You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gummilicious

Soo who is still staying in the SEA server?

172 comments in this topic

475 posts
5,763 battles

Asia yesterday, Asia today, Asia forever:cap_haloween:

except for an account I have in NA with no battles in it which I use to follow Mouse and track salt

[AN-DO]
517 posts
8,644 battles
2 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Frankly, the whole 'more skilled server' claim that gets bandied about comes across as a self aggrandizing circle jerk. I've played over 500 battles on NA, including Clan Battles and along side guys like Dastert, probably the best WoWS player I've ever encountered, and it's a claim that only survives scrutiny at perhaps the top 1% of the player base. For the vast majority of players, it's the same there as it is here. Every server has potatoes... some even have bots. :Smile_trollface:

I think it's more a case of us just having a greater number of serious players here, the intensity and dedication of gamers from some parts of SEA is unmatched. Servers, like anything else are just large groups which brings with it the inherent groupism, so nothing really to get worked up over since every server and every group in the world experiences it.

What is noticeably different, other than the absence of a language barrier, is the play style. It is, generally speaking, more aggressive than you usually experience on SEA.

This gets mentioned a lot, and while I haven't played much on the NA server I have noticed in this latest season of clan battles that it is actually us moving more aggressively than the NA teams. In fact it is only the few times that we've stumbled into you BZ guys prowling about over there that we have faced similar levels of agression and found ourselves in a really challenging scrap.

It looks like Bravo Zulu will be leaving behind maybe three guys that don't wish to transfer and we respect their decision just like we respect anyone else who chooses to stay.

So when does the feeding frenzy start for these rare remaining English speaking players? :Smile_teethhappy: Maybe I'll get it started. Bex, if they are looking for a new home you can send the orphans of BZ my way and I'll find a place for them!

In the end though as you said, to each their own, we all have various reasons for leaving or staying, and as a remainer I wish all the best to those who are going. I hope you find a good community over there.

711 posts
19,634 battles
1 minute ago, blauflamme22 said:

I think it's more a case of us just having a greater number of serious players here, the intensity and dedication of gamers from some parts of SEA is unmatched. Servers, like anything else are just large groups which brings with it the inherent groupism, so nothing really to get worked up over since every server and every group in the world experiences it.

Well... if you go off statistics alone... according to WoWS numbers the top 10 clans on NA are significantly higher rated than the top 10 on SEA... despite that, this 'groupism' as you call it still exists. Cognitive dissonance amongst gamers perhaps? Not saying you're wrong of course, there's no way to really know, but I think you're onto something with the tribalism angle.

[CLAY]
1,823 posts
10,149 battles
5 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Frankly, the whole 'more skilled server' claim that gets bandied about comes across as a self aggrandizing circle jerk. I've played over 500 battles on NA, including Clan Battles and along side guys like Dastert, probably the best WoWS player I've ever encountered, and it's a claim that only survives scrutiny at perhaps the top 1% of the player base. For the vast majority of players, it's the same there as it is here. Every server has potatoes... some even have bots. :Smile_trollface:

What is noticeably different, other than the absence of a language barrier, is the play style. It is, generally speaking, more aggressive than you usually experience on SEA. That's just more entertaining to be a part of, it's a simple as that. Of course, the very noticeable decrease in the frequency of CVs is pretty attractive too. I don't hate CVs, I think they have a place in the game, but it's nice to get some games without them from time to time, too. Moreover, recruiting capable, English speaking players to your clan on SEA is a outright nightmare. We haven't even moved to NA yet and we've already got a new recruit for when we get there!

It looks like Bravo Zulu will be leaving behind maybe three guys that don't wish to transfer and we respect their decision just like we respect anyone else who chooses to stay. Each to their own, who am I to tell you what's best for you? I've enjoyed my 4 years here with you all and I'll certainly miss crossing swords with the guys at AUSNZ, 1AN-E, NAU, and all of the other good sports, but this is something my community and I have been wanting for a very long time and we're grabbing it with both hands. 

EDIT: It's worth remembering that if you do transfer to NA and aren't happy with your decision within 30 days WG will send you back to the SEA Gulag. You have literally nothing to lose.

I wish you and everyone else well. You’ve wanted this for a long time. Our community will certainly be less rich without you And everyone else around, but I respect you decision.

Everyone has their own reasons for staying or leaving, some make sense, some don’t, some are just rationalising, some just don’t want the effort of fitting into a new community, some don’t care etc... I respect everyone’s decision, regardless of what that decision is, and regardless of their reasons, you do not need to justify them to me, at least.

That said, and this feels weird for me to say, can we please keep this thread on topic? In the wake of many of our community picking up stakes, some of us who have chose to stay have felt a little left behind, maybe even a little attacked for our choice to stay (I accept this is mostly in my mind, I know people aren’t actually attacking me, but that doesn’t change my feelings of it... damn illogical feelings).

This thread has been a nice little safe space for those of us who choose to stay to remind ourselves that we are not alone, and our choice to stay is respected.

So, again, can we please stay on topic? There are plenty of other threads to talk about the move and the differences between the servers.

Thankyou.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
1,069 posts
3,992 battles

oh so we can transfer and come back within 30 days if ping or lag is too much?

also, does it mean my WoT account goes to say NA too?.

wows lag is ok on sea server, but wot lag is horrific often enough, Id hate to try tanks on the other side of the world.

711 posts
19,634 battles
5 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

oh so we can transfer and come back within 30 days if ping or lag is too much?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

also, does it mean my WoT account goes to say NA too?.

No.

[BLESS]
825 posts
8,150 battles

Gees I go away for two days and come back to this bombshell.

Had to skedaddle off to figure out what on earth this was about. FYI

Reading the "reasons you might want to transfer" none of them match my situation, so I'll stay in SEA.

Probably the biggest reason for staying, outside of the low pings, is simply the time zone. I usually play in the evenings, which would put me well out of prime time on any of the other regions.

I have no gripes with SEA. The meta is what it is, despite what you might think there are a lot of very good players here. The chat is certainly less toxic than NA. If only people would stop typing in square blocks we'd be golden.

• Cool 3

62 posts
6,678 battles
59 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

That said, and this feels weird for me to say, can we please keep this thread on topic? In the wake of many of our community picking up stakes, some of us who have chose to stay have felt a little left behind, maybe even a little attacked for our choice to stay (I accept this is mostly in my mind, I know people aren’t actually attacking me, but that doesn’t change my feelings of it... damn illogical feelings).

This thread has been a nice little safe space for those of us who choose to stay to remind ourselves that we are not alone, and our choice to stay is respected.

So, again, can we please stay on topic? There are plenty of other threads to talk about the move and the differences between the servers.

Thankyou.

Well said.  I'm off as I'd prefer to grind on NA and I know we've played a fair bunch of ops over the last year or so which has been fun when we all get together.  Everyone should always do what feels right for personal reasons.

I'm going to shift my alt account that has bugger all in NA currently to SEA just so I can do those ops with those that stay around on the Social Wolves.  So I don't think you'll be lonesome mate.  Names might just be a bit different.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
2,894 posts
18,239 battles
28 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

If only people would stop typing in square blocks we'd be golden.

This is an ancient technical problem that has existed since windows 2k (win98 too? For me, I experienced it first on 2k). It has something to do with the font set which lacks the CJK and the software interpreting the locale. Something like that. Windows refused to show Japanese characters unless you changed the locale and mirc refused to show Japanese characters properly unless the locale and appropriate fonts were used. To the credit of Microsoft. this issue with this extended CJK character set was mostly eliminated by Windows Vista and above, although you still have to set the locale to get the full IME functionality for CJK.  Wows is halfway there because if you set it to any CJK, you DO get full functionality but everything else is in moonrunes. I want things in English, but the ability to see moonrunes. It is all about implementation. 

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
5,520 posts
22,930 battles
40 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

This is an ancient technical problem that has existed since windows 2k (win98 too? For me, I experienced it first on 2k). It has something to do with the font set which lacks the CJK and the software interpreting the locale. Something like that. Windows refused to show Japanese characters unless you changed the locale and mirc refused to show Japanese characters properly unless the locale and appropriate fonts were used. To the credit of Microsoft. this issue with this extended CJK character set was mostly eliminated by Windows Vista and above, although you still have to set the locale to get the full IME functionality for CJK.  Wows is halfway there because if you set it to any CJK, you DO get full functionality but everything else is in moonrunes. I want things in English, but the ability to see moonrunes. It is all about implementation. 

this, this gets so annoying, espically when you are tyring to type in any non-phonics based languages on a normal QWERTY keyboard, it's literally guesswork in the case of moonrunes 

[REPOI]
5,520 posts
22,930 battles
4 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Well... if you go off statistics alone... according to WoWS numbers the top 10 clans on NA are significantly higher rated than the top 10 on SEA... despite that, this 'groupism' as you call it still exists. Cognitive dissonance amongst gamers perhaps? Not saying you're wrong of course, there's no way to really know, but I think you're onto something with the tribalism angle.

PR is skewered across regions since diffrent action/performances resulting from playstyles result in different inputs on the factors the PR calculator

and also, from both a casual/competitive standpoint, skillwise  ASIA>CIS>NA=EU

[TLS]
2,894 posts
18,239 battles
10 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

*cough*braggingrightsfromkotsconfirmsthecurrenthierachy*cough*

[REPOI]
5,520 posts
22,930 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

*cough*braggingrightsfromkotsconfirmsthecurrenthierachy*cough*

if a 2nd tier clan on asia who lucked out on MM and the top clan dropping out can beat RU, then anyone can

Edited by drakon233

711 posts
19,634 battles
35 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

PR is skewered across regions since diffrent action/performances resulting from playstyles result in different inputs on the factors the PR calculator

Sure, I’m not saying it’s the only metric to measure by, but the numbers are compelling enough that SEA players should be wary of their own confirmation biases.

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
6 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

42 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

Sure, I’m not saying it’s the only metric to measure by, but the numbers are compelling enough that SEA players should be wary of their own confirmation biases.

What you saw at the WoWs numbers are Clans data from playing at each own server right? Then you compared it side by side.

Not much i can say when i'm online alone at this clan.

[KNCOL]
264 posts
6,673 battles
7 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Sure NA may have higher rating top clans than SEA, but I can say that the average player's skill in Asia is higher than NA. 

• Boring 1

[LBAS]
1,452 posts

I can communicate english just fine

but the distance server is across the globe....

unless we have quantum entanglement connection I afraid increase in ping is inevitable.

so.... guess I'll stuck here.

[MRI]
2,607 posts
12,744 battles
6 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

The chat is certainly less toxic than NA. If only people would stop typing in square blocks we'd be golden.

Yeah the toxicity is one of the factors keeping me away from NA.

5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I want things in English, but the ability to see moonrunes.

Agreed. This may come as a surprise to WG but there are players who are multilingual. 

[-CAT-]
796 posts
7,863 battles
8 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Windows 95.

This should not be an issue in this era. What era are we now? The game was developed around 2012 (Windows Vista and 7 is out at that time). Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters are available in those OS. Unless they are still using Windows XP to develop the game (WoT).

I can tolerate the write function will be limited to 2 languages, but the read function should not be boxes.

@dejiko_nyo is right, this is not software issue, it is implementation issue.

Also up vote @dejiko_nyo suggestion on CJK implementation.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[REPOI]
5,520 posts
22,930 battles
6 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Sure NA may have higher rating top clans than SEA, but I can say that the average player's skill in Asia is higher than NA. 

actually, the top rated clan right now on NA is my clan's reroll :Smile_popcorn:

correction: it shouldnt be 2nd or 3rd now

Edited by drakon233
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[KNCOL]
264 posts
6,673 battles
15 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

actually, the top rated clan right now on NA is my clan's reroll :Smile_popcorn:

correction: it shouldnt be 2nd or 3rd now

Asia Stronk!! :cap_haloween:

• Boring 1