You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
adampurkis

The benson and Smoke screen movement signal, IJN dd smoke screen cooldown.

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

So I have got my benson kitted out lately and I do not know what they have done to the second module line of torpedoes.

It seems i will have to use the first module line of torpedoes since 52knots is way to slow given that they can be detected 2-3km's out. I have never gotten a kill with these while using the max 8k range. Perhaps a buff to 56 or 57 would make a good difference. Hopefully someday they will bring the torpedo detection sensor back down.

shot-15.04.18_08.19.46-0093.jpgshot-15.04.18_08.19.51-0266.jpg

Another thing I have been wondering about is the smoke screen moves across the map. Understandable i guess its to simulate wind conditions. There in, how do we know which direction its moving in?. A sensor or cloud coming up on the mini map would help with this so we can keep in our smoke screen. Specially the IJN DD's. they cant take hits way too vulnerable to end up getting detected as close as we have to get these days to get torpedo hits.

IJN smoke screen cooldown I think should be a lot shorter than the american cool down given that IJN dd's cannot take hits 2 hits from a sims takes basically a quarter or our hit pool. We get push out of our own smoke screens by Cruisers pushing toward us after they dodge our torpedoes. In the time it takes us to cool down and put another one up where already dead defenseless torps on reload smoke on cool down. We can run but CV players have now decided to put scout planes in every DD location so we just get shot up. 

shot-15.04.18_08.19.46-0093.jpg

shot-15.04.18_08.19.51-0266.jpg

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

So I have got my benson kitted out lately and I do not know what they have done to the second module line of torpedoes.

It seems i will have to use the first module line of torpedoes since 52knots is way to slow given that they can be detected 2-3km's out. I have never gotten a kill with these while using the max 8k range. Perhaps a buff to 56 or 57 would make a good difference. Hopefully someday they will bring the torpedo detection sensor back down.

shot-15.04.18_08.19.46-0093.jpgshot-15.04.18_08.19.51-0266.jpg

Another thing I have been wondering about is the smoke screen moves across the map. Understandable i guess its to simulate wind conditions. There in, how do we know which direction its moving in?. A sensor or cloud coming up on the mini map would help with this so we can keep in our smoke screen. Specially the IJN DD's. they cant take hits way too vulnerable to end up getting detected as close as we have to get these days to get torpedo hits.

IJN smoke screen cooldown I think should be a lot shorter than the american cool down given that IJN dd's cannot take hits 2 hits from a sims takes basically a quarter or our hit pool. We get push out of our own smoke screens by Cruisers pushing toward us after they dodge our torpedoes. In the time it takes us to cool down and put another one up where already dead defenseless torps on reload smoke on cool down. We can run but CV players have now decided to put scout planes in every DD location so we just get shot up. 

Currently

There's no Wind in the map

play CV (GODDAMNIT)and Look into someone else Smoke

it never Moving

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

They're both DDs, one should not have advantage over the other regarding smoke screen cd. Let's not encourage selfishness for the players of Jap DDs.

Often I would see Jap DDs in game not pop smokescreen to cover the movement of their fleet and capital ships, and just use it for their own torpedo runs. First and foremost, a destroyer's job is to protect his fleet, regardless of nation, and should always use smokescreens to cover their own capital ships. Secondly, Jap DDs already have extremely high concealment rating, if you get shot at by US DDs then obviously that Jap DD destroyer is doing something wrong.

Edited by _PanzerKeil_

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

Currently

There's no Wind in the map

play CV (GODDAMNIT)and Look into someone else Smoke

it never Moving

You again do you enjoy trolling? Going to start calling me names again? From what i have observed they do, i deploy put my ship in full look and just go around in circles in the smoke with aa guns off to avoid being detected while reloading torps. Next thing i know after a while i am no longer in the cover of the smoke screen.. Different players have different play styles just because I enjoy playing DD's does not mean i should switch to playing cv's because you say or some one else says so. I do not do well in slow ships i like to be fast in,out and about. Please do not tell me what to do. Like i said the soul purpose i joined this games beta is for the DD's. Please read and understand.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

They're both DDs, one should not have advantage over another regarding smoke screen cd. Let's not encourage selfishness for the players of Jap DDs.

Often I would see Jap DDs in game not pop smokescreen to cover the movement of their fleet and capital ships, and just use it for their own torpedo runs. First and foremost, a destroyer's job is to protect his fleet, regardless of nation, and should always use smokescreens to cover their own capital ships. Secondly, Jap DDs already have extremely high concealment rating, if you get shot at by US DDs then obviously that Jap DD destroyer is doing something wrong.

Agree with you as for protecting capitol ships. My points was Ijn dd's cant take hits its inevitable that you will get detected. Di you read above? The CV players have started putting planes in DD location and just chase us around. Given that American DD's can take more hits and are almost just as fast as the Ijn dd's it puts them at a significant disadvantage. Ijn' DD's i think i have longer torpedo loading times correct me if i am wrong. On top of that our guns are pretty much useless cant keep up with movement of ship. Like i said above we get chased because we are a easy kill they move into our smoke screen and hunt us down. We need to able to set another one.

PS do not use the word " JAP" mate the moderators mark it down as racial discrimination or something like that.

Edited by adampurkis

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

As much as a DD/CA job is to protect the Feet from Sub (DD) and AA (CA) irl, you can see in most PUG games, your "team" doesn't move as a fleet. A goes there, B go to his corner to camp behind an island and C is AFK and D is YOLOing down the middle.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

PS do not use the word " JAP" mate the moderators mark it down as racial discrimination or something like that.

Apparently not, Japanese players are happy for the term (I was told) so WG is allowing it.

As to wind, there is wind in game, it affects one element only and that is waves. There is one line of coding that reference's wind and direction, have found no others yet

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

Apparently not, Japanese players are happy for the term (I was told) so WG is allowing it.

As to wind, there is wind in game, it affects one element only and that is waves. There is one line of coding that reference's wind and direction, have found no others yet

I think it affect the smoke screen because it seems to move after a while.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I have not found wind to affect smoke. I have on multiple games pop smoke and did not move (hoping to ambush BB at under 5km) and even after smoke has stopping and lingering, I have not (at least eyeballing) noticed my smoke cloud moving or thinning (signs that it is moving). I could be wrong though.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I have not found wind to affect smoke. I have on multiple games pop smoke and did not move (hoping to ambush BB at under 5km) and even after smoke has stopping and lingering, I have not (at least eyeballing) noticed my smoke cloud moving or thinning (signs that it is moving). I could be wrong though.

If you use a CV view to look at smoke, you will know that it doesn't move. It does spread out if the DD moves, or it bunches up when it doesn't.