Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
da189

idiot mm, do u know 'balance' mean?

17 comments in this topic

[HKENL]
196 posts
9,277 battles

A T5 battle,  team of rivals have 9 ranked players (i.e. T10 players ) but my side have 3 only.  what an unfair battle?

1014935707_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2019_12.03-22_58_02.thumb.jpg.74abbe0fcc0631cb06f73efc8635c7fe.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[SBY]
68 posts
1,465 battles

And? That proves what? Does that 'Ranked' Status immediately shows you're up against undefeateable unicums? I think it actually proves to you that your team are equal to a T10 veterans to be matched up with them in the very first place, correct?

Besides, they playing T5 instead of higher tiers proven to you that they somehow...prefer playing against what perceived to be lower skilled matchmaking, thus they are indirectly not up to the task?

And oh my, what a great game for your enemy. Did your team lemming' or somehow fallen apart?

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SMOKE]
905 posts
11,935 battles

1 CV, 2 DD, nothing too hard this game MM , yes your said situation is there but its not meaning anything wrong; anyone without a Rank there just mean they are not playing Ranked , does not automatically put them as anything inferior nor superior ... chill out and just fight another battle 

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

646 posts
2,771 battles

Lower-tier Ranked symbols can only prove that this said player has at least one T10 warship and has participated in this Ranked battle season.

For example, by no means I can call myself a "very experienced" player for higher tier gameplay: I have only acquired my first T10 ship, Hindenburg, not long before and personally speaking I have felt that she is very meh even in contrast with Hipper and Roon: though her firepower is impressive, she is too slow and clumsy for me. However with only Hindy and little experience of playing T10 battles before, I have climbed to R12 currently.

3 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Besides, they playing T5 instead of higher tiers proven to you that they somehow...prefer playing against what perceived to be lower skilled matchmaking, thus they are indirectly not up to the task?

I recall Wargaming wants us to play and repopulate mid tiers (except CVs since T4 games have been plagued with CV seal-clubbing for a while). Also Murmansk, though powercreeped indeed, is still a fun little ship to play. Just remember keep moving around and zigzagging constantly as your citadel sides are exposed and your bow can tank nothing, while your rudder shift is comparable to destroyers.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
4,636 battles

Bruh you got intimidated by just a mere High ranked  and/or special Emblem players?

Never in my life ive seen ppl got scared of a rank. Even if they are rank 4 - 1 they are nothing but just liability and illusion.

Just play another match little child.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

3,210 posts
6,822 battles

Unless they are in Premier League (Rank 5 and up) or in top ranked clans, those symbols mean very little.

4 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Never in my life ive seen ppl got scared of a rank.

I have but not to this level.

• Boring 1

[TLS]
2,381 posts
17,927 battles

Having a 'good' ranking does not necessarily mean you know how to play well. I have seen supposedly 'good' ranked players making questionable tactical decisions. 

[BLESS]
738 posts
7,698 battles

No one is above rank 10, and trust me it's pretty easy to get to rank 10.

I'm glad WG fixed MM to assign divisions equally between teams, but I am not in favor of skill-based MM as it would seriously crush my WR.

[CLAY]
1,627 posts
9,524 battles

I agree with @Rina_Pon, It’s easy enough to get to rank 10, it’s not really a display of great skill.

Thing with ranked, everyone who even plays 1game of ranked for the current season will have a rank beside them. The only requirements of ranked is having a T10 ship, and a certain level on your service record.

Neither of those requirements are hard to get, taking more persistence rather than skill. And If you’ve seen some of the people in T10, you realise that just getting to T10 does not make you a skilled player. You can mostly get there due to luck. I know, I’ve done it a few times. My skill peters out at rank 10 though cause I lack the skills to carry or top the score consistently.

The only real difference between a person who has a rank and a person who doesn’t, is that the person who doesn’t hasn’t played a game of ranked, he may or may not have a T10, he may be skilled and not care about ranked.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,617 posts
13 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The only real difference between a person who has a rank and a person who doesn’t, is that the person who doesn’t hasn’t played a game of ranked, he may or may not have a T10, he may be skilled and not care about ranked.

tenor.gif?itemid=15083672

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FORCE]
619 posts
9,421 battles

Rank means nothing. I've seen some Rank 1 players during Sprint season, and they dropped dead by some non-Rank players.

Edit:

The shown rank is only for the current season. Everyone's rank will be reset on next season.

Edited by Sir_Feather

[AN-DO]
482 posts
8,407 battles
28 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Rank means nothing. I've seen some Rank 1 players during Sprint season, and they dropped dead by some non-Rank players.

Edit:

The shown rank is only for the current season. Everyone's rank will be reset on next season.

Sprint rank doesn't count

15 posts
2,891 battles

Owning a high tier ships does not mean that they are also experienced in low tier ships from other natons. Maybe these ranked players are climbing the tech tree. Personally, I think the matching system and machanic are acceptable. The balance problem actually exists in  certain ships and lanes, where we can obviously see some are too strong while some are too weak.

• Cool 2

[SALT]
1,546 posts
9,407 battles
9 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I'm glad WG fixed MM to assign divisions equally between teams, but I am not in favor of skill-based MM as it would seriously crush my WR.

Bracket matchmaking is better

which a match would have mixed of diffrent skilled player divided in diffrent skill bracked, and each side have mirror number player in each bracked.

if your team have 2 newb, enemy would have 2 too.

some Modern Moba games use this, when handling (notfull) party - solo queue. 

in Doto they used to display MMR score, and both team overall MMR was always roughly evenly matched - even if you Solo or in party of 2

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
2,381 posts
17,927 battles
51 minutes ago, humusz said:

Bracket matchmaking is better

which a match would have mixed of diffrent skilled player divided in diffrent skill bracked, and each side have mirror number player in each bracked.

if your team have 2 newb, enemy would have 2 too.

some Modern Moba games use this, when handling (notfull) party - solo queue. 

in Doto they used to display MMR score, and both team overall MMR was always roughly evenly matched - even if you Solo or in party of 2

^ This is a good idea. Still a variation of skill-based MM, but not to the pure extreme of proper EPL/FA division system. 

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
718 posts
5,722 battles

Next battle, 9 ranked player on your team and you still lose.

Sign in to follow this