You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SidTheKnife

Cowards in Battle

57 comments in this topic

75 posts
2,030 battles

It is a pity that cowardly play cannot be attributed to players who always hang back and let others engage first.

Perhaps we could have  register of how long it takes players to move forward, to fire their guns, and to take damage.

It is quite amazing how many players sit well back, letting others take the brunt of enemy fire. I hope this will be different on the NA server.

• Funny 4

746 posts
19,634 battles
54 minutes ago, SidTheKnife said:

It is a pity that cowardly play cannot be attributed to players who always hang back and let others engage first.

Perhaps we could have  register of how long it takes players to move forward, to fire their guns, and to take damage.

It is quite amazing how many players sit well back, letting others take the brunt of enemy fire. I hope this will be different on the NA server.

A good player knows not to make themselves the priority target. I can't speak for your situation, but not getting shot at is a skill in and of itself.

• Cool 7

[AN-DO]
750 posts
11,035 battles

I think you just need to chill out a bit, all your posts are negative, if that's the only way you can see things then everything will be negative. If you are frustrated and not enjoying the game then take a break. nobody is forcing you to play WoWS.

• Cool 4

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,802 posts
28,909 battles

funny thing is, most of the time someone calls the team "cowardly", it's because a said player Leeroy Jenkin'd into half the enemy fleet and got monged down

food for thought

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

75 posts
2,030 battles
47 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

I think you just need to chill out a bit, all your posts are negative, if that's the only way you can see things then everything will be negative. If you are frustrated and not enjoying the game then take a break. nobody is forcing you to play WoWS.

Well that is a very negative thing to write.

I think that if I am not enjoying the game, I will stop playing it. Nobody is forcing me to play it.

How do you know that "all my posts" are negative?

Are you a stalker?

Creepy.

Here is a piece of advice.

Don't comment on this thread. Don't stalk me.

Nobody is forcing you to comment, and your comment is highly negative. 

Edited by SidTheKnife
  • Cool 1

75 posts
2,030 battles

I am noticing a theme in the responses.

I think the "point" of this game is to let others go first, and then farm the stats.

I thought that might be the case. 

The random battle is obviously open to exploitation by folks who like to take sly advantage over others. I will check out the NA server, but otherwise I think i am done with random battles.

The mechanic seems to reward cowardice.

Edited by SidTheKnife

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,126 battles
13 minutes ago, SidTheKnife said:

Bye hope you enjoy in NA~

Your post pretty much fits in NA

oops 

• Funny 5

75 posts
2,030 battles
4 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

Bye hope you enjoy in NA~

Your post pretty much fits in NA

oops 

I hope I enjoy the NA server, too. I'm told the US player base punishes weak tea. 

I am done with 3 CVs and no DDs. It is too predictable.

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles
30 minutes ago, SidTheKnife said:

Are you a stalker?

Creepy.

You post them on a public platform. That's like asking "how did you know I like orange?" when you post a lot of topic about orange moments ago on FB/Instagram.

5 minutes ago, SidTheKnife said:

I hope I enjoy the NA server, too. I'm told the US player base punishes weak tea. 

Until you realize the unicums are migrants from Asia server. Even the top clans in NA is dominated by them.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

75 posts
2,030 battles
3 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Until you realize the unicums are migrants from Asia server. Even the top clans in NA is dominated by them.

Don't harsh the buzz, dude. The negative police will git ya. 

I choose to believe in the NA migration thing.

It's manifest destiny.

A-MER-Ricah!

Edited by SidTheKnife
  • Funny 2

[KNCOL]
384 posts
7,395 battles
38 minutes ago, SidTheKnife said:

Are you a stalker?

Creepy.

Gee, almost as if all your recent threads and comments are positive?

• Funny 3

[KNCOL]
384 posts
7,395 battles
Just now, SidTheKnife said:

Don't harsh the buzz, dude. The negative police will git ya. 

I choose to believe in the NA migration thing.

It's manifest destiny.

A-MER-Ricah!

Considering your stats, yeah, you'll definitely fit there.

• Funny 1

75 posts
2,030 battles
20 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Considering your stats, yeah, you'll definitely fit there.

How to get good "stats":

1. Wait at the start of each battle. Others will advance, and they will get attacked first, and will deal damage.

2. Do not enter the battle until the first wave of your own guys is down, and the enemy are weak. Now move forward and get easy kills.

3. Play for the clock. If you can't farm damage from weaker enemies, run away and run down the clock.

Now, I am not saying folks ought not behave like this. It is what it is. The mechanics of random battles and stats reward this kind of treacherous conduct. if 'stats' are why you play, treachery and cowardice are the way forward. Heck, you can even imagine that you are clever for working it out. Why not?

This is exactly why I suggest having "cowardice" stats. The game could, if it wanted to, measure how timid folks are, and whether you would want to go to war with them.

Timid play and farming stats is one thing. The game could be another thing. But that would require different metrics.

• Cool 2

5,903 posts
9,743 battles

"Even though I know what to do (quit the game/move to NA), why it's bad (various mechanics in the game) and who to blame (WG), I will still post "definitely positive" threads about the game, in ASIA forum. When people call me out and try to counter my arguments, I call them "that class of people", or when I post my threads in a public place, expressing my negative feelings (somewhat justified), I call them "stalkers", "creepy" if they say that my threads are just that (my threads are just that), because name calling is what polite and normal people always do."

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
3,311 posts
14,398 battles

Depends what ship you're playing, what ships enemy has, deployment of both your and enemy fleet, and a lot of other variables.

Simple facts though.

1.You can't help team if you're dead.

2. Getting shot at is No. 1 cause of dying in this game.

3. There is significantly less chance of getting shot at if they can't see you.

I won't deny that there are those in this game that hang back and could rightfully be called cowards, but as someone who has played a lot in a T8 cruiser in a T10 battle, I know the value of not getting shot at first.

Depending on how many enemies are on your flank, and where you get spotted and if you are in range, you could find 4+ enemy ships firing at you if you allow yourself to be seen early, this is one of the biggest causes of death for DDs. The first ship sighted is always focused.

Ideally, the first ship both sighted, and within shooting range of the enemy, should be something which can take getting shot at, a BB with good frontal armour, CA or CL at distance with good manoeuvrability, or DD with the same. Something to force the enemy to fire, breaking their stealth, and giving the allies something to shoot at, forcing the enemy to think twice and be a fit more careful with their advance, and taking pressure off the first ship which was shot at. Ideally, you want the enemy to keep switching fire between you and your allies, so going undetected for a bit can help that, nothing more annoying than reloading to fire at a CL, only for them to disappear, and then fire and reappear after you unloaded into the bows of the very visible battleship.

Of course, I haven't seen what exactly you've been seeing, so I can't judge, as I said, there are people who stay at long range. I've been playing T8 heavy cruisers lately, so I usually hang around 15km+ from enemy BB line(depending on map and team, if I can push alongside other cruisers and BBs, I will) until late in the battle, and make sure I'm not shot at first, because having 4+ ships firing at me at the same time is not the secret to a long life when playing a T8 cruiser.

And then there's the most awesome technique known as kiting, nothing funnier that running while firing and luring enemy back towards your fleet while slowly chipping at his life and making yourself an utter pain to hit.

… I forgot the point of this post...

Eh, I suppose the title of this post may as well be "Look Closer: Cowardice or Advanced Tactics? You Decide."

• Cool 3

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,802 posts
28,909 battles

2 hours ago, SidTheKnife said:

It's manifest destiny.

you mean the migrants killing off all the locals, stealing the land and resources and proclaiming their superiority over everyone else?

wont worry, the 1st wave of rerolls have already done that

5,903 posts
9,743 battles
18 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

you mean the migrants killing off all the locals, stealing the land and resources and proclaiming their superiority over everyone else?

Why are you talking about the Caucasian's conquest of the America continent?

Edited by Paladinum

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,802 posts
28,909 battles
22 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Why are you talking about the Caucasian's conquest of the America continent?

at the risk of /whoosh, this

5,903 posts
9,743 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

at the risk of /whoosh, this

Ah yes, the classic 'Murican self-centeredness. I blame their British heritage.

[SMOKE]
2,653 posts
18,422 battles

unfortunately the OP do got a point, playing DD I've seen too many BB, CA, Super Cruisers all right from start sail back lane, keep asking others to go when they will not themselves, not only do they only sit back there farming, they do not support, do not tank the team, do not defend any Area, do not even deny enemy CAP, when they ask, they ask others to go so they can easy farm from the back when those up front suffers . I know Brawling is tough but when these guns choose not to brawl they also had no right to ask others to and certainly when I keep seeing guns that do something like that I feel like no passion to support any of them and neither do I had the urge to go kill myself charging either ..

But one must ask why ... and the answer is simple .. no one want to get shot at .. and as the above threads shown people are looking for others to expose the enemy so they can be the one shooting others , not the one being shot at, nothing wrong with that but whose going to go expose the enemy and what about supporting that vanguard .. sorry not seeing that today .. with that whoever only sitting back and sniping is by intention or co-incidence a Coward to the up front ships and teammates as all they see is fellow teammate who only use them as fire bait and meat shield when they can casually farm . It does not help also that most back lane sniping player had a bad habit of just focusing their fire on the east target instead of the tactically important one ; and that also is a mechanism that simply reward the bad play instead of the good one .. if you fire and suppress enemy Radar and force them to back track you help the up front vanguards but to do so you likely had to spend loads of shells and with only minimal numbers of hits , where if you shoot at their slow lumbering BB you can score hits and deal damage and be rewarded but tactically you left the vanguard un-supported and likely doomed them to death by not suppressing the enemy fire up front

And it do not help with another Cowardly behavior often seen in game , unwillingness to tank ; it manifest in situation where many would ran off, ran back and just dash for cover as soon as any incoming enemy fire is around , this leave the front, the flank and the up front vanguard basically exposed and yet garner even more hate between those who do push and those who simply would not ; I cannot speak for others but playing CL and DD mainly I often than not seen too may of these Cowardly behaviors

And not to speak of those who intentionally would not go with the team , ever seen Radar Cruiser who sit like 15KM from the Area ,( and he even use the Radar there ) ; BB who only sit behind the furthest island at the back , Super Cruiser who would not even engage enemy CA ... its all too common today

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 4

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,513 posts
12,136 battles

Since I have been enlightened by the OP as to the correct way to play the game, I have now worked out that the bravest players in the game are actually those random battle bots that charge the centre of the map.  Bravo bots, I will never complain about you again, little did I know you were the elite of this game!

On another note, I was saddened by so many of our Asia server friends moving to NA.  However, at least I can now think of one positive.

Oh, and I suddenly realised that these forums definitely need a 'facepalm' feedback emote.

• Funny 4

[LBAS]
2,130 posts
3,796 battles

The best way to increase stat is playing cowardly, this also guarantee higher win rate and more damage deal.

What is wrong with playing cowardly?

Instead of making strategy againts them people go complain....

People complain about the stale of the match yet refuse to play CV or get high tier French DD. 

Want to YOLO but noob?

CV can attack from anywhere.... Anytime.... Just got CV already!

Oh, are you look for more thrilling action? Get French DD, just gun and run NO HIDE NO SURRENDER. But here is the specialtyof French DD, THEY PUNISH CAmper team. Their Torpedo are insane fast undodgeable and very fast reload too!

Also IJN CV is sux and not fun to play, Go for Lancaster Carpet Bombing for maximum meme.

• Funny 3

[MRI]
3,878 posts
17,123 battles
40 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Oh, and I suddenly realised that these forums definitely need a 'facepalm' feedback emote.

Either that or this :Smile_amazed: emote.

I notice the NA forums had that emote for quite a while already, but not ours. This server is really dead. :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 3

[AN-DO]
750 posts
11,035 battles
6 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I've been hoping for that for ages

5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Either that or this :Smile_amazed: emote.

I notice the NA forums had that emote for quite a while already, but not ours. This server is really dead. :Smile-_tongue:

I noticed that, if they have it there surely it must be easy to implement here. I think we need both, confused and facepalm, and an increased daily limit