You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxxGr1ffinxxX

Harekaze

19 comments in this topic

107 posts
3,118 battles

Yes, this is the 2nd time i've posted in 2 days, oh well

SO i believe i have enough moneyz (thank you minumum wage job, very cool) for the HAREKAZE! I've heard nothing but great from this thing, i know how she works, and she sounds like my cup of tea

should i just say f**k it and buy it, and ignore mum bitching at me for spending all my money, or wait for my next pay day (monday) BUT i dont think she'll be around for long, will i have enough time

Thanks again

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
405 posts
7,531 battles
3 hours ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

Yes, this is the 2nd time i've posted in 2 days, oh well

SO i believe i have enough moneyz (thank you minumum wage job, very cool) for the HAREKAZE! I've heard nothing but great from this thing, i know how she works, and she sounds like my cup of tea

should i just say f**k it and buy it, and ignore mum bitching at me for spending all my money, or wait for my next pay day (monday) BUT i dont think she'll be around for long, will i have enough time

Thanks again

Buy her asap. She goes away this Friday.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,826 posts
12,763 battles

Yeah pick her up ASAP, she's a rare bird who is amazing!

107 posts
3,118 battles
9 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

AAAHHHH i better have enough

[CLAY]
3,452 posts
14,731 battles

Well, if you’re going to buy a ship at some point regardless, go Harekaze now.

But you’re the only one who can decide what you want to do with your hard earned money.

107 posts
3,118 battles
9 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

ah no ah f**k i dont have enough oh no. i've got 2 days to sort it out aahhhhhh:Smile_izmena:

[NFB]
1,338 posts
17,171 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

But you’re the only one who can decide what you want to do with your hard earned money.

+1

[WAR99]
6 posts
4,805 battles
7 hours ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

ah no ah f**k i dont have enough oh no. i've got 2 days to sort it out aahhhhhh:Smile_izmena:

CREDIT!!

That's what I did

Edited by mrcasual

[AN-DO]
759 posts
11,085 battles
24 minutes ago, SidTheKnife said:

Why do folks like this ship so much? Genuinely curious.

because of its multiple hull/gun choices it has lots of different play styles and setups. It can play like a conventional IJN torpedo boat or a hybrid gunboat. The most common setup has the same turrets as the Akizuki though you only get 3, it makes up for this in being able to get its detection range down to 5.4km, so you can easy outspot anything that can outgun you. and you can outgun everything else. the guns are also dual purpose so you can do a lot of damage to planes and generally not be bothered by CVs

• Cool 3

[MRI]
3,963 posts
17,531 battles

Get the Harekaze! Go hungry for a while if you need to!

Just joking, at the end of the day it is just a pixel ship. Don't buy it if you think it is out of your price range.

56 minutes ago, SidTheKnife said:

Why do folks like this ship so much? Genuinely curious.

What Blauflamme said. The most common setup is basically Akizuki guns on a Kagerou hull, so you get 3x2 100mm guns and 2x4 torpedo launchers. It combines the good points of both ships. The ship is a very good IJN DD captain trainer for that reason, you can train both the main branch and the sub branch with it.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,842 posts
14,615 battles

Curious, is the 127mm / 54 good? (Other than only having 3 guns instead of 6.)
Do you also get american rate of fire?

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,026 posts
6,904 battles
On 11/27/2019 at 4:12 AM, S4pp3R said:

Yeah pick her up ASAP, she's a rare bird who is amazing!

I bought Harekaze when ARP collab with wows lmao.

[MRI]
3,963 posts
17,531 battles
41 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Nope.

You get 4s reload as opposed to the US DD standard of 3.3s. And with only 3 guns your total dps is actually one of the lowest at Tier 8, ever since the IJN 127mm guns got their HE buff. Compared to the 100mm guns, the 127mm/54 option has better turret traverse, better fire chance and decent AP dps. Apart from that there is no reason to take the 127mm/54 over the 100mm guns, especially after the IJN 100mm pen buff.

That is why I have been hoping for a slight rof buff for the 127mm/54 guns on the Harekaze. At least buff it to the USN standard of 3.3s reload.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,026 posts
6,904 battles
58 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Lmao that is a gun from Midway's Secondaries. Very lol gun actually.

Use Akizuki gun instead.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,842 posts
14,615 battles
3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Nope.

You get 4s reload as opposed to the US DD standard of 3.3s. And with only 3 guns your total dps is actually one of the lowest at Tier 8, ever since the IJN 127mm guns got their HE buff. Compared to the 100mm guns, the 127mm/54 option has better turret traverse, better fire chance and decent AP dps. Apart from that there is no reason to take the 127mm/54 over the 100mm guns, especially after the IJN 100mm pen buff.

That is why I have been hoping for a slight rof buff for the 127mm/54 guns on the Harekaze. At least buff it to the USN standard of 3.3s reload.

Aww, they buffed the IJN weaponry but did not buff the USN weaponry. Thank you for the info 🙂

3 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Lmao that is a gun from Midway's Secondaries. Very lol gun actually.

Use Akizuki gun instead.

I just got my Akizuki and still cashed strapped for upgrades. Will let her out for a spin in co-op once half-price upgrade is available. Thanks for the advice. 🙂

Although I dont have Harakaze yet, I seem to like her armament flexibility. (Unless Graf Spee gets a 2 x 2 380 mm option :Smile_hiding:)

Midway guns are really that bad huh. 😞 And I was rooting for the Harakaze with 127 mm / 54. A mix of American guns and Japanese torpedo.

I'm sad, they could have mounted Montana 127 mm and have reload of 4 sec. But I'm sure those turrets are just too big for IJN ships.

Thyaliad's suggestion for the Midway 127 mm 3.3 sec buff really needs to happen. Otherwise, 127 mm / 54 will just rust in storage.

Thanks for the input @LawrenceXVIII and @Thyaliad . Very much appreciate your advice. 👍👍👍 (3 thumbs up)

Edited by S0und_Theif

1,744 posts
8,812 battles

288051998_webwxgetmsgimg(12).thumb.png.765e3f58e8c04510a18c495fc414fd3b.png

An interesting picture grabbed from a post discussing what on earth is the Hayate from the NA Forum. "Famous and Historical" Harekaze.

[MRI]
3,963 posts
17,531 battles
10 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

288051998_webwxgetmsgimg(12).thumb.png.765e3f58e8c04510a18c495fc414fd3b.png

An interesting picture grabbed from a post discussing what on earth is the Hayate from the NA Forum. "Famous and Historical" Harekaze.

Interesting. What is that gap in the middle?

1,744 posts
8,812 battles
2 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Interesting. What is that gap in the middle?

A pair of "Y-gun" depth charge throwers according to the caption.