Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxxGr1ffinxxX

Black Friday

26 comments in this topic

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles

The black ships are back :Smile_great:

I already have Tirpitz, normal though.

Yes, i know different people enjoy different ships, but anyway

what are you favorite ships of the pack? Good credit grinder, good captain trainer, xp/free xp earner?

oh and just to let everyone know, I know the parameters of basically all the ships. Thanks for explaining her gun armament, torpedo armament, etc, its not being rude, its saving your breath

would love to hear everyones thoughts

[FORCE]
619 posts
9,421 battles

Personally speaking, Scharnhorst is good at farming in Narai.

No idea about the other Black ships. Sims may be good if you like US DDs.

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
996 posts
8,995 battles

I love the Sims, although I don't play it much anymore.  It's actually a really good ship to learn DD's on.  The concealment is poor, so you have to have to learn tactics like assisting friendly DD's, and how to combat DD's with better concealment with you.  This is very valuable for DD play.  The guns are good in close range, and this teaches you how to use low velocity guns and when to fire or break off.  The torps are great too, fire down torp lanes on c/d, and you can pump out a lot of them.  Just like Black torps, they are superb at area denial.  It's also incredibly maneuverable, and quite small, so it's a hard to hit ship.

I quite like the GZ too, but it's only an average ship.  Fast planes are very fun, and the ship is all about rapid cycling of attacks combined with plane conservation.

• Cool 1

52 posts
2,481 battles

How about showing the pressies we get in the crates? I got this one today, my son who also plays WOWS got the Alaska B 

20191129084455_1.thumb.jpg.460f24835cf0a8f2877d0f2cf4c10924.jpg

• Cool 1

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
20 hours ago, lunsmann said:

How about showing the pressies we get in the crates? I got this one today, my son who also plays WOWS got the Alaska B 

20191129084455_1.thumb.jpg.460f24835cf0a8f2877d0f2cf4c10924.jpg

Yeah I seen the crates, and I looked at it. Like there’s a 4/9 chance to get a ship in each crate. Maybe I can buy the crates, however in 8.11 they’ll have missions for the crates.

and also (not tryna be weird) how olds ya son?

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
21 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I love the Sims, although I don't play it much anymore.  It's actually a really good ship to learn DD's on.  The concealment is poor, so you have to have to learn tactics like assisting friendly DD's, and how to combat DD's with better concealment with you.  This is very valuable for DD play.  The guns are good in close range, and this teaches you how to use low velocity guns and when to fire or break off.  The torps are great too, fire down torp lanes on c/d, and you can pump out a lot of them.  Just like Black torps, they are superb at area denial.  It's also incredibly maneuverable, and quite small, so it's a hard to hit ship.

I quite like the GZ too, but it's only an average ship.  Fast planes are very fun, and the ship is all about rapid cycling of attacks combined with plane conservation.

Yeah I haven’t ever played USN dds but they seem pretty good. I’m used to having big concealment (RU dd’s) but not slow shell velocities, and fast firing guns. Will definitely have a look into her tho 

The GZ was what I wanted pre-cv rework, it was a beast, but then she was removed, and released again with the cv rework and she’s just not the same anymore. Still, VERY fast planes (225+ knots? Or km/h)

Small squadrons tho, and a pretty poor 2 bomb payload, but these are german AP bombs. 

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
23 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Personally speaking, Scharnhorst is good at farming in Narai.

No idea about the other Black ships. Sims may be good if you like US DDs.

Lol, how efficient is farming missions? I never really do it.

and I know shiny horse is a cruisers nightmare. 287mm guns with a 18 second reload. VERY scary against light cruisers with 16mm deck armour (most of the cruisers)

[FORCE]
619 posts
9,421 battles
8 minutes ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

Lol, how efficient is farming missions? I never really do it.

and I know shiny horse is a cruisers nightmare. 287mm guns with a 18 second reload. VERY scary against light cruisers with 16mm deck armour (most of the cruisers)

Scharnhorst is the easiest ship to play at Narai. The secondaries can reach almost 8 km with full secondary build (AFT + Secondary Mod). The ship is also fast  (second only to Gneisenau) despite how well-armored she is. And of course the torpedoes are the icing on the cake which makes duelling against the real battleships like Missouri in the Operations much easier.

shot-19_05_23_18_23.26-0087.thumb.jpg.c389475e7ac0bce98f537bba2bc10f7d.jpg

This one was my highest damage record. But I had no credit & exp boosters. It could have made at least 1 million credits and +20k exp if I had them.

• Cool 1

48 posts
2,345 battles

Got myself Alaska because she was added to Steam, and will get Atago before the event is over.

On Narai with flags you can easily make 20K EXP and 10K FXP even if you're as bad as I am, so it's very much worth it.

646 posts
2,771 battles
13 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Scharnhorst is the easiest ship to play at Narai. The secondaries can reach almost 8 km with full secondary build (AFT + Secondary Mod). The ship is also fast  (second only to Gneisenau) despite how well-armored she is. And of course the torpedoes are the icing on the cake which makes duelling against the real battleships like Missouri in the Operations much easier.

shot-19_05_23_18_23.26-0087.thumb.jpg.c389475e7ac0bce98f537bba2bc10f7d.jpg

This one was my highest damage record. But I had no credit & exp boosters. It could have made at least 1 million credits and +20k exp if I had them.

Also, despite her guns are some of the smallest among all battleships in game, they have good handling, one of the fastest RoF among battleships, and both the amount of an salvo and the reload help to offset the German dispersion even with a secondaries build. And in Operation Narai, almost all combat happen within 12-km and that is also very favourable for Scharny. Even though the overmatch rule still works, a point-blank salvo would neglect any armour scheme or AP shell performance.

By the way how to play Gneisenau well in Narai? I chose her over Lyon but her stock status is rather disappointing. Or should I skip the stock hull?

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
619 posts
9,421 battles
8 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

By the way how to play Gneisenau well in Narai? I chose her over Lyon but her stock status is rather disappointing. Or should I skip the stock hull?

Gneisenau is actually the hardest tech tree battleships to play in Narai. The lacking amount of guns which are also inaccurate is probably the thing that makes her difficult. Maximized secondary range may help a bit. And I'm not sure if skipping the stock hull will make her easier to play, the only major difference is the extra hp pool. Personally I find Lyon easier despite the odd main gun placement. The only problem Lyon has is the small hp pool.

52 posts
2,481 battles
23 hours ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

Yeah I seen the crates, and I looked at it. Like there’s a 4/9 chance to get a ship in each crate. Maybe I can buy the crates, however in 8.11 they’ll have missions for the crates.

and also (not tryna be weird) how olds ya son?

Son is 21. Doesn't play WOWS anywhere as much as I do even though he started over a year ago. He has a few friends who he plays the NA server with and me on the Asia server. Sometimes, I prefer going alone, sometimes I division with him when he wants to do boats.

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
6 hours ago, lunsmann said:

Son is 21. Doesn't play WOWS anywhere as much as I do even though he started over a year ago. He has a few friends who he plays the NA server with and me on the Asia server. Sometimes, I prefer going alone, sometimes I division with him when he wants to do boats.

Aww yee I see. Well fair enough. Weegee loves to make balans ships all the community. So not playing as much is understandable :Smile_teethhappy:

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
On 11/30/2019 at 2:20 PM, Sir_Feather said:

Scharnhorst is the easiest ship to play at Narai. The secondaries can reach almost 8 km with full secondary build (AFT + Secondary Mod).

15 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Also, despite her guns are some of the smallest among all battleships in game, they have good handling, one of the fastest RoF among battleships, and both the amount of an salvo and the reload help to offset the German dispersion even with a secondaries build. And in Operation Narai, almost all combat happen within 12-km and that is also very favourable for Scharny. Even though the overmatch rule still works, a point-blank salvo would neglect any armour scheme or AP shell performance.

19 hours ago, Oriental_Empress said:

Got myself Alaska because she was added to Steam, and will get Atago before the event is over.

On Narai with flags you can easily make 20K EXP and 10K FXP even if you're as bad as I am, so it's very much worth it.

Ooh, so what I’m hearing is that Scharny is a pretty good choice. 

Not neglecting any of the other ships though. I’ve been watching a few GZ replays and she seems very strong. TROLL secondary specs. 

Aand asashio is very powerful, both from watching her in games AND personal experience (Stock hull Izumo with 26sec rudder shift ain’t very good)

thank you all for the opinions. Helping me narrow down the choices!

5,416 posts
22,325 battles
1 hour ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

Ooh, so what I’m hearing is that Scharny is a pretty good choice. 

Not neglecting any of the other ships though. I’ve been watching a few GZ replays and she seems very strong. TROLL secondary specs. 

Aand asashio is very powerful, both from watching her in games AND personal experience (Stock hull Izumo with 26sec rudder shift ain’t very good)

thank you all for the opinions. Helping me narrow down the choices!

scharn is a good niche ship and very fun to play

graf zep is bad, crippling bad

asashino might not be the ship your team needs 80% of the time, but when the stars align you can make some monster plays

personally for me the best options to get this event is either a alaska or a massa, massa is stong in most situations and alaksa is a very solid ship that needs a LOT of either grinding or money to get, if you are willing to splurge a bit but want a good discount now is a good time to get her.

as for income, the best ships are the highest tier ones and the ones that output consistent damage, so in the pack i would say alaska>>atago=massa>scharn

if you are a DD main sims also have a pretty big XP multiplier

Edited by drakon233

646 posts
2,771 battles
14 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Gneisenau is actually the hardest tech tree battleships to play in Narai. The lacking amount of guns which are also inaccurate is probably the thing that makes her difficult. Maximized secondary range may help a bit. And I'm not sure if skipping the stock hull will make her easier to play, the only major difference is the extra hp pool. Personally I find Lyon easier despite the odd main gun placement. The only problem Lyon has is the small hp pool.

I purchased Lyon and took her out for a spin this night to take advantage of the current 100% victory XP bonus after making another credit grind with my Nelson and Lazo.

Her 16-gun broadside devastates Wyoming, Iron Duke and Emile Bertin and even an HE salvo is rather annoying. However the gun placement is indeed tricky and I was sunk at the entrance of the bay by the two guarding destroyers as the stock hull's rudder shift is flat horrible at 20s and her guns traverse rather slowly. The team continued and performed wonderfully, scored 5 stars at the end.

Both ships would become much better when I can purchase their respective upgrade hulls. Increase of HP pools aside, around 15s of rudder shift is much better.

• Cool 1

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
On 11/30/2019 at 2:20 PM, Sir_Feather said:

.shot-19_05_23_18_23.26-0087.thumb.jpg.c389475e7ac0bce98f537bba2bc10f7d.jpg

Oh wow, now I see

image.jpg

• Cool 2

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
11 hours ago, PGM991 said:

so eager to spending money huh... =w=

You know it:cat_bubble:

[FORCE]
619 posts
9,421 battles
9 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I purchased Lyon and took her out for a spin this night to take advantage of the current 100% victory XP bonus after making another credit grind with my Nelson and Lazo.

Her 16-gun broadside devastates Wyoming, Iron Duke and Emile Bertin and even an HE salvo is rather annoying. However the gun placement is indeed tricky and I was sunk at the entrance of the bay by the two guarding destroyers as the stock hull's rudder shift is flat horrible at 20s and her guns traverse rather slowly. The team continued and performed wonderfully, scored 5 stars at the end.

Both ships would become much better when I can purchase their respective upgrade hulls. Increase of HP pools aside, around 15s of rudder shift is much better.

Lyon also has decent secondaries that are second only to Gneisenau & Scharnhorst. But yes both ships will perform better with their hull B.

4 hours ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

Oh wow, now I see

image.jpg

Enjoy the ride!

[EE09]
85 posts
621 battles

I bought 3 2019 crates with dubbloons.

1) Graf Zeppelin (Won't play her in Random as I am a newbie at CV)

2) 1250 Dubs

3) Sims B (Got her theough the dubs earned in previous crate.)

These ships aren't really up my street, as I was hoping for Scharnhorst or Alaska. But I am willing to learn US DD play.

• Cool 1

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
21 hours ago, PanJin21 said:

2) 1250 Dubs

These ships aren't really up my street, as I was hoping for Scharnhorst or Alaska. But I am willing to learn US DD play.

Wow not bad. I grinded all the missions for the free crates and... nothing special at all.

lucky man, I’d say hold off from playing GZ for a while, and learn play styles from the sims to transfer that knowledge to other ship lines. I remember getting the tirpitz back in t6, I was so confused, everyone was really good. Then I learnt, and now I’m pretty good

52 posts
2,481 battles

I got the GZ last night from a crate, took her out in co-op and wow, do the planes get shredded fast. It's especially hard to get anything when the AI bunch up in a tight knot on a map choke point. A full squadron of torpedo bombers shredded before launching a single torp into that choke point, and that's with flying over the mountains to minimise exposure to the AA.

My only other CV is the Langley, and I haven't taken her out on a date for ages, no point with MM lately (often 2/3 of the ships in the queue are CV's).

PanJin21, put some economics flags on the GZ and throw her into co-op, it's a good way to learn the basics. Even when doing poorly (like just 7 rocket hits all match) I still manage to make a small profit of 3000 credits (premium time of course). Have fun.

Edited by lunsmann
spelling

[ODY]
1 post
10,283 battles
On 12/2/2019 at 12:03 PM, PanJin21 said:

2) 1250 Dubs

I bought three boxes and completed the missions so that's 13 boxes total.

All I got was 500 doubloons; 1-day of premium, bunch of camo and free XP that I don't really need.

One of the boxes cost me @50 doubloons so in the end all I got was 250 doubloons and a day of premium.

Very disappointed. With 13 boxes I though I would get at least one ship.

52 posts
2,481 battles

The premium crates have a much higher chance of dropping a ship. The other drops are also much better as well, 14 days premium, 35,000 FXP, 1250 doubloons and camos 10 x type 59 and 20 x the other camo. I bought 10 premium 2019 crates and got 2 ships.

Sign in to follow this