You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

That moment when.....

9 comments in this topic

[O7]
2,670 posts
17,680 battles

You go back over the patch notes miscellaneous info and realize planes no longer spot torps.

Now there's probably been 100's of players in games who told me that quite clearly by saying noob. I guess I just wasn't listening to their constructive team input.

Actually it wasn't in the patch notes.  https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-080-takeoff/

It was in this which came out over a week before the patch. https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/cv8-how-to-play/

Edited by keskparane

[KCSEA]
225 posts
6,506 battles
8 minutes ago, keskparane said:

You go back over the patch notes and realize planes no longer spot torps.

Now there's probably been 100's of players in games who told me that quite clearly by saying noob. I guess I just wasn't listening to their constructive team input.

Planes stopped spotting torps ever since Day 1 of CV Rework. 

This is one of the positive things that the rework did.

3,210 posts
6,822 battles
12 minutes ago, keskparane said:

You go back over the patch notes and realize planes no longer spot torps.

Really? Last time I checked, aircrafts can spot torpedoes, but only half as good as the ships. 2,5 km by ships becomes 1,25 km by aircrafts.

[O7]
2,670 posts
17,680 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Really? Last time I checked, aircrafts can spot torpedoes, but only half as good as the ships. 2,5 km by ships becomes 1,25 km by aircrafts.

I dunno atm. Clear as mud

3,210 posts
6,822 battles
3 minutes ago, keskparane said:

I dunno atm. Clear as mud

I think the CV squadrons cannot spot torps anymore, but Spotter Plane (the consumable) still can, but only half as effective.

[O7]
2,670 posts
17,680 battles

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Torpedoes

Deep Water Torpedoes

Spotting Aircraft (While active, a spotter plane circles the ship enhancing main battery firing range.) or Catapult Fighter (While active, a group of fighter planes circles the ship providing protection by attacking incoming enemy aircraft.) can spot torpedoes from the air as they orbit the ship.

There is more opportunity for the torpedoes to be spotted by other enemy ships or aircraft.

This is the only stuff I could find on wiki. Searched torpedoes, spotting, detection, consumables, and aircraft.

Edited by keskparane

[MRI]
2,334 posts
12,147 battles

That's why I have been saying that WoWs does a very poor job at teaching its players.

There is no in-game database, the wiki is volunteer run and not always up to date, important changes are buried under dozens of patchnotes or developer Q&As.

It is so easy to miss criticial information. It is ridiculous.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
4,636 battles

Spotting and/or Catapult plane can still spot Torps tho , but its still abit less effective cuz you dunno which torp they're coming like example your plane is orbiting left , the torps goes right. Some ppl nowadays in their certain BB Main took Vigilance.

Carrier planes cant.