You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Taipan17

Social Wolves

19 comments in this topic

[TF44]
[TF44]
287 posts
18,895 battles

Hi All,

Max and I set up Social Wolves together at the start of the year. The idea is to have a gathering place for players who want to do Operations.

I wish Max all the best with his move to the NA Server. :cap_like:

Social Wolves will continue on the APAC server.

Social Wolves is for all. Players are from all over the APAC region. The only requirements are to be able to communicate in English and follow a couple of rules to share the damage gained from each Operation played.

Given the bugs in the in-game chat, we have a Discord server. Invite: https://discord.gg/ZFCrtar

Note that I have to assign you a role so PM me when you join the Social Wolves Discord.

I apologize to the current members, I have been a bit busy with my clan and IRL obligations. I will be on Social Wolves more often.

Cheers Taipan

• Cool 7

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,657 battles

Thanks Taipan.

I figured Social Wolves would still be around, but I was meaning to ask about it’s future.

As all my grindable ships are now T8 plus, I Haven’t been too focused on operations outside of daily missions.

But buying and sailing high tier ships takes a lot of credits, so I’ll usually be available if online.

And ops on premium ships are very useful for grinding captains.

P.S. It’s also fun to hang with you guys.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 2

[AN-DO]
677 posts
9,970 battles

I can also be found in the in-game chat channel or messaged on discord for ops or random divs. I tend to be online earlier than most of the rest of the wolfpack

Beta Tester
360 posts
7,460 battles

I'll have an alt here mainly for catching up with the SWs from time to time in ops. 

[FERAL]
33 posts
4,555 battles

Do you guys welcome noobs? I have maybe played operations twice, so don’t really know the positioning and most efficient way to run them but am more then willing to learn.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,657 battles
13 minutes ago, Deacon_Frost said:

Do you guys welcome noobs? I have maybe played operations twice, so don’t really know the positioning and most efficient way to run them but am more then willing to learn.

Anyone willing to listen and learn is welcome.

We’re always happy to accept and teach new players, because that enriches the player base for all.

• Cool 5

[AN-DO]
677 posts
9,970 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

We’re always happy to accept and teach new players, because that enriches the player base for all.

I just want to say that was well said, if only more players had that attitude.

• Cool 2

[BLIST]
Beta Tester
53 posts
10,074 battles
On 11/23/2019 at 3:40 PM, blauflamme22 said:

As @blauflamme22 said, if only more players had that attitude.

As we know most of the player is raging and blaming the team or his own Division mate instead helping them become a better player.

• Cool 4

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,099 posts
20,471 battles
2 hours ago, I_401 said:

As we know most of the player is raging and blaming the team or his own Division mate instead helping them become a better player.

Between my 2,000th and 9,000th random battles, I too had this attitude of blaming my own team for losing. Maybe not my division mate though. 

I now have 12,000+ battles. When I go on a losing streak, I feel nothing. Just the nature of the game.

These days, the result of the game doesn't matter to me. If I had my spotting and done my damage, I had done my job and played well, and the result of the game was out of my hands from the very beginning. 

Edited by LordTyphoon
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,060 battles

A quick bump for this.

I came back from NA and doing Social Wolves things again.

Hope to be on this arvo/evening and hope some other Social Wolves are on so we can get some Newport success.

Reminder: all friendly folk who want to work as a team for the benefit of all are welcome.

Don't care if you are terrible and/or don't know the ops, come learn with us and have fun. Just watch in game chat is all we ask.

The focus is on social enjoyment of the game but we also aim for 5 stars.

Seriously, all are welcome, don't be shy.

@Taipan17 and I coordinate when need be but plenty of other people in the group will start/run a div if need be.

Not a clan, just a group of like minded players.

Edited by Max_Battle
  • Cool 3

[TLS]
4,236 posts
20,377 battles

Recently I have been playing my CVs while eating an apple waiting for the planes to arrive during ops. Such a boring flight to the targets. No inflight entertainment on the planes. 

Also, playing together with us guarantees you a 5 star return rate of above 80% depending on the operations involved. Even if you perform abysmally, you will still get much more guaranteed high XP returns because of the 5 star returns rates than if you gambled on randoms.

• Cool 3

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,657 battles
7 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Recently I have been playing my CVs while eating an apple waiting for the planes to arrive during ops. Such a boring flight to the targets. No inflight entertainment on the planes. 

Also, playing together with us guarantees you a 5 star return rate of above 80% depending on the operations involved. Even if you perform abysmally, you will still get much more guaranteed high XP returns because of the 5 star returns rates than if you gambled on randoms.

And even a loss is better, because you probably had fun playing (most losses with the wolves are either because you were trying to 5 man it and got unlucky, or people died because you were spending too much time typing funny comments), and everyone will share tips and strategies for improving and winning next time.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,060 battles

You can also do a manual search for "Social Wolves" custom channel in game.

It's just a bit dodgy is all.

But you may sometimes see people speaking up in that channel asking if any divs are running. 

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,060 battles

This is still a thing.

It ebbs and flows, people come and go but we still do this.

The last couple of nights (late Australian time) we have had full teams doing Narai.

We were a bit bummed when Narai was off the list and still bummed at its rewards nerf but we still do it.

@dejiko_nyo has timed us doing various Ops and when we do it smoothly, it's the fastest one to do.

Anyway, we try for 5 stars but we aren't elitist jerks and if we dip out on a star from time to time its no biggee.

TL:DR? BUMP!

😛

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,988 posts
52 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

This is still a thing.

It ebbs and flows, people come and go but we still do this.

The last couple of nights (late Australian time) we have had full teams doing Narai.

We were a bit bummed when Narai was off the list and still bummed at its rewards nerf but we still do it.

@dejiko_nyo has timed us doing various Ops and when we do it smoothly, it's the fastest one to do.

Anyway, we try for 5 stars but we aren't elitist jerks and if we dip out on a star from time to time its no biggee.

TL:DR? BUMP!

😛

tenor.gif?itemid=17338622

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,060 battles
8 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

tenor.gif?itemid=17338622

It's either necro or make duplicate thread.

cateye.gif

[151ST]
2,650 posts
10,487 battles

We had a clan event for scenarios last night...

Hardest is Newport, but we ran it a couple of times to get a couple of our newbies 5-stars...

Back on topic... Highly recommend Social Wolves for those seeing this thread, good bunch of folks

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1