Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

We Need More Dark Maps

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,391
Member
5,887 posts
9,740 battles

Bright sky hurts my eyes. I want the darkness.

 

We need no maps that aren't Ocean. I hate mountains and all forms of terrain cover.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[TLS]
Member
4,960 posts
21,498 battles
19 minutes ago, spixys said:

I like the mystical squares at the chat log >> sky.:Smile_hiding:

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][]

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,650
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,066 posts
14,026 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Bright sky hurts my eyes. I want the darkness

And bright sky is somewhat ridiculous to begin with. I mean with so many ships that emit enough air pollution to make the environmentalists angry, the sky can't be that bright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
865
[SMOKE]
Member
2,641 posts
18,372 battles

A night fight in Two Brothers would be very interesting but there is no real night fight mechanism implemented yet except for that scenario ( which is now unavailable any way )

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,650
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,066 posts
14,026 battles
24 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

A night fight in Two Brothers would be very interesting but there is no real night fight mechanism implemented yet except for that scenario ( which is now unavailable any way )

Ahh yes the Cherry Blossom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,741
[-CAT-]
Member
3,546 posts
14,003 battles
15 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Ahh yes the Cherry Blossom.

The only 2 operation I have yet to play. Cherry Blossom and Hermes. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[TLS]
Member
4,960 posts
21,498 battles

And sneaking around. And stupid players trying to fight 3 zaos. Oh I remembered one such idiot. I stopped firing and reconcealed while the 3 zaos focused fired him to death. Who am I to stop him if he is insistent on having a death wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,479
[MRI]
Member
3,867 posts
17,110 battles
18 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Ahh yes the Cherry Blossom.

Even then it fell short of my expectations. I expected usable searchlights and starshells. In the end we only got the latter,  and it was the enemy using them.

The first night operation and WG makes it an Allies-only operation with boring radar instead of making an IJN-centric night battle (which the Japanese were known for).

You had one job WG! How did you stuff that up!? :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,650
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,066 posts
14,026 battles
3 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

The first night operation and WG makes it an Allies-only operation with boring radar instead of making an IJN-centric night battle (which the Japanese were known for).

WG could have made an operation based on the Battle of Guadalcanal for the IJN/Axis side which took place before the Cherry Blossom/Battle of Empress Augusta Bay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,391
Member
5,887 posts
9,740 battles
19 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Even then it fell short of my expectations. I expected usable searchlights and starshells. In the end we only got the latter,  and it was the enemy using them.

The first night operation and WG makes it an Allies-only operation with boring radar instead of making an IJN-centric night battle (which the Japanese were known for).

You had one job WG! How did you stuff that up!? :Smile_sceptic:

Chery Blossom was kinda boring, thanks to radar, like you said. Nowhere dark enough. No star shell and no search light. Axis ships not allowed. Axis ships not allowed.

 

AXIS SHIPS

NOT

ALLOWED

 

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[-CAT-]
Member
518 posts
10,728 battles

IMO, night battle on regular maps looks like an interesting new challenge. Especally if they introduce new mechanism of search light or flare/star shell into the battle. And also a new detectability mechanism of fire on the ship when in night battle can also be considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,021
[OAKUM]
Member
2,133 posts
17,485 battles
On 11/22/2019 at 7:50 PM, Sir_Feather said:

And bright sky is somewhat ridiculous to begin with. I mean with so many ships that emit enough air pollution to make the environmentalists angry, the sky can't be that bright.

This is actually true, & it effected both fleets in the battle of Jutland in 1916...

 

Ordrazz 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×