You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheURLguy

[UPDATED] Your Server-Transfer Invitation - Limited-Time Offer

132 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
2,513 posts
11,618 battles

Could WG look into the possibility of server synchronization, insted of server migration.

Benefit:

You will have accounts on all 3 servers (except CIS).

Clans. You can join different clans on different regions, or if you are a clan commander,  you can create the same clan name in that region (however it is better to have different clan name, so that you will not be confused on which server you are playing).

You keep your progress on all 3 servers. No seed for separate account.

You keep your IGN.

Limitation:

You can only play on 1 server in the duration of 24 hours. Your account will synchronize during the server reset. Which means what ever progress you have will reflect on the other servers after the reset. (Both ASIA and NA server resets the same time. EU server resets 8 hours later.)

Until we can play the game globally (a global server and no region restrictions / lock), this is what I would like WG to look into.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 4

[MRX]
[MRX]
28 posts
17,786 battles

I would like to know, Can my NA account can be absorbed into my SEA account ?

• Cool 1

[ZUIUN]
Alpha Tester
469 posts

Thinking of transferring my NA account here, but are we allowed to own more than one account on this server?

[-CAT-]
2,513 posts
11,618 battles
On 11/19/2019 at 3:10 AM, Faux_Havoc said:

There is no guaranteed answer.

You could try asking WG tech support to combine both accounts. "IF" WG tech support will allow.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[-CAT-]
2,513 posts
11,618 battles
58 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

Thinking of transferring my NA account here, but are we allowed to own more than one account on this server?

Yes you can have multiple accounts per server.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MOIST]
[MOIST]
Beta Tester
8 posts

No ping will be higher, i get about 60 on Asia server and around 150 on NA and 180 on EU, but that is my connection yours could be better.

[DD985]
16 posts

3 hours ago, Faux_Havoc said:

2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

There is no guaranteed answer.

You could try asking WG tech support to combine both accounts. "IF" WG tech support will allow.

Be nice if they would I had a pretty good Asia account I mostly abandoned around 7 months back (tired keeping up with both for a while but damn the play style shift is a B@!%# going from server to server Asia server can be a BEAST to play on compared to NA server) and it's missed a lot of things that my NA account has....   And it also has a LOT of things my NA account wasn't around for... Heck to merge them I'd be more than willing to simply ignore dupes (as in not be compensated when one vanished) just to get it all in one single account.

• Cool 1

2 posts
17 battles

If they would merge accounts, rather than just transfer I'd bring my much more well developed NA account to SEA for sure, but since they won't, I can't.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,644 posts
7,803 battles
On 11/19/2019 at 10:01 AM, Battle_Born said:

I would also like to know about ping for Australians playing on NA server.

I get 50-70 on Asia with constant lag spikes and 100-150 on NA without the spikes

[TWR]
1,315 posts
4,886 battles
On 11/19/2019 at 8:33 AM, SuperMegaUltraGigaStupid said:

Hey guys, I'm in Sydney Australia, currently playing on Asia server and the ping is around 100, If I transfer to NA, could it be faster, thanks for help

On 11/19/2019 at 10:01 AM, Battle_Born said:

I would also like to know about ping for Australians playing on NA server.

I'm just outside of Melbourne in Vic,and am with Telstra on Wireless NBN ( although I had the same results listed when I was on ADSL 2 last year before the switch):

On NA I usually get about 105ms ping with little lag,on ASIA its around 100ms ping ( I think sometimes down to about 85 ms) with occasional lag ( it used to be real bad to ASIA around late 2015 to 2016,but has gotten better last few years).

From talk on these forums a few years how good the connection to ASIA is can depend on your ISP.One of the players was only about 10km from me and with Optus,and he was getting far better connection than me.This might apply to NA as well,although most of the posts I have seen show NA as a lot smoother in general,as RalphTheTheatreCat also mentions above.

7 posts
9,916 battles
On 11/19/2019 at 3:39 AM, Nikolaevna said:

it's no longer banned to have multiple accts but not advisable. i just switched my NA acct to asia and my asia acct to NA. i hope i dont have trouble with this since they both use the same E Mail. i tried to delete my NA acct but alas it wasnt possible for some odd reason. . .

Edited by Crawl_Pain

[MH_TW]
18 posts
2,674 battles

Hi I would like to ask, I accidentally clicked on the Transfer button, and now it's saying I'm participating in this offer. Does it mean my account is being moved? Is there a way I can cancel this before the transfer begin? I thought it would at least give me a Confirm panel to the process. Please help, much appreciated.

[-CAT-]
2,513 posts
11,618 battles
5 hours ago, Lightbringer84 said:

Hi I would like to ask, I accidentally clicked on the Transfer button, and now it's saying I'm participating in this offer. Does it mean my account is being moved? Is there a way I can cancel this before the transfer begin? I thought it would at least give me a Confirm panel to the process. Please help, much appreciated.

Since you have clicked the "Transfer" botton, it is in review for transfer or in the process of transfering.

FAQs

6. What if change my mind about transferring servers?

You can reach out to your region’s Customer Service within 30 days of the transfer and explain your situation in order to have the transfer reverted.

Same applies if you accedentally pressed the "Transfer" botton. Just send a ticket to customer service. Explain your situaton that it was an accedent.

Hope this helps. 🙂

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/server-2-server/

Edited by S0und_Theif

[WG]
WG Staff
117 posts
2,095 battles

Please refer to the following FAQ: 

Q&A (as of 11/20/2019)

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Why are we being offered to transfer servers? 

We recently had offered India-based players on the Asia server an opportunity to transfer to the EU server. After that initiative’s success, we decided to expand the scope of the offer.

2. Do I have to transfer my account? 

No. It’s an optional, temporary offer for those interested in playing on a different server. 

3. What happens if I don’t transfer? 

You continue playing on your same server as usual. Nothing changes. 

4. How long do I have to decide if I want to transfer? 

You have until the end of the offer period above. 

5. What will happen to my old account when I transfer? 

Your World of Warships account on the previous server will remain active for one month — after which it will be locked. Accounts for other Wargaming titles (World of Tanks, etc.) will be unaffected.

6. What if change my mind about transferring servers? 

You can reach out to your region’s Customer Service within 30 days of the transfer and explain your situation in order to have the transfer reverted.

7. Do my stats and progress carry over? 

Due to technical limitations, we can only carry over your Random and Co-Op battle stats. All of your ships, Commanders, Premium Time, currencies, achievements, Campaign/Operation progress, flags, camo, etc. will be transferred too. 

8. Are there some things that don’t transfer? 

Yes. Clan information, Armory coupons, mission progress (such as Unique Modifcation missions), and Directives won’t be transferred. 

9. What about my Clan? Will it transfer?

Unfortunately, due to technical constraints, we cannot transfer your Clan. However, if you are a Clan commander, you can contact the Customer Service Team of your new server, and they will provide you with the assets (2,500 ) to re-create your Clan on the new server.

10. What about Clan progress? 

Since we can’t transfer Clans, we can’t transfer Clan progress. 

11. Are there any benefits to transferring? 

The benefits, if any, will depend on your own preferences and situation. Some reasons could be: 

• You relocated and are now closer to a different regional server
    • You’ve made friends who play on another server and want to play with them.
    • You prefer the forums/community of a different server
    • You want prime play times that are more in line with your time zone or daily schedule 

12. What if I want to transfer to/from the CIS server? 

Unfortunately, this offer is only available on the NA, EU, and Asia servers. 

13. Will I still be able to play with friends that stay on my previous server? 

Unfortunately, it’s not possible for players on different servers to play with each other.

14. Can I transfer my account if I’m a Steam player? 

Yes, but you will first need to create an account, link it, and login to the website of the regional server you’re transferring from. 

15. What if I make purchases after being transferred, then change my mind? Will my new purchases revert back to my previous server? 

No, but such purchases will be refunded. 

16. What will happen to information and progress from other games on my Wargaming account (World of Tanks, etc.)? 

Only your World of Warships account, progress, and information will be transferred. Accounts for other games will be accessible as normal on the previous server even after the transfer. 

17. Will I pay the same prices at the Premium Shop? 

Depending on your country of residence, previous server, and new server, you might see different prices in the Premium Shop after you transfer.

[MH_TW]
18 posts
2,674 battles
13 hours ago, amnesia98 said:

Please refer to the following FAQ: 

Yes, the FAQs was the first thing I read before coming here. But I was confused as to write my ticket under which catergory? Account Management -> Cancel Account Deletion? How could I open a "manual" ticket, as in I could describe this situation, because it seems the Cancel Account Deletion is the closest thing I could find that perhaps suits my problem.

Or I have to wait till the transfer is complete then perhaps a new category (something called Transfer Problems?!) will be available in the Ticket section?

[-CAT-]
2,513 posts
11,618 battles

@Lightbringer84

I think I understand what you are asking now. You are asking what category to choose when createing a ticket.

Currently I can not see any documents in the FAQs on what category to choose when you want to revert back your transfer.

I am not sure if this is correct:

Account Management > Change Account Data > Change Place of residence in Account Management.

@amnesia98 please correct if I am wrong. Trying to help. Thanks.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,130 posts
7,724 battles

Question;

I have an account on NA under the same name and email address. Would my ASIA account wipe this account out or would they be merged?

:cap_hmm:

[-CAT-]
2,513 posts
11,618 battles
46 minutes ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Question;

I have an account on NA under the same name and email address. Would my ASIA account wipe this account out or would they be merged?

:cap_hmm:

For the transfer, I found this on their website:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/server-2-server/

I Clicked the Button, Now What?

The process is semi-automatic - it will take a few days for us to work on your transfer request. Once it’s ready, we will send you an e-mail to your account’s registered email address with your new login credentials. One of the following scenarios will follow:

• If the email address is unused on the destination server, your login will be the same as your previous account. 
  • If the email address is already used on the destination server, your login will use a throwaway email account named (Your Account Email)@transfer.loc and a new password. Reach out to the new server’s Customer Service and request an email change.
  • If your account name is already used on the destination server, you will be given a temporary account name and one free rename opportunity.

Basically in your situation:

You will now have 2 accounts.

Your transferred account will get a free IGN re-name.

Your transferred account email however will have to be changed via customer service. (You may need to create a new email)

As for the merge, no answer 😞

Sorry if that's all I can see and help.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,130 posts
7,724 battles

Thanks for that S0uld_Theif. :cap_like:

Would only think of moving if my whole clan was up for it and my accounts could be merged (like my WoT account once I moved to ASIA from NA). Nice to know. I am sure there would be other wanting to know as well

• Cool 1

[MH_TW]
18 posts
2,674 battles
On 11/23/2019 at 2:02 AM, S0und_Theif said:

@Lightbringer84

I think I understand what you are asking now. You are asking what category to choose when createing a ticket.

Currently I can not see any documents in the FAQs on what category to choose when you want to revert back your transfer.

I am not sure if this is correct:

Account Management > Change Account Data > Change Place of residence in Account Management.

Thank you that was golden, I didn't notice this section is much better suited for my problem than the Cancel Account Deletion. I will make a ticket under this section.

• Cool 1

744 posts
19,634 battles

delayed.thumb.png.47556898dd0fbfc47091a4209e039209.png

Well, this is disappointing; any clue on how much of a delay we're talking about @TheURLguy?

Edited by Bex_o7