You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gummiheng

Migration server is ON time for you to decide

67 comments in this topic

[KAMI]
1,547 posts
12,764 battles

Sooo

this link just surfaced for people wanting to migrate during certain period

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/server-transfer-offer/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/server-2-server/

This is a good news for some people who is longing  to transfer to other server

ASIA is not ready yet as of now but the link did state ASIA is going to happen too

Now happy aussies and new zealanders! time to decide

Edited by Gummilicious

[TLS]
4,203 posts
20,354 battles

Come, let all of us asia unicums on the server migrate to NA and make their lives miserable. :cap_haloween:

Also, China botfarmers, it is better pickings on NA. >_>

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,792 posts
13,924 battles

do I have to get a Visa?

• Funny 5

338 posts
6,754 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Come, let all of us asia unicums on the server migrate to NA and make their lives miserable. :cap_haloween:

Asia CV unicums.

So that NA will screech and howl more :cap_book:

[-CAT-]
2,482 posts
11,573 battles

Instead of migration, why can't WG just synchronize accounts?

Benefit:

You will have accounts on all 3 servers (except CIS).

Clans, you can join different clans on different regions.
You can create the same clan name as a clan commander (however it is better to have different clan name, so that you will not be confused on which server you are playing)

Have access to all 3 forums.

You keep your progress on all 3 servers. No seed for separate account.

You keep your IGN.

Limitation:

You can only play on 1 server in the duration of 24 hours. Your account will synchronize during the server reset. Which means what ever progress you have will reflect on the other servers after the reset. (Both ASIA and NA server resets the same time. EU server resets 8 hours later.)

Until we can play the game globally (a global server and no region restrictions / lock), this is what I would like WG to look into.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
2,837 posts
12,638 battles

Eh, I've grown accustomed to this meta, and my clan, and this forum.

Good luck to those who go, I might even miss your company.

… Hopefully some people will stay so I can talk to :P.

[TLS]
4,203 posts
20,354 battles
1 minute ago, S0und_Theif said:

Instead of migration, why can't WG just synchronize accounts?

I suspect one thing: the premium shop. Pricing may not be the same across locales. This means they cannot charge more in a particular region.

Also, the excuse "ping times".

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,837 posts
12,638 battles
48 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/server_transfer/

Asia version is up.

Also time to say goodbye to salty Aussies.

I'm not going anywhere. This salty barnacle is well and truly encrusted onto the hull of this old tub.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

[FORCE]
2,444 posts
12,284 battles
10 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

You can only play on 1 server in the duration of 24 hours. Your account will synchronize during the server reset. Which means what ever progress you have will reflect on the other servers after the reset. (Both ASIA and NA server resets the same time. EU server resets 8 hours later.)

There is another drawback if the servers are unified. Things like Clan Battles will open at a wrong time for the majority of players in one server. I mean if Clan Battles open at 19:00 US time, it would be around 9 or 10:00 for SEA players.

[-CAT-]
2,482 posts
11,573 battles
11 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I suspect one thing: the premium shop. Pricing may not be the same across locales. This means they cannot charge more in a particular region.

For CIS, price difference is very evident, hence I excluded the CIS server.

For the 3 servers, I have checked and compared prices on all 3 regions. They are roughly between 1 USD to 5 USD difference as of today Nov. 18, 2019.
Depending on who you ask, some will look at it as a small price difference, while others may will look at it as a major price difference.

11 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Also, the excuse "ping times".

It would depend on location or internet speed or both.

What I would like to accomplish is flexibility for the customer and choice.
Until a global server is achieved, where all players across the globe will be accommodated, this is a temporary solution. 🙂

Edited by S0und_Theif

[-CAT-]
2,482 posts
11,573 battles
5 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

There is another drawback if the servers are unified. Things like Clan Battles will open at a wrong time for the majority of players in one server. I mean if Clan Battles open at 19:00 US time, it would be around 9 or 10:00 for SEA players.

WG can implement a 24 hour clan battle. Just need to communicate to your members. As well as test your first game in Co-op before committing. 🙂

The real drawback is player availability rather than the battle . 😞
Also "depending" the location of the battle and player. 😞

Unless WG can acquire a good and dedicated internet bandwidth, this also a drawback and limitation for the game. 😞

Edited by S0und_Theif

[FORCE]
2,444 posts
12,284 battles
3 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

The real drawback is player availability rather than the battle. 😞

Exactly what I meant. I mean players who live normal life would not be available when the things are up.

[MRI]
3,608 posts
15,488 battles
58 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Also time to say goodbye to salty Aussies.

Seeing as how a few of them have posted racist and bigoted views on this forum in this past, I am not sorry to see those posters go.

14 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I'm not going anywhere. This salty barnacle is well and truly encrusted onto the hull of this old tub. 

Nah you are a cool Aussie, not a salty Aussie. :fish_aqua:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
360 posts
7,460 battles

I'm going back. I started out on NA in WOT from the beginning and only moved to SEA when it was formed in search of a better ping. It might have made some difference there but I can't tell the difference with ships. 

Besides, I have real life friends there that I've known for well over 20 years playing. Old gamer friends.

Cya SEAbees.

Application sent.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,837 posts
12,638 battles
2 minutes ago, xamdam said:

I'm going back. I started out on NA in WOT from the beginning and only moved to SEA when it was formed in search of a better ping. It might have made some difference there but I can't tell the difference with ships. 

Besides, I have real life friends there that I've known for well over 20 years playing. Old gamer friends.

Cya SEAbees.

Application sent.

Good luck, we'll miss you.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,482 posts
11,573 battles
7 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Exactly what I meant. I mean players who live normal life would not be available when the things are up.

I really can not give a good answer on this. 😞 I understand that we want to participate on clan battles. But we have limitations (Both human and technical limitations). I will try to formulate some ideas sometime in the future either to minimize or mitigate the limitations.

For now I only have a small idea for the unified server clan battle:
     A 24 hour clan battle.
     Participants get 100% of the reward. They did participate in the battle and fought really hard against their opponents.
     All clan members will get 5% to 10% of the reward (not shared but full per member). 5 to 10% is better than 0%
     The more participants play, the better the chance of taking home a big reward for you, your team, and your clan mates.

It is very unrefined idea. I will look into this sometimes and keep refining the idea.
I would also like to get your ideas as well. This way, we could refine the idea, and hopefully WG staff here in the forum could look into the idea, forward it for review, and hopefully implement the idea.

Example:
     8 v 8 battle, and your team won. Your team of 8 got 100 steel.
     You have 40 clan members including the commander. 40 - 8 = 32.
     32 clan members will get 5 to 10 steel each.
     The more the participants participates in battles, the better the take home reward.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[BOTES]
116 posts
4,110 battles

This is exactly what I was talking about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I am so gone. Goodbye SEA.

• Cool 1

78 posts

7 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

My understanding was that the NA had 2 time zones, 1st- 12 hours behind, and 2nd-18hours behind

Thinking I would like to transfer over. Things to ponder, Is the grass always greener?

NA appear to communicate on tactics more and follow thru. Feels rare in SEA

SEA communication can be hard with so many different languages, but EU have the same issue with language 'barriers'

NA less CV's, way less

I would like to play clan battles,  1.30 -4.30 sunday arvo sounds way better than 11.30pm to 3.30 am

For profit organisation listen to the market/majority here Asia. Australia they just tagged on and nz is a tag on tag. I think NA may give the feeling of being part of a voice that is actually listened to, so is the grass greener?  

• Cool 1

[AMPOL]
27 posts

Anyone on the East Coast of Aus that has tried an alt account to check on the ping times to NA? If you could post them in this thread, that would be appreciated.

[AN-DO]
675 posts
9,926 battles
16 minutes ago, cerebus_fighter said:

I would like to play clan battles,  1.30 -4.30 sunday arvo sounds way better than 11.30pm to 3.30 am

With cross server clan battles you have been able to play this session with your SEA account now for two clan battles seasons.