You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gummilicious

Soo who is still staying in the SEA server?

172 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
264 posts
6,673 battles

Btw forgot to say this, but I'm definitely staying here. I like the meta here, peak times are convenient, and Asia tends to get the weeb content first.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

3,572 posts
7,278 battles
42 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

PS. It is amusing the anti-cv crowd come from the place who have the mostest CV to bully other countries. How ironic.

I think the "America, eff yeah" crowd isn't as 'active' as the BBabies and the "remove CV" crowd.

BB mains: "Remove the invisible DDs"
DD mains: "Remove radar"
Anti-CV crowd: "Remove CVs"
(these crowds also use a certain... 'tumorous' medical condition to describe what they want to remove)

As a cruiser main, I don't think I even have a place there~

9 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Btw forgot to say this, but I'm definitely staying here. I like the meta here, peak times are convenient, and Asia tends to get the weeb content first.

Getting your priorities straight, huh?

Edited by Paladinum

[SGC]
Beta Tester
53 posts
9,775 battles

I'll still be here. My main problem is timezone to NA and EU is poor. 100ms is my max delay to other server however, is fine if you have a fast reaction. But yeah, I'll stay here.

• Cool 4

[NLG]
186 posts
4,183 battles

I want to play against people that know their roles, and everyone seems to agree this server is better skillwise.

I can only imagine the complete lack of awareness in NA if I can watch how 1 side throw themselves overboard literally in ASIA. You can't exert influence if the match is over in under 10mins.

Language barrier might prevent detailed planning, so everyone must play more conservatively. But a competent player is also more reliable. Even if they can't out trade the enemy, they're less likely to die suddenly.

Also a competent player that is interested in winning would naturally put some effort into coordinating with their team if practical. Just try pinging them.

[SMOKE]
1,095 posts
12,631 battles

Every Server had their own complains why even bother .. If I want to go NA I. would just create a new id there

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 3

[KNCOL]
264 posts
6,673 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

PS. It is amusing the anti-cv crowd come from the place who have the mostest CV to bully other countries. How ironic.

>NA players screech the most against CVs
>mfw USA won the Pacific theater thanks to CVs
>mfw NA players are just imitating Japanese "Decisive Battle" strategy in game and screech when CVs ruin their day

• Funny 1

[SPAR]
209 posts
5,414 battles

Despite how many times the SEA server has annoyed me with high ping, I'm still staying. Already have an NA account under a different name and I have no reason to go to EU.

Besides I only play PvE nowadays anyway. And after playing a few Operations on NA, I prefer SEA's relatively silent chat.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
781 posts
5,773 battles
10 分前、Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus の発言:

>NA players screech the most against CVs
>mfw USA won the Pacific theater thanks to CVs
>mfw NA players are just imitating Japanese "Decisive Battle" strategy in game and screech when CVs ruin their day

So NA players think like Japanese in interwar period!?

[TLS]
2,894 posts
18,232 battles
52 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I think the "America, eff yeah" crowd isn't as 'active' as the BBabies and the "remove CV" crowd.

Hence the irony.

[KNCOL]
264 posts
6,673 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Hence the irony.

Best thing I saw there is that "Remove CVs because they're a minority that harms the majority". 

Almost sounds like a certain mustache guy.

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles
3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm not going anywhere.  I quite like the Asia server, people tend to be much more polite and can actually discuss things in a mostly pleasant manner.  In game there isn't much trash talk or negativity as well.  Go read the NA forums and see what a disaster they are and that should give you an indication of what you would be getting into.  The standard of play here is widely acknowledged to be higher as well.

I know some of the native English speakers like us Aussies and Kiwis don't like the language barrier that can exist, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest, since I don't actually hold it against people if they don't speak my language, especially since I am sadly too ignorant to speak theirs.  There are plenty of people who understand English though, and for those that don't, F-key combos can usually get across everything I want to communicate.

I personally can't see a single benefit to going to NA, but I can see plenty of negatives, hence my decision to stay.

Thank you! I couldn't express it better :cap_like:

I'm definitely staying.

[TLS]
2,894 posts
18,232 battles
5 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Best thing I saw there is that "Remove CVs because they're a minority that harms the majority". 

Even more ironic especially when they preach the freedom flag and "demockery". Do they even think before they talk?

• Funny 1

[AUSNZ]
427 posts
20,201 battles

I see no reason to leave. I will be stuck with 3-4k population in my prime time playing in NA and still have Clan battles in SEA time as NA time is still Garbage.

[KNCOL]
264 posts
6,673 battles
16 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Even more ironic especially when they preach the freedom flag and "demockery". Do they even think before they talk?

Given their entitled nature, no.

• Funny 1

[MRI]
2,607 posts
12,744 battles
2 hours ago, spixys said:

So NA players think like Japanese in interwar period!?

At least the Japanese saw the use of CVs in wittling down the US fleet before their "Decisive Engagement". So they are even worse.

34 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

I am glad I am not the only who sees the similarity in rhetoric and mindset.

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

150 or 200ms ping is ok for me actually. And i can confirm that by played a few public test server games.

I did play a 3rd person shooting game at US server with HDSPA connection.

When i hit theirs, they're angry, idk why.

Something about Asian players with bad connection ruining their game, and F for their 3rd eye of lag perception.

I kept playing there until i finally bored. Oh gawd, i've got 3rd eye. Imagine how cool was that.

Back to the OP question,

I still be around, if i would play there, i'll make a new account. Not bother with transfer.

Even so, i'm too lazy to do that.

[KNCOL]
264 posts
6,673 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

I am glad I am not the only who sees the similarity in rhetoric and mindset.

I got banned in WoWS reddit for directly comparing the anti-CV crowd with them.

I find it amusing how blind they are to their own reasoning.

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

[TLS]
2,894 posts
18,232 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

I got banned in WoWS reddit for directly comparing the anti-CV crowd with them.

I find it amusing how blind they are to their own reasoning.

It is called hypocrisy.

[PHNAV]
142 posts

I am staying...being near gives me good Ping. And even if most often I see only box in the chat. 

I've tried the NA server for both WOT and WOW, not so good.

711 posts
19,634 battles

Frankly, the whole 'more skilled server' claim that gets bandied about comes across as a self aggrandizing circle jerk. I've played over 500 battles on NA, including Clan Battles and along side guys like Dastert, probably the best WoWS player I've ever encountered, and it's a claim that only survives scrutiny at perhaps the top 1% of the player base. For the vast majority of players, it's the same there as it is here. Every server has potatoes... some even have bots. :Smile_trollface:

What is noticeably different, other than the absence of a language barrier, is the play style. It is, generally speaking, more aggressive than you usually experience on SEA. That's just more entertaining to be a part of, it's a simple as that. Of course, the very noticeable decrease in the frequency of CVs is pretty attractive too. I don't hate CVs, I think they have a place in the game, but it's nice to get some games without them from time to time, too. Moreover, recruiting capable, English speaking players to your clan on SEA is a outright nightmare. We haven't even moved to NA yet and we've already got a new recruit for when we get there!

It looks like Bravo Zulu will be leaving behind maybe three guys that don't wish to transfer and we respect their decision just like we respect anyone else who chooses to stay. Each to their own, who am I to tell you what's best for you? I've enjoyed my 4 years here with you all and I'll certainly miss crossing swords with the guys at AUSNZ, 1AN-E, NAU, and all of the other good sports, but this is something my community and I have been wanting for a very long time and we're grabbing it with both hands. 

EDIT: It's worth remembering that if you do transfer to NA and aren't happy with your decision within 30 days WG will send you back to the SEA Gulag. You have literally nothing to lose.

Edited by Bex_o7
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2