Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moggytwo

T4 CV changes likely soon

13 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,513 posts
12,136 battles

I just spotted this comment from Sub_Octavian on reddit here.

It's doesn't tell us much, but he says:

"There will be an update about CV on t4 soon :)"

"Eh, nope, their efficiency is not the problem here, apart from Hosho, which we worked on separately."

Efficiency in WG-speak means how strong they are, so he's saying he thinks Hosho was OP (and hence is being rebalanced, with some changes already in, and more coming next patch), but the rest aren't individually.

I'm hoping for an increase in the effectiveness in AA against T4 CV's, since I think the balance is off there, and a reduction in the amount of time it takes for newer players to grind through T4 CV's.

• Cool 3

[AN-DO]
750 posts
11,035 battles

Took them long enough, but if it's true its great news as that was definitely a huge issue and personally I think quite a barrier for new players.

4 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm hoping for an increase in the effectiveness in AA against T4 CV's, since I think the balance is off there, and a reduction in the amount of time it takes for newer players to grind through T4 CV's.

I would agree and support both ideas, I'd also give the T3s some AA too because being on a ship with zero AA in a game with CVs is ridiculous not to mention frustrating. 

• Cool 3

[MRI]
3,878 posts
17,123 battles

I am hoping for an AA buff across the board, since

Also give the T3 ships some AA because having literally no AA is not fun.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,573 posts
14,040 battles

Not only buffing AA, but also hard lock limiting it to one or two CV per side in T4.

Three CV per side is just too much. Especially for the hatchings (new players).

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
384 posts
7,395 battles

I'd say remove the ability to use Engine Boost on all t4 CVs, and maybe nerf Houshou's plane speed a bit.

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,513 posts
12,136 battles

Well it seems they're using the match maker to solve this problem, rather than nerfing XP requirements to T6 or buffing XP gains for T4 CV's.

• For Tier V battles, a soft limit of two aircraft carriers per team will be set. A battle with three aircraft carriers in the team will be possible only after a long wait in the queue.
  • All other Tiers of battle, including IV, will have a hard limit of 2 aircraft carriers per team.

Considering we already see quite a few MM dumps with the current much looser CV restrictions, I'm guessing those are going to increase markedly.  This is concerning, especially on SEA server where we have far more CV battles than other servers.

[AN-DO]
750 posts
11,035 battles

Yep, we all start out optimistic then WG come's out with their plan and everybody goes back to being demoralised. It still doesn't fix for example the fact you can be in a T3 CA with zero AA and you'll encounter 2 CVs still. They need an all-round solution not just the MM quick fix

[PTT]
6 posts
10,413 battles

in my honest opinion,tier 4 cvs should've never been giving the ability to drop two torps in one strike.

Edited by NovaLyfe

62 posts
6,678 battles

How about nerf their damage in to the ground but give them much larger XP for the damage.  Like a 10k damage game could still net you 2k XP.  Doesn't impact the ship part of the game and they can still advance.

[TLS]
5,000 posts
21,516 battles

Yes, please nerf T4 CV so that less people are enticed to start and play CV line. Then we will be back at rework levels of CV players. Objective acheived!

No, what we really need is skill-based MM so that the seal clubbers can attempt to club people of the same skill and "enjoy the fact that the seals will bite back".

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this