You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pervis117

Asia gets skrewed again

31 comments in this topic

[MALD]
443 posts
37,495 battles

I'll summarize briefly:

1) Wargaming messes up its event schedule and removes the League progress and steel missions from the game before the last session of Clan Battles Starts.

2) Asia server prime time for Clan Battles starts and ends without the missions being restored.

3) Missions get restored after Asia CBT window ends but before the Prime Times of any of the other servers begin. They're literally in the Combat Missions section right now (and they weren't during CBT session) but of course we can't play CBT any further.

shot-19_12.08_22_07.55-0741.thumb.jpg.2ef2a551358c9d5fb79e9131610a2103.jpg

4) The result is that only Asian players get skrewed out of their last CBT session, we serve as the Canary in the Coal Mine for every other WOWs player out there.

5) Wargaming hasn't acknowledged the error at the time of this thread being made, they've maintained radio silence on how they plan to fix it, and seeing as the problem only affects SEA players, my prediction is their solution will be meagre and indifferent, reflecting their attitude towards this server.

This is probably the first time in 4 years I've considered quitting the game, or changing servers. I don't know whats worse, the incompetence or the discrimination.

• Cool 7

[REPOI]
42 posts
11,031 battles

We need to let more people (especially WG SEA staffs and mods) see this.

As argued in a similar thread, if this issue is not responded swiftly and appropriately on WG SEA's side, this is a huge PR disaster in the makings.

Edited by Fluffy_Zubzub

[MALD]
443 posts
37,495 battles
Just now, Fluffy_Zubzub said:

We need to let more people (especially WG SEA staffs and mods) see this.

As argued in a similar thread, if this issue is not responded swiftly and appropriately on WG SEA's side, this is a huge PR disaster in the makings.

I agree, but the impact of a PR disaster exists only to the extent Weegee - cares - about a PR disaster from the Asian community. We need to recognize that we, as a player base, have been the specific subject of neglect and discrimination by Wargaming and we need to organize some sort of reaction that they would respond to.

Possible ideas may be a collective voluntary pledge to no longer spend money on the game until the issues are addressed.
I'm not really part of the KoTs crowd or other such competitive bracket (so I can't speak to their interests), but a boycott of cross server tournaments by such clans would also get their notice.

My third and perhaps biggest problem is, there just seems to be interaction between the admins of Asia server and wider community. We feel unheard by them and we feel they either don't care to bring these up with the central authority of the game or that said authority doesn't give them any importance if they do.

There's only so much nonsense you can expect players to put up with before we take our money elsewhere to a game that cares more.

[FISH]
166 posts
33,505 battles

Wait! Now they get restored? After our last session ends? Wow! My initial opinion was that wargaming stuff didn't yet figure out how calender works. But the missions getting restored after our primtime and before the PT of other servers, this is just pure drama. 

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,972 posts
9,248 battles

If you get no response from management here then perhaps make contact in reddit.  

[AN-DO]
759 posts
11,085 battles
29 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

If you get no response from management here then perhaps make contact in reddit.  

I don't have a reddit account though I've been damn tempted to make one now for this reason several times, do you want to volunteer to be our reddit rep?

Also as for compensation, which they should definitely be giving, I don't want a container with a day of premium, I want the steel I missed out on, as does the rest of my clan.

The fact that I posted about this in the bug report channel yesterday afternoon when I picked it up playing cross server and reading other posts it wasn't fixed until after that Asia session many hours later is also not a good look. They had plenty of warning.

• Cool 1

[MALD]
443 posts
37,495 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Stratmania made a reddit thread about this. Wargaming has not bothered to respond to that either, even though its been many hours.

The platform is not the problem, in my opinion. The attitude by Wargaming persists across all platforms.

• Cool 1

2,675 posts
17,680 battles

I keep trying to tell you people it's your own fault. We need to kick them to wake them up. So stop giving WG any money until they start making sure they can follow through. As it stands they are not concerned because there are no consequences for their actions. You'll still buy stuff from the premium shop etc...

[CLAY]
3,452 posts
14,731 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

I keep trying to tell you people it's your own fault. We need to kick them to wake them up. So stop giving WG any money until they start making sure they can follow through. As it stands they are not concerned because there are no consequences for their actions. You'll still buy stuff from the premium shop etc...

I congratulate you on being consistent by putting the same reply in all three threads on the topic. If only everyone could do this.

Or alternatively, amalgamate the threads.

593 posts
4,046 battles
7 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

you may try the CEO directly

https://www.facebook.com/victor.kislyi

https://www.linkedin.com/in/victorkislyi/?originalSubdomain=cy

apparently, this guy has patented MM algorithm under his name. interesting

WGMM.jpg.ad043c9b8e03c067dca0ce567cfaa2a6.jpg

• Cool 1

2,675 posts
17,680 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I congratulate you on being consistent by putting the same reply in all three threads on the topic. If only everyone could do this.

Or alternatively, amalgamate the threads.

I'm making sure to reach the audience of each thread.. which may not be the same for each one.

You ....spam-classic-455.png

• Funny 2

[MALD]
443 posts
37,495 battles
6 hours ago, keskparane said:

I do not agree with the victim blaming, this is Wargaming's fault, no one else's. 

However, moving forward, I do think you have the right idea. We need to put up a petition where people pledge not to spend anymore money on the game until the issues are addressed,

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,972 posts
9,248 battles
6 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

We need to put up a petition where people pledge not to spend anymore money on the game until the issues are addressed

Sounds great in theory but you know no one will ever stick to their word if they see something they want.

[SPWPK]
30 posts
17,532 battles
2 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

Apparently, this guy has patented MM algorithm under his name. interesting

WGMM.jpg.ad043c9b8e03c067dca0ce567cfaa2a6.jpg

I wonder if this is the reason for the resistance to any significant changes to the current MM system - doing so would invalidate the patent 

[CLAY]
3,452 posts
14,731 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

I'm making sure to reach the audience of each thread.. which may not be the same for each one.

You ....spam-classic-455.png

Yep, that’s me. A Classic.

• Cool 1

2,675 posts
17,680 battles
2 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

I do not agree with the victim blaming, this is Wargaming's fault, no one else's. 

However, moving forward, I do think you have the right idea. We need to put up a petition where people pledge not to spend anymore money on the game until the issues are addressed,

Well victim blaming was

Tongue+in+Cheek+-+Barack+Obama.jpg

As for petition. Words, words, words. Action much better.

[-ISO-]
1,096 posts
7,059 battles
9 hours ago, keskparane said:

Whiners: We need WG to listen to our complains!

Also whiners: *Keep spending their money to WG.

DUH

• Funny 2

[FISH]
166 posts
33,505 battles

Well, what I find most interesting is that the way they are completely neglecting the issue and havent even bothered to make a public statement about it. And they can afford to do that cause the community here lacks any form of unity or personality. Even when previously Asia server got treated as shit, it didn't affect their revenue stream, even when some people strongly supported not spending any money on the premium shops. And thats all because it always ends up being a small insignificant portion, Asian players lack the unity or unified mentality needed to cause a significant dent on their revenue stream for them to take us seriously.

As for my prediction, YOY revenue from Asia this christmas season will be equal if not higher than that of last. While wargaming asia staff are at fault for being incompetent and negligent, the community also is responsible for letting it continue without backlash.

[MALD]
443 posts
37,495 battles

It's been over a day and Wargaming hasn't even acknowledged the mistake, let alone address it. 

I'm convinced that if this issue had affected NA or EU servers, WG would never have refused to acknowledge it in this way. 

This is bigotry and discrimination, its a message to Asia players that we are valued less and our player experience is more expendable.

I've personally decided to forgo any expenditure on christmas containers this season, the first time I'll have done so since I made my account.

Wargaming Asia staff, shame on you. You failed to represent us.

Edited by Pervis117
  • Cool 1

[MALD]
443 posts
37,495 battles

@amnesia98 @Nya_gaming @Chamchi_CM @HuginnKR 

The four of you ignoring the issue as far as we can see. Is it because you don't read the forums of the community you manage? Or have you read it but simply don't care about the players in the community you manage?

even if you spoke to wargaming and they ignored you like you are ignoring us right now, you owe it to the community to engage on the issue.

[WG]
Administrator
126 posts
215 battles

Hey, Captains!

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for the delayed response.
We are aware of the Clan Battle related issues and is currently in the progress of compensating the steel rewards for those affected.
The compensation processes are intended to finish by the end of tomorrow.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
World of Warships Team

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,802 posts
28,909 battles
28 minutes ago, Nya_gaming said:

Hey, Captains!

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for the delayed response.
We are aware of the Clan Battle related issues and is currently in the progress of compensating the steel rewards for those affected.
The compensation processes are intended to finish by the end of tomorrow.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
World of Warships Team

how about the compensation for not resolving the issue before CW started on SEA even though they could for NA, EU and CIS? I was only missing 3 battles and due to the missions being canceled and there being radio silence from WG, we didnt even play that night.

i know for sure that many other clans didnt play due to disappointment and anger at WG on the last night and i really hope the compensation isnt going to be half-assed like "1 day of prem and 2 crates", we all know how valuable steel is and WG should at least compensate something that shows their sincerity 

Edited by drakon233
  • Cool 4

[MALD]
443 posts
37,495 battles

Yes I'm worried that Wargaming will limit their compensation only to players who played during that session, whereas many people didn't play specifically because the missions went missing.

[WG]
Administrator
126 posts
215 battles

Hi, @drakon233 @Pervis117

Thank you for your feedback on your Clan Battle experience and apologies for the inconvenience caused. Could you please contact the Support for further possibilities of compensation for this matter.

Thank you again and we hope to see you out on the High Seas!

The ASIA Moderation Team