You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FloppyPancakes

World Of Warships CBT Ships to OBT

37 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
17 posts

ahoi maties, just asking, anyone who join the CBT for WOWs will WG wipe out our acc went OBT? because that would not be nice to wipe our acc and start again would it? im just asking if they will let us CBTers keep out ships went OBT will come

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

If they wipe out the CBT account, thats mean the ship, commander, credit, (probably piaster too), will be gone and we must start from 0 again. And you dont want to WG doin that of course. Especially with tester who already had a bunch of tier X ships

Edited by GS_Vrea

[REACH]
Beta Tester
107 posts
2,227 battles

umm if you played cbts in many mmo, its a way of life already, that everything gets wipe in CBT in almost every game. 

Edited by piaya

[REACH]
Beta Tester
107 posts
2,227 battles

but if they didnt wipe WG wont earn much $$$ once OBT is up since people already have their favorite ship.

Beta Tester
66 posts

They will wipe everything. Anything you have bought will be credited to you again so any piasters you have spent you will get back same with ships.

It's not really fair to players who start playing in open beta to come up against players seal clubbing with fully kitted out ships and captains.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Yes, there will be a wipe.

Anything you purchased with real money, and tester rewards, will still be kept for you. Everything else, including ALL progress, will be wiped.

This has been covered multiple times, use the forum's search function.

/thread

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Did WoT and WoWp do this "wipe" too after CBT?

Yes

Yes, there will be a wipe.

Anything you purchased with real money, and tester rewards, will still be kept for you. Everything else, including ALL progress, will be wiped.

This has been covered multiple times, use the forum's search function.

/thread

^^

To reiterate (lost count of how often)

Wipe after CBT before OBT.

All you get re-credited are:

a.  any pre-purchased packages AS THEY WERE PURCHASED.

b.  any "gift" ships (at the moment only the Iwaki Alpha).

NOTHING ELSE gets re-credited/returned/whatever.

No Crews, No ships, No XP, No credits, No Doubloons/Piastres that you have not purchased.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

If there is OBT
Probably they will give ceryain amount of ship free exp and credit.
And probably Piaster/Token/Gold too

To the tester
Probably....

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

ahoi maties, just asking, anyone who join the CBT for WOWs will WG wipe out our acc went OBT? because that would not be nice to wipe our acc and start again would it? im just asking if they will let us CBTers keep out ships went OBT will come

CBT > OBT = everything wipe.....

but WG says as compensation to alpha/beta testers who participated in the CBT, there is no wipe when OBT ends and the official release comes...

:honoring:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

They will wipe everything. Anything you have bought will be credited to you again so any piasters you have spent you will get back same with ships.

It's not really fair to players who start playing in open beta to come up against players seal clubbing with fully kitted out ships and captains.

Yes

^^

To reiterate (lost count of how often)

Wipe after CBT before OBT.

All you get re-credited are:

a.  any pre-purchased packages AS THEY WERE PURCHASED.

b.  any "gift" ships (at the moment only the Iwaki Alpha).

NOTHING ELSE gets re-credited/returned/whatever.

No Crews, No ships, No XP, No credits, No Doubloons/Piastres that you have not purchased.

So if you spend your gold in BETA it gets wiped and it does not get replaced?

Wtf...

Thats not cool at all....

I really do not like the idea of them taking my ships, if they do i am going to end up abandoning this game and going back to world of tanks, im already nearly at tier 10 on all the lines of ships, i am not going to want to do that again twice more while wargaming takes my money and then deletes what i bought with it...

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

So if you spend your gold in BETA it gets wiped and it does not get replaced?

Wtf...

Thats not cool at all....

I really do not like the idea of them taking my ships, if they do i am going to end up abandoning this game and going back to world of tanks, im already nearly at tier 10 on all the lines of ships, i am not going to want to do that again twice more while wargaming takes my money and then deletes what i bought with it...

If you spend your gold you bought as part of a pre-order package you GET THE GOLD PURCHASED re-credited.

You don't get piastres that were carried over from alpha/weekend beta testing back.

CBT is ALWAYS followed by a wipe before OBT....

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

If you spend your gold you bought as part of a pre-order package you GET THE GOLD PURCHASED re-credited.

You don't get piastres that were carried over from alpha/weekend beta testing back.

CBT is ALWAYS followed by a wipe before OBT....

And i still do not agree with it lol, All the ships should have been available to play not available to spend countless hours grinding so they could be taken off you in 2 months time.

Not all games, elite dangerous ended up letting you keep your progress for an example.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Super Tester
1,677 posts

the pre-order sheeps you bought will still remain but for example, you goalded just to buy the lulz that is Atlanta or the torpedo cruiser Kitakami, I believe the goald you used to buy the two or one of them will return back to you. all else gets the wipe. a-team guys still get to keep their alpha sheeps although I have exactly NO idea if after the wipe the CBT guys will get reward sheeps for being in the CBT or if once the game kicks off CS, both CBT and OBT guys will receive the same ship type and as per WG tradition, expect tier V.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

the pre-order sheeps you bought will still remain but for example, you goalded just to buy the lulz that is Atlanta or the torpedo cruiser Kitakami, I believe the goald you used to buy the two or one of them will return back to you. all else gets the wipe. a-team guys still get to keep their alpha sheeps although I have exactly NO idea if after the wipe the CBT guys will get reward sheeps for being in the CBT or if once the game kicks off CS, both CBT and OBT guys will receive the same ship type and as per WG tradition, expect tier V.

Wouldnt you just keep the Atlanta or kitakami?....

Why would they take a premium ship off of you...

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

And i still do not agree with it lol, All the ships should have been available to play not available to spend countless hours grinding so they could be taken off you in 2 months time.

Not all games, elite dangerous ended up letting you keep your progress for an example.

So if all the ships was available to play from the start in CBT. please tell me how data on getting from tier 1 to tier 10 would have been generated, to be used in adjusting parameters such as XP cost for ships, XP earnings, etc ?

BETA TEST means testing all the various functions in the game, including grinding the tiers up. Alphatesters allready have been through a couple of wipes, where everything gets reset to scratch. Thats how it is when testing. If you aren't prepared for that, then dont join betatests. It is really that simple.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Wouldnt you just keep the Atlanta or kitakami?....

Why would they take a premium ship off of you...

If you bought the premium ship with Piasters/tokens gifted by WG as part of the testing of the economy, why should you keep it after CBT ?

If you bought the premium ship with Tokens from a preorder pack of doubloons you purchased, you get the full amount of doubloons you purchased, back when OBT starts,and can repurchase the premium ship. 

Where is the problem ?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Elite: Dangerous wiped alpha progress, but let you keep the ships you bought into the alpha for. Beta progress/soft launch was the one that's kept, the exact same thing as what WoWS is doing. It's standard fare for pretty much all MMOs.

It's not good for the longevity of the game, nor is it fair to newer players, to let early game testers keep all the material progress they made while the game was still locked out to the majority of players. If we were allowed to keep everything, by the time the game is in open beta and open to all players, we'd all have very high-leveled captains for our ships, as well as significant resources and all the various tiers unlocked. As it stands, we'll already have a significant advantage from all the practice we're getting with the game.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

If you bought the premium ship with Piasters/tokens gifted by WG as part of the testing of the economy, why should you keep it after CBT ?

If you bought the premium ship with Tokens from a preorder pack of doubloons you purchased, you get the full amount of doubloons you purchased, back when OBT starts,and can repurchase the premium ship. 

Where is the problem ?

Is that to ensure you cant keep your captain with 9 or so crew skills?

would make sense, i thought he was implying they will take gold ships off of you that you paid real money for without a refund.

So if all the ships was available to play from the start in CBT. please tell me how data on getting from tier 1 to tier 10 would have been generated, to be used in adjusting parameters such as XP cost for ships, XP earnings, etc ?

BETA TEST means testing all the various functions in the game, including grinding the tiers up. Alphatesters allready have been through a couple of wipes, where everything gets reset to scratch. Thats how it is when testing. If you aren't prepared for that, then dont join betatests. It is really that simple.

S&^t (subtle) i can't argue with that you make good points...

Still i would like to hold onto my right to feel robbed by it when it happens lol.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Elite: Dangerous wiped alpha progress, but let you keep the ships you bought into the alpha for. Beta progress/soft launch was the one that's kept, the exact same thing as what WoWS is doing. It's standard fare for pretty much all MMOs.

yeah i was talking about the fact that they let you keep your BETA progress, of course ALPHA progress will be wiped, Alpha is always bugs and everything changes anyway.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

yeah i was talking about the fact that they let you keep your BETA progress, of course ALPHA progress will be wiped, Alpha is always bugs and everything changes anyway.

Their early access alpha is the same as our closed beta. Their beta is basically our open beta. The difference was because Elite: Dangerous is a B2P game, whilst WoWS is a F2P, hence the need for a buy-in to test the game over there.

Basically, in my 10+ years of playing MMOs, I've never heard of one that didn't have a character wipe moving from testing to launch.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Their early access alpha is the same as our closed beta. Their beta is basically our open beta. The difference was because Elite: Dangerous is a B2P game, whilst WoWS is a F2P, hence the need for a buy-in to test the game over there.

Basically, in my 10+ years of playing MMOs, I've never heard of one that didn't have a character wipe moving from testing to launch.

Is there actually a good reason why BETA testers should not keep their progression in this game  other than it is somehow unfair to new players when the game goes live though..?

(Would that not make world of tanks and well... any MMo unfair for new players lol..?)

Honestly imo the biggest thing that gives BETA testers an advantage is the opportunity to be veterans of the game before people are even noobs which can not be taken away from them so why take their ships away when that is not even their biggest advantage over others?

I know when the game goes live i am not going to want to grind the Yamato, Des moines or Senjo because i have already done it and had the late nights of "im nearly there" on which ever tier of ship for hours on end..

I know that is fairly petty because i could just bite my lip and do it again...

And i do hope i actually can because i do want to play this game but my experience with only being able to pull 1 tier 10 tank out of my motivation bucket in world of tanks over the course of a year despite how much i love that game tells me i will never see these ships again and that sucks.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Like I said earlier, game longevity. The WG gameplay progression mechanic is the tier system. By playing the game, players progress up through the tiers and unlock better ships. If you let players complete a significant portion of the progression mechanic before the game is even soft-launched, let alone hitting gold, your progression goes completely out of whack and you end up trying to implement even more endgame shit. This kills the game because older players are endlessly waiting for new things to do endgame, while new players have an incredible amount of work to do to even get to the level of players ahead of them. This creates a systemic bias towards older players, which really isn't good for a game launch.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Like I said earlier, game longevity. The WG gameplay progression mechanic is the tier system. By playing the game, players progress up through the tiers and unlock better ships. If you let players complete a significant portion of the progression mechanic before the game is even soft-launched, let alone hitting gold, your progression goes completely out of whack and you end up trying to implement even more endgame shit. This kills the game because older players are endlessly waiting for new things to do endgame, while new players have an incredible amount of work to do to even get to the level of players ahead of them. This creates a systemic bias towards older players, which really isn't good for a game launch.

Yeah the world of warcraft problem with having 100 levels to grind for new players.

Always ends in ruining the game i get ya.