Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InversoSk3lo

Newcomers guide to dying... Alot

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,915 battles

Should be a discussion in the above mentioned thread. Basically just want to rant about being absolutely curb stomped by CV's at low tier. Maybe it's just me and my 3 point captains, maybe I am a noob. Or is there actually no counter to being bent over and humiliated when I play against a class of ship that never needs to put itself in a precarious position to damage an opponent?

Should also mention I play BB's. Well I did, and enjoyed them for a time, pre CV rework.

Now for some constructive balance ideas.

-Give CV's a fighter consumable (separate from they one that activates to defend their own butts. *Ironic*), one they can use and send to patrol an area of air space by simply clicking to where they want them to go. Like they do for themselves should they ever feel obliged to actually move from spawn. (M) and autopilot) 

Kind Regards

Frustrated return player... "End Rant

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,771 posts
16,179 battles

Guide to dying as a newcomer:

• Show broadside to enemy BB.
  • Sail in a straight line at constant speed.
  • Sitting still in smoke when torpedo equipped ships are around.
  • Going out alone.
  • Fighting when you should run.
  • Sailing in front of that noob who doesn't look when he's firing torpedos.
  • Detonation.

I'm sure there are lots more.

Oh, wait, this is actually another topics about CVs...

Sorry, I took the Title literally again.

Um... ah... I don't really play low tier games much at the moment. eh... "Gosh, those darn T4 CVs sure are a pesky lot aren't they? Yes... they sure are... bad? Bad ships... yep."

*sneaks away*

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,915 battles
57 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Pathetic Post as always for CV Rant.

Though I do appreciate the time you spent to comment on it.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,076 posts
7,466 battles
Just now, InversoSk3lo said:

Though I do appreciate the time you spent to comment on it.

Actually you should look for search button, there's endless post . Similar to yours too.

I can derail anyway. Cuz i have you know , This rant should be dead since 0.8.0..

6,266 posts
10,868 battles
58 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Pathetic Post as always for CV Rant.

More like "another (alleged) CV rant but the problem does not lie in the CVs themselves"

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,076 posts
7,466 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

More like "another (alleged) CV rant but the problem does not lie in the CVs themselves"

Hosho was a bad idea for becoming too powerful since the day .

And i do not forget about Flying Shimakaze on Hakuryu.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,624 posts
15,805 battles

Low tier CVs had been problematic since before rework. It's literally the same salt in different shakers. Just hang on and keep climbing for higher tiers. High tier CVs are rarer than at low tier except during the peak hours.

[MRI]
4,194 posts
19,210 battles

Well I have been saying low-tier AA should get a little buff while squadron health should be nerfed slightly.

But apparently WG thinks the problem can be solved with CV caps alone so I dunno.

[SMOKE]
3,541 posts
20,697 battles

well , let's be honest with it . no mater you like playing CV or hate it, its now becoming a issue in low to mid tiers .. and that is where players suppose to learn .. and for that only the CV allowed to learn in these cases .. this is a problem bought on by fault specification, fault mechanism, and bad MM. I am more for 1 CV hard limit on T4 and T6 CV where I am Ok with 2 CV hard limit for T8 CV. The low to mid tier game should allow every payer a fair chance to play, learn and perform and this should not be hindered by too over skewed an element as too many planes in the air when the surface ships got no speed, not much HP, not really much armor ( BB including , we are talking deck armor not their side ), and practically casual AA if they ever hit. And it certainly do not help with Map size

Equally for similar situation WG had limit CV in top tier game , and 4DD limit , I say its about time WG introduce this on low to mid tier regarding CV and also limit on number of BB and Super Cruisers per game ( so they do not take up slot that's needed for Cruisers ) , and likewise for numbers of Radars ... But while the high tier got all these problems its playable even for the lowly DD because the players had acquire the skill and experience by then and also the ships are better specified to give them a least a chance to fight it .. that is not the case with most surface ships on low tier and even some mid tier ships ...

CAP should be 3 thing to CV, first their own protection which should be automatic and always there , then there's Area patrolling CAP where it should be able to be placed at strategic location , then there's the mobile CAP for friendlies and these should fly around a specified target friendly protecting it and move with it ; On the other hand CAP should not be visible to enemy unless they are in detection range ( PLANE SPOTTED )

I see people keep saying another CV rant thread, oh yes it is and there will be yet more , so long the game made it so that one class of ship is performing as it is like with CV on low to mid tier ; its simply a fact that others are play to be sacrificial offering and no one play to be that , fairness is not provided and by that I say the guys had a right to complain about it

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

62 posts
6,678 battles
12 hours ago, InversoSk3lo said:

Should be a discussion in the above mentioned thread. Basically just want to rant about being absolutely curb stomped by CV's at low tier. Maybe it's just me and my 3 point captains, maybe I am a noob. Or is there actually no counter to being bent over and humiliated when I play against a class of ship that never needs to put itself in a precarious position to damage an opponent?

Should also mention I play BB's. Well I did, and enjoyed them for a time, pre CV rework.

Now for some constructive balance ideas.

-Give CV's a fighter consumable (separate from they one that activates to defend their own butts. *Ironic*), one they can use and send to patrol an area of air space by simply clicking to where they want them to go. Like they do for themselves should they ever feel obliged to actually move from spawn. (M) and autopilot) 

Kind Regards

Frustrated return player... "End Rant

When you've finished reading the disingenuous insulting replies, consider re-starting on NA.  While low tier is difficult everywhere to be honest and WG are looking at the broken nature of low tier CV play, it doesn't get that much better as you go up the tiers.  SEA is infested with CV play so you can either seek to adapt to it and not enjoy your gaming or move on.  The game is meant to be fun so do what you feel is the right thing for you.  And ignore the trolling above.  You'll find most of the salt currently is aimed at people leaving the server for NA by some staying behind.  I don't know why.  There's a saying called so long and no hard feelings but that seems to be in short supply on sea.

[AN-DO]
759 posts
11,604 battles
6 minutes ago, AndersVolvker said:

When you've finished reading the disingenuous insulting replies, consider re-starting on NA.  While low tier is difficult everywhere to be honest and WG are looking at the broken nature of low tier CV play, it doesn't get that much better as you go up the tiers.  SEA is infested with CV play so you can either seek to adapt to it and not enjoy your gaming or move on.  The game is meant to be fun so do what you feel is the right thing for you.  And ignore the trolling above.  You'll find most of the salt currently is aimed at people leaving the server for NA by some staying behind.  I don't know why.  There's a saying called so long and no hard feelings but that seems to be in short supply on sea.

That's not true that most of the salt is from players staying, it's not like those remaining didn't get the chance to move, they chose not to and that's fine it would be great if people stopped trying to turn everything into an us vs them kind of situation. Nobody is wrong for leaving and nobody is wrong for staying, we certainly don't need any threads like one posted in general discussions "Later suckers!!!" that doesn't help anything or anyone, encourages salt and reeks or a cheap parting shot. I think you'll find the salt in the replies here is doe to the fact people are tired of constant threads about CVs ruining things, there are any number of ones still active that the OP could have posted too. I do applaud @InversoSk3lo for offering constructive solutions which is unfortunately not always the case.
To reply to his points, WG have finally acknowledged recently what many of us have been saying for a long time that the CV situation in the low tiers is unbalanced, and their solution is going to be a soft cap of two CVs per side down there. If you have read some of the other threads you'll see that most of us don't think that is nearly enough (and may cause various problems of its own, like more distorted game line ups due to more queue dumps) But it is a start. Giving CVs deployable fighters like in higher tiers is one option though personally I understand why they don't have them on entry level CVs and I'd prefer that players just made it to, and spent more time on T6 CVs to hone their skills rather than T4 as its a good middle ground for refining game-play. I think every sane person would agree that T3 boats need better AA, (or just any AA in some cases) as would most T4 ships, since I think it is most frustrating to feel you have absolutely no protection and are at the complete mercy of aircraft.

[KAMI]
580 posts
7,244 battles

Giving them fighters would actually make it easier for them to dump on DDs by providing a secondary source of spotting so they can accurately align their rockets.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this