Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AnExtremelyWeakPlayer

Russian Destoryer Destoryers Need Buff

11 comments in this topic

88 posts
5,927 battles

As more and more ships with high velocity shells join the game, I can feel that it become more difficult for Russian gun destoryers to survive and deal damage at 14 km. In the recent battle, I can hardly see any Russian gun destoryers except for me. They need some buff to their fire range or mobility.  

[AN-DO]
676 posts
9,962 battles

you will find at T9 that the gun range is more than enough and at T10 you become a very tanky little boat. I think they are ok at the moment. They are just a very specific play-style and it takes time and experience to get used to their strengths and weaknesses. The both lines can be both frustrating and fun to play. you just have to realise that not all battles will have the situations and conditions for you to excel. Also the other T10 Grozovoi is very competitive and a great all-rounder. 

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,654 battles

If any Russian ship needs buffs to be competitive, it stands a high chance of being buffed. The same can not be said of other nations.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,335 posts
11,162 battles
9 hours ago, AnExtremelyWeakPlayer said:

As more and more ships with high velocity shells join the game, I can feel that it become more difficult for Russian gun destoryers to survive and deal damage at 14 km. In the recent battle, I can hardly see any Russian gun destoryers except for me. They need some buff to their fire range or mobility.  

I get the impression you're talking about the Khaba line.  Most of the line is quite well balanced, and they received some significant buffs not too long ago.  Tashkent is a superb ship, and the best in the line.  The main problem is Khaba, which is very poor, and straight up worse than Tashkent.  It doesn't have enough range, it has poor maneuverability for a ship designed around dodge tanking, it's torps are a non-event, and worst of all it can take full BB AP pens (basically a DD citadel).  There is absolutely no reason to take Khaba out, especially now Kleber is in the game.

• Cool 3

88 posts
5,927 battles

The gun destoryer line used to be a characteristic line. Laying at is the top is Khabarovsk, an unique 'light cruiser' with high speed and thick plating. However, all its advantages  do not remain in the current environment. Now there are plenty of cruisers with 305 mm guns or 203 sap which can penetrate the armor of Khabarovsk and deal significant damage on each hit. In addition, the popularity of russian battleships worsens the situation as well since they are able to accurately throw powerful ap shell at close range targets.

[TLS]
4,218 posts
20,371 battles

Khaba and Haru "escaped" the AP DD buff a few patches ago "because of their high HP pool". Khaba's replacement, the Kleber suffers from no such demerit. The problem now is wg is tweaking mechanics here and there while at the same time ADDING new mechanics that affect and break the older mechanics. 

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,335 posts
11,162 battles
On 11/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

Khaba and Haru "escaped" the AP DD buff a few patches ago "because of their high HP pool"

I never really got this.  Why do a blanket change and then excuse two ships, especially when one of those ships is blatantly underpowered already?

Khaba and Harugumo are such easy targets now - whenever I'm in a BB I just wait for them to angle and more often than not the DD citadels come.  They are easy and reliable to achieve.  Why do these two ships deserve this treatment?

I'm struggling to think of any other time they've done a blanket mechanic change (think stealth fire removal, smoke fire change etc), and just randomly decided to not apply the mechanic to an individual ship.  Surely if they had some balance issues with the ships, they could have just rebalanced them in other ways...

• Cool 2

[SMOKE]
2,043 posts
16,262 battles

Agree, , they should not exclude those 2 DD from the AP mechanism change .. and seriously while they might have high HP pool among DD , they are still minuscule among guns and they are gun boats alright , and both basically no longer take the mantle of a Fast Destroyer Leader / no armor CL role ... you had the French DD which also had 139mm guns and also fast torp .. in fact most old timer DD tech line ships simply need buff to made them stay within the game ... let's not just talk T10, how many think the T9 Soviet DD are anywhere competitive, and even T8 Kiev ( Ogney is a rare beast among the Soviets )

[STMP]
107 posts
10,750 battles

Ship                  Khabarovsk  -----------------------------   Kleber
Range      11.2km stock (top 13.5) =  13.5km stock
Speed                                    43 kts   =   44kts
(top)                                     48.7kts  =   55kts
Rudder Shift Time                 11.1s  =   4.2s
Concealment (top)               7.9km =   7km
Torpedo                         53kts/6km =  75kts/8km  [so khaba has shorter torp range than detect 2 km ...]

(What about test ship Paolo Emilio? = Khaba but everything are better)

Edited by NineKunG_TH

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,050 battles
On 11/30/2019 at 9:16 PM, SidTheKnife said:

4 km for tier V torps on a DD is hard to enjoy.

Just sayin.

If you can't enjoy 4km torps at T5, never get the T7 Minsk DD then....  :Smile-_tongue:

Sign in to follow this