing until I raised the issue with WG staff on reddit. This isn't normal. Both EU and NA have good communication with its players with staff actively participating in the forums, why not us? in our forum?

They don't clearly care about us, and somehow some of you lot are still defending them. Nuts.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[LBAS]
2,130 posts
3,796 battles

Are you sure you get better ping than Asia? Where did you live?

Also, we don't defend anyone. Just staying here. If everyone move to NA, CV will become in there too....

Also the only reason people hate Asia server is because its too competitive... From unicum player, Botter, and cheat....

Every factor that made the game more harder.

More harder mean more challenge, more fun when winning the game.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

5,903 posts
9,742 battles

No one's saying that WG service here is better. Everyone agrees that WG's treatment for Asia server is the worst and everyone here wants equal treatment and attention. Improved over time, still the worst.

Who's defending WoWS Asia service anyway? The most I've seen is Gombee and he was only active for 2-3 months and then he vanished, other than that, literally nothing.

Some people have already stated that they don't want to move to another server (especially NA) because of the player base, not because Asia has better service.
EDIT. Also the timezone. Forgot that.
EDIT 2. Playerbase here: less salty, less self-entitled, less finger-pointing, less "remove this and that", less whiny, etc.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 8

[CLAY]
3,311 posts
14,398 battles

Oh for the love of....

I accept that you guys want to leave, that is your choice, and I wish you luck.

I choose to stay, my reasons are my own, and I ask you to respect that, as I respect yours.

But so many people cannot let it go, they cannot just leave other shores, they have to vent all their frustrations. By complaining about the server, they are by proxy, insulting us, bringing us down, treating us like fools for staying (which can be for various reasons, we don't have to justify, it is still our choice).

So Yeah, we get a little defensive. Because we choose to STAY, and you are insulting us for it. We may defend our choice by trying to convince ourselves of various things, they may be true, they may not, we may be delusional, may be sour grapes, but it all boils down to one thing;

WE CHOOSE TO STAY.

If you can't respect that, then just leave, go enjoy your different meta, your English speaking sever, your mods who listen.

We'll be here, with the choice we made. Time will tell if it was the right one or not, we don't need you telling us otherwise.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 12

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,992 posts
6,622 battles

I cannot go to NA you know.. I chose to stay here better than going to NA to hear all those losers complaining.

I want to stay here because its the only stable internet ping i can upheld of . Who are YOU to judge that complaining to about how bad Asia is. Its my choice, I can do whatever i want and what us want to be.

Just Freaking go already you Donut. Who cares about your opinion about Asia treated us badly. This is the only place i liked to stay because i have some good friends here.

I dont want to go anywhere to start all over to meet new friends. And i dont want to play CB in their timezone cuz i am still sleeping.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Cool 7

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
243 posts
10,502 battles

I agree with how WG treats its player base with attention. Servers bad the past months, with frequent disconnection and poor compensation ( 1 day compensation to 3-4 days lost). Many toxic players, with a few bordering on racist rant...with no punishment from WG even if you report them with picture evidences. Chat languages that you can't understand. 

However,

I got no choice since Clan Battles and other events in NA is late nites to dawn here in SEA. And I have to report to work at 8a.m. Also, my ping is good here in the SEA Server at 35ms on a 20-50 Mbps connection. 

• Cool 3

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,992 posts
6,622 battles
8 minutes ago, notyourfather said:

Enjoy the brine pool 

Cess Pool with Gibbeting .

• Funny 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles
1 hour ago, detonate_me_daddy said:

In just the last two months, with two incidents, both times WG asia did nothing until I raised the issue with WG staff on reddit. This isn't normal. Both EU and NA have good communication with its players with staff actively participating in the forums, why not us? in our forum?

I'm gonna play the role of Devil's Advocate here.

If both EU & NA have good communications with the players, how in the world their forums have a lot more whines/cries/etc. than we have here? Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly okay for each players to have the rights to voice their opinions. Especially since WG is nowhere close to be a flawless company. However do WG staffs in other server really cater to the player's wishes? Many players were against CV rework, especially in NA. But what WG has done? WG kept on pushing their agenda, and one of them just said "Get used to it" although the number of players (DD players to be exact) hit the new low due to the said agenda.

We are not saying our server is better than the others. We just say grass is still grass. The neighbor's grass may be greener. But in the end of the day, it is still grass.

• Cool 4

[MRI]
3,878 posts
17,123 battles

Errr I don't think anybody here is defending WG's treatment of Asia. The three threads about the Clan missions attest to that. I think everyone agrees that English-speaking WG devs should interact more on Asia.

As for the rest,

Better ping? Maybe for you, but others have reported better ping on Asia.

Better Customer Support? I dunno, the few times I had to contact them they replied pretty swiftly.

CV games? That shouldn't be an issue unless you are a CV hater. In other words, this is just your opinion.

So basically almost all your reasons are just your subjective opinion. 

There are also plenty of legit reasons not to move. Like they have friends on Asia or just don't like the toxicity of NA.

• Cool 3

1,169 posts

Bruh, I am one of the who is moving away. Some people cant suit your ideology alone, they got their own nuances, obstacle and restriction who bound to them like work, family and etc.

I actually just opened this forum after a year and half leaving it. And when I played on EU last year, I didnt even use forums there, and I pretty sure I not gonna use it there(NA) aswell, so thats easy to brush aside. But some people here like forums more. They staying doesnt mean they being defensive either, but because some got no choice and some choose to stay. So I hope you to reconsiders your words mate, you probably dont have problem with some thing but that doesnt mean everyone can settle their problem like you did.

That being said, see you on the other side.

• Cool 2

[SMOKE]
2,653 posts
18,422 battles

well I never defend them .. actually the opposite but my take : if I want to play NA or EU, I just go there and made a new ID and a new start

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
384 posts
7,395 battles

Deleted.

Please note that insults are not permitted within our forums in any form.
We have therefore edited your post for content to make it comply with forum rules.

The ASIA Moderation Team

• Cool 7

[FISH]
166 posts
33,136 battles
4 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Nobody's defending the Customer Service in Asia. What WE are defending are the reasons we are staying here.

Can't you just silently leave and take your salt with you instead of acting like an entitled sack? The way you're acting is reflecting a negative light to you Aussies. More like, ever since the transfer announcement has been announced, you Aussies have been acting like whiny entitled dongs with a superiority complex. Which definitely explains why you want to move to NA as your attitudes fit there to a T.

Its not about entitlement, I am from Asia & I haven't transferred since latency wouldn't be favourable to NA or EU servers. However the general incompetence & negligent behavior of the WGAsia staff is of note, and has been ever since the beginning. Even as we speak the CW mission incident has not been solved, and WG asia can't even be bothered to make a public statement regarding the matter. Most of us have suffered or are suffering due to their general incompetence, just that not all of us are fortunate enough who gets favourable latency in EU/NA servers due to connection routing. 

No-one is asking for extra service or favors, just that we get a team whose competence is on par with the teams of the other servers. Its not like people in Asia server pay less for a premium ship or other features, so why should we get a subpar service. 

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,916 posts
8,915 battles
9 hours ago, detonate_me_daddy said:

Asia server loyalists

Lol.  Try to find any of them in the forums?   No one defends WG when they screw up.

But come on.  Try to leave with some dignity like this thread

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,092 posts

I must be one of those server loyalists.

Go and enjoy the salt, I'm staying because;

1. Stable 35ms ping all day, every day...

2. Enjoying Supertesting on this server.

3. Co-op only gaming - Bots don't write salty posts in chat or in the forum (yet.....)

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles
4 hours ago, devil667 said:

However the general incompetence & negligent behavior of the WGAsia staff is of note

Not just wgasia staff, the company in general because the bad decisions come from top down?

2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Lol.  Try to find any of them in the forums?   No one defends WG when they screw up.

I would disagree with that. There are some very pro-wg of us around.

But definitely am I not one of them. I belong to the anti-"utter-incompetence-and-stupidity-of-decision-making" faction.

As someone said up there earlier, if NA was the noisemaker that it is put out to be, why are some of the utter stupid decisions still going through or are those stupid decisions pro-NA in the first place?

I came in here because of the makra; I stayed because of the unlimited salted popcorn. :cap_popcorn::Smile_popcorn:anyone want some?

• Funny 1

5,903 posts
9,742 battles
7 minutes ago, Alenichev said:

I can find someone who said these words in the film。

TRAITOR

You cannot call someone a traitor if he's apparently never on your side :fish_book: 

Edited by Paladinum

[MONMU]
68 posts
7,008 battles

Annnd another 'ASIA SERVER IS THE DEVIL - US SERVER IS LITERALLY PARADISE' thread. Can't we combine these threads into one?

As I've said before, I don't know why some people think changing server is going to fix everything they don't like about a game.

Also, I don't count 'hardly any carrier matches' as a selling point for the US server.

Edited by JollySam

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,802 posts
28,909 battles

no one ever accused the asia server  of being good due to their CS, it's always been because of higher skilled players overall and less toxicity (that you can see)

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Not just wgasia staff, the company in general because the bad decisions come from top down?

Yup this is why I said grass is still grass. Right now the CS in NA & EU might seem to be more competent. But with just a single whim from the top, the paradise can turn into a desolate place instantly.

I'm still putting down some nicer words here just to give the OP the last bit of civilized manners before he jumped into the kiddy's pool.

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Feather said:

I'm still putting down some nicer words here just to give the OP the last bit of civilized manners before he jumped into the kiddy's pool.

From the sharkinfested open waters in the middle of the Pacific out of nowhere into the kiddy's pool. Nice. I like your analogy.

• Funny 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

From the sharkinfested open waters in the middle of the Pacific out of nowhere into the kiddy's pool. Nice. I like your analogy.

I actually meant to give the OP the last non-negativity before he gets into the place where negativity is as common as... SALTBut yeah you can read it that way too.

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles

Also, just to keep this in one spot, from a conversation I had with a Japanese friend, the inference is that the other 66.66666(recurring)% of the forums that dun peak Dinlish don't care that people are moving and continuing on with their daily wows lives. 

Sign in to follow this