You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gummilicious

Soo who is still staying in the SEA server?

172 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
1,823 posts
10,149 battles

*standing next to rail switch*

I SWEAR it wasn’t me this time.

• Funny 1

[TLS]
2,894 posts
18,232 battles

It's not about bot accounts now. It's more about people afraid to take risks and and scratch their shiny bb. Did I say bb? I meant bb. Wait. BB? Definately BB.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[AMPOL]
27 posts
6 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a bot.  I used to see them quite a bit, but definitely none recently.

The WG devs said two months ago that they had a botting problem on the Asia server, but they banned a heap of accounts, and since then the number of bots reduced massively.

Here's the quote (from Sub_Octavian, WoWS Q&A 23):

"With the help of the players, we started to actively suspend and ban suspicious bot/zero-effort accounts a few months ago. There are a couple of guys in the team who dedicate part of their time to this task. If you come across something suspicious don't be shy and report it to CS or drop it to my PM. It should be passed along for checking.

Also, some numbers: after we updated our workflow, we went from 250 suspicious players in weekly audience to 5-10 on ASIA, and ASIA, from what I see, had the worst issue with it. Other servers dropped to nearly zero."

That's absolutely laughable, the influx of Chinese bots over the past 6 weeks is ridiculous. Not to mention there is plenty of numbered names out there that are clearly bots.

[HMAS_]
2,000 posts
13,869 battles
1 hour ago, Iridium_au said:

Not to mention there is plenty of numbered names out there that are clearly bots.

I'm not 100% certain, but does steam versions of WOWS let players have custom names, or does it just assign numbers to a name, or just numbers to people who don't or can't think of a name ??? (someone who uses steam version please let us know...)

:fish_book:

That's what I've heard anyway, dunno how true it is.... I have come across numbered players who were definitely people...

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
9,273 battles
1 hour ago, Iridium_au said:

That's absolutely laughable, the influx of Chinese bots over the past 6 weeks is ridiculous. Not to mention there is plenty of numbered names out there that are clearly bots.

I certainly haven't seen any bots.  The numbered names thing doesn't mean a bot either, I believe that is (please someone with local knowledge correct me if I'm wrong) just people using their student number as their player account, which is a common thing in some Asian countries.  I've certainly seen plenty of people with fully numbered names play adequately, and even well in some cases.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
9,273 battles
3 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

How do people even know there's bots in matches?

In my experience bots do a couple of different things.  One is they will sit as if AFK, and then as soon as they take damage they will start sailing forward and firing their guns at nothing.  The second I have seen is the one that goes full ahead at the start without using the rudder, and then when they are shot at they fire their guns at nothing.  There may be others, but these are the ones I have noticed.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
796 posts
7,863 battles
5 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

How do people even know there's bots in matches?

The bots do not maneuver. I had several matches in co-op and random with the same pattern.

In one game, I was maneuvering for a bow tank, the "bot" player in my team not only rammed me for 3 minutes, it kept ramming me without slowing down. He also kept shooting at my ship and the enemy ship I was shooting until he went pink, and killed himself due to penalty.

Both team laughed and reported the player. Sadly we lost the game.

@Moggytwo In your case, they are AFK for one minute before they start moving? I "suspect" that they are loading the illegal script during the game and fool WG ppl that they are using "mods" rather than flag as illegal program.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[NLG]
186 posts
4,183 battles
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

In my experience bots do a couple of different things.  One is they will sit as if AFK, and then as soon as they take damage they will start sailing forward and firing their guns at nothing.  The second I have seen is the one that goes full ahead at the start without using the rudder, and then when they are shot at they fire their guns at nothing.  There may be others, but these are the ones I have noticed.

I think there are far more bots or farmers, or whatever they're called, if you try to pay attention to some of them. The key is that they lack even a basic level of awareness on something that should be super obvious.

Example 1: A BB sailing around near the back and firing its guns. Then it rams into another friendly BB's side, that was sitting in its path and both become locked down for over 5mins until one of them got shot down.

Example 2: An area has been completely wiped of enemy ships, all the friendly ships had since moved on towards the rest of the enemy on the other side of the map. There are no enemies left remotely nearby, but the BB continues sailing around the edge of the map oblivious to its surroundings.

The bot follows a predetermined path and will just fire its guns, although idk if it will try to shoot at any actual target, while completely disregarding anything else.

In that sense, I wouldn't be surprised if there are over 1,000 bots because you think they're just special players until 1 of their flaws become apparent.

Edited by Verytis

[AN-DO]
517 posts
8,644 battles
7 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

@Moggytwo In your case, they are AFK for one minute before they start moving? I "suspect" that they are loading the illegal script during the game and fool WG ppl that they are using "mods" rather than flag as illegal program.

I'v seen this style a few times, it can take half the game with the boat just sitting there, even spotted it does nothing, but the second you shoot it and it takes  damage it starts sailing forward firing.. I've also seen the ones that just sail straight ahead at the start, sometimes shooting sometimes not even that. And I have seen what @Verytis described where a ship just sails around the map in a big loop not shooting or if its a DD just firing of torps to nowhere every time they load. I can say though that I haven't seen much of this recently, maybe 5 games in the last few weeks.
That being said I wish WG would just add a "suspected bot" option to the reporting feature, so if enough people in a game report a bot it can go straight to support for review rather than somebody having to take the time to file a ticket and send a replay

• Cool 3

[MRI]
2,607 posts
12,744 battles
13 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

The numbered names thing doesn't mean a bot either, I believe that is (please someone with local knowledge correct me if I'm wrong) just people using their student number as their player account, which is a common thing in some Asian countries.

Hmmm certainly not in my country. No self-respecting person I know of would do something like that, unless it was part of a joke about how we are all just cogs in a machine of something. It is like using your social security number as your nickname. Why would you do that? Lack of imagination? No personal interests or heroes or idols? Just plain laziness perhaps?

I am more inclined to think that if they are not bots, they are probably account farmers or internet cafes.

8 hours ago, Verytis said:

Example 1: A BB sailing around near the back and firing its guns. Then it rams into another friendly BB's side, that was sitting in its path and both become locked down for over 5mins until one of them got shot down.

Example 2: An area has been completely wiped of enemy ships, all the friendly ships had since moved on towards the rest of the enemy on the other side of the map. There are no enemies left remotely nearby, but the BB continues sailing around the edge of the map oblivious to its surroundings. 

The second example is pretty common, especially in Coop. They would sail in a predetermined path and would shoot anything in range, but otherwise make no attempt to sail towards an enemy or a cap. I remember one game where the bot sailed in a wide circle around the map to the enemy spawn spawn (it was a standard battle). I could see (because I was dead) that the bot was tracking enemies with its guns, but it didn't move towards to the enemy cap, nor sail towards the enemy that was actually threatening to cap out and win the game. A human player would have either tried to cap or approach the enemy, and an afk player sailing on autopilot wouldn't be tracking enemies with their guns.

I have also seen instances where something would mess up the bot''s pathing (usually a collision with a  teammate) and cause it to get beached head first on an island and get stuck there because they do not know how to reverse, or slide along the map border despite there being no enemies in that half of the map. And no they are not players who had gone afk, because their guns still track the enemy.

1 hour ago, blauflamme22 said:

That being said I wish WG would just add a "suspected bot" option to the reporting feature, so if enough people in a game report a bot it can go straight to support for review rather than somebody having to take the time to file a ticket and send a replay

Iirc there used to such an option some time ago, but it was removed since then. I suspect salty players kept abusing it.

Edited by Thyaliad

78 posts
3,183 battles
15 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I'm not 100% certain, but does steam versions of WOWS let players have custom names, or does it just assign numbers to a name, or just numbers to people who don't or can't think of a name ??? (someone who uses steam version please let us know...)

:fish_book:

That's what I've heard anyway, dunno how true it is.... I have come across numbered players who were definitely people...

Ordrazz

Steam player here - I was assigned my steam user name, which is also my steam account name by default. I can't recall if I had the option to change it, as I always use this user name in online games.

1,169 posts

Even though I gonna move to NA, reading why some of you guys gonna stay makes me think the good points of staying. Oh well I guess we all have different taste on things.

13 posts
16,194 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Hmmm certainly not in my country. No self-respecting person I know of would do something like that, unless it was part of a joke about how we are all just cogs in a machine of something. It is like using your social security number as your nickname. Why would you do that? Lack of imagination? No personal interests or heroes or idols? Just plain laziness perhaps?

I am more inclined to think that if they are not bots, they are probably account farmers or internet cafes.

The second example is pretty common, especially in Coop. They would sail in a predetermined path and would shoot anything in range, but otherwise make no attempt to sail towards an enemy or a cap. I remember one game where the bot sailed in a wide circle around the map to the enemy spawn spawn (it was a standard battle). I could see (because I was dead) that the bot was tracking enemies with its guns, but it didn't move towards to the enemy cap, nor sail towards the enemy that was actually threatening to cap out and win the game. A human player would have either tried to cap or approach the enemy, and an afk player sailing on autopilot wouldn't be tracking enemies with their guns.

I have also seen instances where something would mess up the bot''s pathing (usually a collision with a  teammate) and cause it to get beached head first on an island and get stuck there because they do not know how to reverse, or slide along the map border despite there being no enemies in that half of the map. And no they are not players who had gone afk, because their guns still track the enemy.

Iirc there used to such an option some time ago, but it was removed since then. I suspect salty players kept abusing it.

Well, that numbered names were probably created via Tencent email (known as @qq#com)

Bots are for commercial purpose. Wows private server in China has suspended updating since 2 years ago while many players attented to switch to ASIA server.

When the bots achieve griding 4-5 Tier X ships(and with some exchanged coal ships or premium ships out of super container), they can be selled to those who want to start in ASIA server with less than us$100.

It caused very bad game experience especially when there were bot DDs in your team. However, WG did not pay much attention to this.

What I can do is to add them to my blacklist to remind myself that these "guys" are untrustable in case of meeting them again in future random battles.

[-CAT-]
796 posts
7,863 battles
8 hours ago, RisaFujiyama said:

Even though I gonna move to NA, reading why some of you guys gonna stay makes me think the good points of staying. Oh well I guess we all have different taste on things.

WG did give 30 days grace period for all players who tranferred servers.

So you can still transfer back within 30 days after you transfer servers.

1,169 posts
17 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

WG did give 30 days grace period for all players who tranferred servers.

So you can still transfer back within 30 days after you transfer servers.

Yeah i know, thats why I want to transfer and see first. Plus I got lot more friends over there to play with.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
796 posts
7,863 battles
9 minutes ago, RisaFujiyama said:

Yeah i know, thats why I want to transfer and see first. Plus I got lot more friends over there to play with.

Best of luck to you.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Modder
5,826 posts
34,864 battles
2 hours ago, RisaFujiyama said:

meow, u go

myon myon :etc_hide_turtle:

• Funny 1

[_BST_]
Beta Tester
230 posts
6,228 battles

I'm part of a good clan as simple as that. Because everything else is why I loathe this bestserver.jpg, lots of retarded noobs.

17 posts
9,522 battles

The CN_70 clan are a well-known BOT farming clan on the ASIA servers!

One reason why I'm moving to the NA server, I'm sick of the amount a BOT farming clans on the ASIA server.

Edited by JohnnyTooGood
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
5,520 posts
22,930 battles
12 minutes ago, JohnnyTooGood said:

The CN_70 clan are a well-known BOT farming clan on the ASIA servers!

One reason why I'm more to the NA server, I'm sick of the amount a BOT farming clans on the ASIA server.

an unfortunate side effect of the Chinese server dying, when a cesspool overflows, the shit has to go somewhere.

Edited by drakon233
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
2,894 posts
18,232 battles
21 hours ago, drakon233 said:

an unfortunate side effect of the Chinese server dying, when a cesspool overflows, the shit has to go somewhere.

Dear CN_70,

We are a poor farming community where the soil is bad and the crop yields are terrible. Look over there. The Vast Midwestern Prairie. Rich. Fertile. Full of Buffalo. There is better pickings. Go over to North America and stamp out your claim.

Regards,

wows Asia players.

• Funny 1