Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SidTheKnife

Has the Mogami been nerfed?

9 comments in this topic

75 posts
2,030 battles

I'm curious to know how folks are getting on with their Mogami fire starting.

Yesterday I played a match in it where I hit 139 times, and started 4 fires. Today I just landed 61 hits, and started 1 fire.

I am using the 155mm guns with fire flags and a Captain with IFHE and Demo Expert. Apparently I have  9% chance of fires.

5 fires from 200 hits seems a bit less than 9%.  (2.5%)

Have other folks also notice the lack of fires from this ship?

• Bad 1

75 posts
2,030 battles
11 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

RNG says no, it happenes

Well, I just got 5 fires from 39 hits, so I guess you must be right.

3,210 posts
6,822 battles

Watch How It Works series of guide videos by on WG's Youtube. The fire chance on the stat sheet is when the enemy ship has 100% chance to start fire. Ships in the game don't have that high of a number. There are captain skills and signals that reduce the chance of the ship catching fire.

So 9% in the sheet may translate to below 1% in battle.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 4

75 posts
2,030 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Watch How It Works series of guide videos by on WG's Youtube. The fire chance on the stat sheet is when the enemy ship has 100% chance to start fire. Ships in the game don't have that high of a number. There are captain skills and signals that reduce the chance of the ship catching fire.

I see. Thanks!

[SALT]
1,546 posts
9,407 battles

Every ship tier have unique burn coeficient. For example TX Kremlin with full fire reduction build have max 54.9% fire resistence, while T9 izumo have 49%.

For rough calculation, actual fire chance was displayed chance divided by resistance. 9% chance actual value is just like 4%

[BLESS]
738 posts
7,698 battles

Mogami and the other IJN cruisers got nerfed. It was indirect and mostly happened when they changed the concealment captain skill a few patches back, reducing the effect on BBs from 15% to only 10% detection rad. reduction. Most players now spec. their BBs with fireproof as their first 4 pt captain skill, CE is more often kept as an option for later. In addition the CV rework has overall increased the chance of fire/flooding on BBs, so in general "survivability builds" for BBs are more popular now than this time last year. Combined, you tend to see fewer fires and less fire damage than before.

You could also make the argument that with the introduction of SAP-throwing Italian cruisers into the game, Mogami as a DD counter has been significantly powercrept.

And you could also make the argument that with the introduction of Russian BBs with their high penetration and extremely narrow bounce angle AP shells have significantly reduced the viability of open-water kiting, which is the IJN CA bread-and-butter damage-farmer stance. The ability of Kremlin, in particular, to delete T8-10 IJN cruisers from any angle and pretty much any distance under 15 km, and the fact that finding a Kremlin is now guaranteed in Ranked/CB definitely reduces the fun factor of Mogami and sisters Zao and Ibuki. Atago still seems to work because it's physically so much smaller a target.

And finally with CVs much more common the stealth advantage, the primary "gimmick" of the line, is made null.

Good thing we got the dispersion buff last year is all I can say.

[LBAS]
2,427 posts
12,140 battles

Oh look, its this guy that baits everyone, i know i wouldn't bite but please don't bait these types of OP but never replies.

3,210 posts
6,822 battles
7 hours ago, Paladinum said:

To simplify:

Each shell has its own chance of causing fire.

Each ship has her own chance of being lit on fire/set ablaze/caught fire, etc.

Those 2 'numbers' meet and calculate their chance of my shells setting enemy ships on fire.

I hate RNG.

Sign in to follow this