Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

We Need More Dark Maps

16 comments in this topic

4,866 posts
8,859 battles

Bright sky hurts my eyes. I want the darkness.

We need no maps that aren't Ocean. I hate mountains and all forms of terrain cover.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
4,187 posts
20,354 battles
19 minutes ago, spixys said:

I like the mystical squares at the chat log >> sky.:Smile_hiding:

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][]

• Funny 2

[FORCE]
2,433 posts
12,277 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Bright sky hurts my eyes. I want the darkness

And bright sky is somewhat ridiculous to begin with. I mean with so many ships that emit enough air pollution to make the environmentalists angry, the sky can't be that bright.

[SMOKE]
2,020 posts
16,216 battles

A night fight in Two Brothers would be very interesting but there is no real night fight mechanism implemented yet except for that scenario ( which is now unavailable any way )

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,433 posts
12,277 battles
24 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

A night fight in Two Brothers would be very interesting but there is no real night fight mechanism implemented yet except for that scenario ( which is now unavailable any way )

Ahh yes the Cherry Blossom.

[-CAT-]
2,460 posts
11,553 battles
15 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

The only 2 operation I have yet to play. Cherry Blossom and Hermes. 😞

[TLS]
4,187 posts
20,354 battles

And sneaking around. And stupid players trying to fight 3 zaos. Oh I remembered one such idiot. I stopped firing and reconcealed while the 3 zaos focused fired him to death. Who am I to stop him if he is insistent on having a death wish.

[MRI]
3,602 posts
15,476 battles
18 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Even then it fell short of my expectations. I expected usable searchlights and starshells. In the end we only got the latter,  and it was the enemy using them.

The first night operation and WG makes it an Allies-only operation with boring radar instead of making an IJN-centric night battle (which the Japanese were known for).

You had one job WG! How did you stuff that up!? :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,433 posts
12,277 battles
3 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

The first night operation and WG makes it an Allies-only operation with boring radar instead of making an IJN-centric night battle (which the Japanese were known for).

WG could have made an operation based on the Battle of Guadalcanal for the IJN/Axis side which took place before the Cherry Blossom/Battle of Empress Augusta Bay.

4,866 posts
8,859 battles
19 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Even then it fell short of my expectations. I expected usable searchlights and starshells. In the end we only got the latter,  and it was the enemy using them.

You had one job WG! How did you stuff that up!? :Smile_sceptic:

Chery Blossom was kinda boring, thanks to radar, like you said. Nowhere dark enough. No star shell and no search light. Axis ships not allowed. Axis ships not allowed.

AXIS SHIPS

NOT

ALLOWED

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 3

[-NZ-]
371 posts
9,183 battles

IMO, night battle on regular maps looks like an interesting new challenge. Especally if they introduce new mechanism of search light or flare/star shell into the battle. And also a new detectability mechanism of fire on the ship when in night battle can also be considered.

[OAKUM]
2,112 posts
16,243 battles
On 11/22/2019 at 7:50 PM, Sir_Feather said:

And bright sky is somewhat ridiculous to begin with. I mean with so many ships that emit enough air pollution to make the environmentalists angry, the sky can't be that bright.

This is actually true, & it effected both fleets in the battle of Jutland in 1916...

Ordrazz 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this