Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

What WG didn't tell us about Pan EU DD line...

33 comments in this topic

6,249 posts
10,839 battles

It was sponsored by Ikea.

...and possibly also Bofors.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

6,249 posts
10,839 battles
13 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

The_Swedish_Chef.jpg

A sauce told me that Bofors also sponsored the Pan EU cruiser line so expect many Swedish ships in that line too.

Edited by Paladinum

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,597 posts
13,131 battles

Yeah it's a bit strange that every ship that anyone will actually play (tiers 3-10) are all Swedish.  I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get Grom at T7, since I think that would be a great ship to have in the game, plus for it to be properly balanced it would have to be better than Blyska, which would likely lead to a Blyska buff as well.

Friesland is such a great ship too, so some more Dutch DD's would be welcome.

746 posts
19,634 battles

I must say... those torpedoes sound like fun and pretty nasty in a DD fight.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,076 posts
7,466 battles

Now this Pan European Destroyer suits me. I don't want to run Jervis anymore.

6,249 posts
10,839 battles
44 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get Grom at T7

Can also be the improved Grom-class which were 2 unbuilt sister ships.

Both T6 and T7 are paper ships, which is hard to understand why WG made such a decision. Unless my thread is true and this line is indeed sponsored by the Swedes :Smile_hiding:

My speculative PEU DD line doesn't have as many Swedish ships as this official line, lol

6,249 posts
10,839 battles
Just now, Thyaliad said:

More like Swedish DDs instead of Pan-EU lol.

Some FB comments say maybe there is a ACTUAL Pan-Eu DD line split in the future  :fish_book:

[BOTES]
Modder
611 posts
4,506 battles

Makes me wonder if self assemble is required with the Swede botes

What a timely addition the shipyard mechanics is

6,249 posts
10,839 battles
Just now, PunishedKAsual said:

I was thinking about the same thing when dekoji mentioned Ikea, lol

[-CAT-]
4,737 posts
17,157 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

A sauce told me that Bofors also sponsored the Pan EU cruiser line so expect many Swedish ships in that line too.

Makes sense, since most of the ships have mounted bofors guns in their vessels. So Sweds has some say.

2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get Grom at T7, since I think that would be a great ship to have in the game, plus for it to be properly balanced it would have to be better than Blyska, which would likely lead to a Blyska buff as well.

Also disappointed. Estonia, Poland, Netherland, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Romania, Austro-Hungary, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria.

1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Some FB comments say maybe there is a ACTUAL Pan-Eu DD line split in the future  :fish_book:

Hmmm a very diverse tech tree.

Also slightly disappointed that they did not include countermeasure consumables. Maybe other nation ships.

Also adding Paladinum's EU DD suggestion

Edited by S0und_Theif

[TLS]
5,586 posts
22,690 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

More like Swedish DDs instead of Pan-EU lol.

Stop stealing my ideas. >_>

Then again, I'm calling them ikea dds now anyway. 

58 minutes ago, PunishedKAsual said:

Makes me wonder if self assemble is required with the Swede botes

Yes. Requires you to purchase a set of hexagonal wrenches.

56 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I was thinking about the same thing when dekoji mentioned Ikea, lol

DEKOJI!? I am sad Padinumla. >_>

6,249 posts
10,839 battles

This is what I meant by "ACTUAL Pan-Eu DD line":

9 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Poland, Netherland, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Romania, Austro-Hungary, Yugoslavia.

As in, not a Swedish DD line :Smile_veryhappy:

Just now, dejiko_nyo said:

DEKOJI!? I am sad Padinumla. >_>

Spare me, your nickname is confusing.

[BOTES]
Modder
611 posts
4,506 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Yes. Requires you to purchase a set of hexagonal wrenches.

No way, I swear those are included in the flat boxes! 

[SALT]
2,213 posts
10,571 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Unless my thread is true and this line is indeed sponsored by the Swedes :Smile_hiding:

You just wait, when The event for "Pan EU Early Access" include IKEA Flag, IKEA Collection (wardrobe, dresser and such), and Special EU commander - IKEA branch Manager

Edited by humusz
  • Funny 4

6,249 posts
10,839 battles
21 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

*snipped*

The in-game Amalfi is actually a design made for Spain IRL. So T8 PEU cruiser can easily be that ship.

T6 can be Swedish Tre Kronor-class. T7 Dutch De Zeven Provinciën-class.

If continued to be sponsored by the Swedes, I can see a hypothetical Bofors-manufactured auto-loader dual-purpose triple 203 mm turret design. Swedish Des Moist (with torpedoes from the DDs) please.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,737 posts
17,157 battles
8 hours ago, Paladinum said:

The in-game Amalfi is actually a design made for Spain IRL. So T8 PEU cruiser can easily be that ship.

T6 can be Swedish Tre Kronor-class. T7 Dutch De Zeven Provinciën-class.

If continued to be sponsored by the Swedes, I can see a hypothetical Bofors-manufactured auto-loader dual-purpose triple 203 mm turrets. Swedish Des Moist (with torpedoes from the DDs) please.

Almost there for a full PEU CL/CA line. NIce.👍

If the Spanish Amalfi will not have SAP as ammo, then she can play around T8 and T9, And complete a CL/CA tech tree. Split can be done later once there are more paper ships suddenly found or "Bayard" some ships.

Edited by S0und_Theif

2,045 posts
10,320 battles
58 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Almost there for a full PEU CL/CA line. NIce.👍

If the Spanish Amalfi will not have SAP as ammo, then she can play around T8 and T9, And complete a CL/CA tech tree. Split can be done later once there are more paper ships suddenly found or "Bayard" some ships.

If you want to differentiate the "Spanish Amalfi" from the Italian one even further, there is a variant featuring a more classical layout of twin mounts in AB-XY configuration. Also there exist other Spanish cruiser designs...

Besides the "mainstream" of Project 1047, the Dutch also made conceptual studies of "enlarged CAs" as a result of bureaucratic interference in late 1939.

http://www.netherlandsnavy.nl/Special_battlecruiser.htm

How to place Tre Kronor and De Zeven Provincien seems problematic: they are lightly armored and armed with a small number of rapid-firing 152-mm DP guns.

6,249 posts
10,839 battles
1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

How to place Tre Kronor and De Zeven Provincien seems problematic: they are lightly armored and armed with a small number of rapid-firing 152-mm DP guns.

Alternatively, De Zeven can be T6 with an Italian CA design for Spain with 3x2 203 mm.

When tiering De Zeven, I also weighed the tonnage, and the class has the similar tonnage to Brooklyn/New Orleans-class, ~12k ton. In T7, there is also the Atlanta (and Flint), so putting De Zeven in T7 makes sense. However, the fact that the class lacks torpedoes is more concerning to me than armor or tonnage.

The Dutch designs with 283 mm are just large cruisers in the game. However, tiering can be tricky, as the most known of them, 1047, can be as low as T8 due to the weak guns and rather poor protection. Better be Arsenal ship instead of FXP.

There are potential in the 240 mm designs. Just need to make them NOT Henri IV, regular speed kiter instead of obnoxious high-speed long-ranged kiter.

Edited by Paladinum

[-CAT-]
4,737 posts
17,157 battles

If you want to differentiate the "Spanish Amalfi" from the Italian one even further, there is a variant featuring a more classical layout of twin mounts in AB-XY configuration. Also there exist other Spanish cruiser designs...

That configuration could be put on T6, T7, or T8 (why T8, Hipper).

The triple mount in ABX can be T8 or T9. Spain "almost" complete's Heavy Cruiser line

They play around T6 or T7. High tech enough to be in most T7 to T9 matches (+ 2 MM). I have doubts if they will be a match on T8. Too weak, too few guns, and + / - 2 MM.

Also Dutch navy ships have no torpedo, I would prefer to split Swedish ships with torpedo and Dutch ships without torpedo. To avoid playstyle difference (Torpedo on T6, no torpedo on T7 and torpedo again on T8).

These 2 navy "could possibly" complete light cruiser line. But with my current library, I doubt I can complete.

Dutch navy maybe like Soviet and US CA playstyle. Small guns on T8 or T9, big guns on T10. No torpedo. Consumables?

Besides the "mainstream" of Project 1047, the Dutch also made conceptual studies of "enlarged CAs" as a result of bureaucratic interference in late 1939.

http://www.netherlandsnavy.nl/Special_battlecruiser.htm

Scharnhorst guns. Around T9 or T10 as Cruiser, but also can be T6 or T7 BB. I dunno. :Smile_unsure:

There was mention of 240 mm (24 cm) guns. Those design, T10. Transition from T8, T9 light cruiser to T10 heavy cruiser, like Soviet CL/CA line. Or T9 240 mm and T10 280 mm.
And since she is Dutch, no torpedo armament.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[SALT]
2,213 posts
10,571 battles

One of the stories was that Dutch Delegation, not satisfied with some part of German Design. Seek technical assistance to Italian.

The Italians give the delegation tour to visit Vittorio Vineto, some Technical notes that was exchange was the need to redesign entire midsection, including heightened Double bottomed hull for Torpedo and mine protection, . but the funny part was Dutch were realy un-impresed by Italian Engine, steering and propulsion, noting a badly design and technicaly complex Italian design were, and thus they seek further assistance to that area back to Germans. Which quite interesting, as Italian Ships in this game were agile and manuverable while High tier German ship in this game is basicly Slow moving floating Bricks :fish_haloween:

Edited by humusz

[TLS]
5,586 posts
22,690 battles
19 hours ago, humusz said:

Which quite interesting, as Italian Ships in this game were agile and manuverable while High tier German ship in this game is basicly Slow moving floating Bricks :fish_haloween:

*rummages through the closet for appropriate response*

Here is the sign: "WG BALANS"

• Cool 1

6,249 posts
10,839 battles

There is another possible sponsor: Sabaton.

@S0und_Theif

There may be a reason why Holland-class not being in the line - "Holland" may be the name of an EU super cruiser.

If there is ever going to be a EU BB line, I want one of them to bear the name "Carolus Rex" (Charles XII of Sweden).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this