Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Unfair punishment

5 comments in this topic

62 posts
3,815 battles

Rather annoyed that I have received a 3 game penalty for 'Unsporting conduct' because I quit a battle early. WOWS should be receiving the unsporting conduct title because the loading window just stayed on screen for well over 5 minutes. Was unable to leave the queue as that option had been greyed out. I suspected there was a problem when the background sound suddenly dropped out at about the 2 minute mark. In the end I had to force quit to get out of the locked window.

I have also been having problems using the Armoury (as I mentioned in a post following the last update). Sometimes I manage to obtain a couple of items then the screen freezes and I have to hit escape to get back to the port window. If I try to open Armoury again it won't open at all and stays that way until the next day and some days I can't get it to open at all.

I thought they had finally sorted out the problems Mac users were having, but maybe not.

[CLAY]
1,627 posts
9,524 battles

When you say 3 game penalty, you just mean the warning phase? It’s annoying being labeled a team killer (which most people assume you are, even though this is no longer the sole reason), but A couple games in co op or even scenario's solves that.

But WG should still be able to tell the difference between deliberately leaving, and system issues.

And they break their own rules. I was in a co op battle with all bots yesterday, no players. I died, then exited, and all the bots on both teams surrendered, so was a draw. Why don’t WGs Bots get penalised like we do? They can do what they like and get away with it, including team killing. And no, I’m not being serious, I know WGs bots are just stupid and immune because it makes no sense to punish them.... Improve the programming of allied bots... maybe.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 3

62 posts
3,815 battles

Yes, it's just that I am labelled in pink for a misdemeanour, so it's no big deal really, but surely they should be able to tell if the player has been locked out because of a glitch in the system rather than anything done on purpose by the player.

Incidentally, I presume you meant 'WG should still be able to tell the difference . . ' rather than 'WG should still NOT be able to tell the difference . . '.

1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

When you say 3 game penalty, you just mean the warning phase? It’s annoying being labeled a team killer (which most people assume you are, even though this is no longer the sole reason), but A couple games in co op or even scenario's solves that.

But WG should still not be able to tell the difference between deliberately leaving, and system issues.

And they break their own rules. I was in a co op battle with all bots yesterday, no players. I died, then exited, and all the bots on both teams surrendered, so was a draw. Why don’t WGs Bots get penalised like we do? They can do what they like and get away with it, including team killing. And no, I’m not being serious, I know WGs bots are just stupid and immune because it makes no sense to punish them.... Improve the programming of allied bots... maybe.

[CLAY]
1,627 posts
9,524 battles
1 hour ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

Yes, it's just that I am labelled in pink for a misdemeanour, so it's no big deal really, but surely they should be able to tell if the player has been locked out because of a glitch in the system rather than anything done on purpose by the player.

Incidentally, I presume you meant 'WG should still be able to tell the difference . . ' rather than 'WG should still NOT be able to tell the difference . . '.

That I did, cheers.

[O7]
78 posts
13,175 battles

I usually just log off the computer, (not shutdown) and log back in and restart the game.  Hopefully I'm not dead when I get back in.  Maybe a couple of minutes, sometimes more.

Sign in to follow this