You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Leo_1408

What can I do?

7 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
132 posts
12,330 battles

I live in New South Wales in Australia, and the state has over 100 bushfires burning all around where we live. So this arvo, I settled down to a quick game of WoWS (to escape the worry) and the fires burnt the electricty and phone pylons down as I started a battle. Four hours later, the power came back on, and I restarted the game, only to find I had a 4 battle penalty for inactivity and leaving the battle early! Do I just hav e to wear that - or can I appeal against it? It is easy to verify the damage bushfires are causing right across the state - like its on the news everywhere. Can the mods do something about it?

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

[TF44]
[TF44]
301 posts
21,718 battles

You can put in a Ticket to Support. Support have the discretionary ability to remove the penalty.

Or you can play 4 quick Co-Op or Ops battles and be done with it.

Good Luck whichever route you decide on.

Cheers

[CLAY]
3,757 posts
16,138 battles

The automated penalty system. Designed to prevent continuous, long term unsportsmanlike behaviour such as team damage and leaving battles early.

It has two main phases.

The first is a warning, it’s automated, so it’s not something that’s held against you long term. All it does is mark you pink for a certain number of battles, just to let other players know to be careful. The fact that it shows the same colour for team killers and those who leave can be annoying, but most players think nothing of it to see a pink player, we’ve all had accidents, we’ve all been disconnected and marked absent. Most players just keep an eye on the pinks, but don’t call attention to them, or make fun of them. Usually.

The second phase is where you keep doing unsportsmanlike like behaviour while pink, while under a warning. Except for rare cases, this is only really going for those who deliberately team kill or leave a battle, so not something you have to worry about. It will lock you out of randoms, so you can only play co op, further unsportsmanlike behaviour could get you banned, but again, it’s only for continued behaviour.

As such, it’s not really worth worrying about if you’re just pink. Just play 4 games carefully and you’re good. You’re dealing with a dumb program who can’t be argued with. Yes, it’s annoying that it can’t tell the difference between willingly leaving, and forced disconnect (I suppose it wouldn’t be able to tell if the phonelines went downfield to fire, or if the player deliberately pulled the cord out in order to fake a disconnect, so maybe they’re protecting against that?). In any case, unless this data is permanently recorded, which I doubt, I would just play the 4 battles in scenario or co op.

[CLAY]
132 posts
12,330 battles

Thanks everyone for the advice. I don't often get pink (and if I do its cos a torpedo hit someone who turned into it, so I know why,) but I did what everyone recommended, and played 4 quick co-op battles and I'm fine now. Its just that I never had that happen before - but thanks again for your advice. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

2,675 posts
17,680 battles

It also times out. When I've lost connection by the time I've logged back in it usually tells me that I've got the ban but also that it's expired.

[CLAY]
132 posts
12,330 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 9:51 AM, keskparane said:

It also times out. When I've lost connection by the time I've logged back in it usually tells me that I've got the ban but also that it's expired.

Thanks, that didn't happen this time, but 4 quick co-op battles fixed the problem. It was just unexpected. :Smile_Default: