You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Do you think gameplay has improved or got worse since you started?

Do you think gameplay (battles) has improved or got worse since you started?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think gameplay has improved or got worse since you started?

• Better
    • Worse
    • The same

23 comments in this topic

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles

As per title.

I really appreciate the improved graphics but the UI still has many issues and so do some other core elements. All that aside however do you enjoy the battles as much?

3,544 posts
7,243 battles

I either don't remember or the players have been worse :cap_like:

This may include me btw :Smile_glasses:

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ANZAF]
203 posts
4,124 battles
15 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Nah, you are getting better. 

I used to rock climb a lot and the local cliffs (Monkeyface) were all graded by a small number of local climbers. As we all got better and better harder climbs were given the same grading so when outsiders would show up they would find that climbs which were graded the same as they were used to, were orders of magnitude more difficult at Monkeyface. The most aptly named climb was "Profanity". 

[REPOI]
5,503 posts
22,884 battles
18 hours ago, Paladinum said:

the player base quality has been getting worse, been here since OBT playing regularly 

3 hours ago, Puggsley said:

Nah, you are getting better. 

I used to rock climb a lot and the local cliffs (Monkeyface) were all graded by a small number of local climbers. As we all got better and better harder climbs were given the same grading so when outsiders would show up they would find that climbs which were graded the same as they were used to, were orders of magnitude more difficult at Monkeyface. The most aptly named climb was "Profanity". 

you need to take into account the good players that left too and the average skill level, not to mention the sever wide fluxes in the population such as the Korean/Chinese server exodus, not to mention various weeb events and collabs.  

i feel the "hardcore" wows playerbase (ones who dont pop in and then stright out after a collab) is shrinking and there's not a thing we can do about when WG dosnt even try to retain it;s players

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
777 posts
5,773 battles
6 分前、drakon233 の発言:

WG dosnt even try to retain it;s players

To certain big corporations, players are just numbers and stats, and some small groups of them become very noisy on whatever they do.

No matter how much they state on about caring their players, this has been always the case.

I personally (apart from my shitty ISP from a certain 3rd world country) feel burned out a bit now since I had been playing from open Beta without any rage quit or break.

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles
12 minutes ago, spixys said:

I personally ...feel burned out a bit now ....

Same. Which is what prompted me to put this poll to the forum.

Question is why do you feel burnt out? For me it is:

1/ The persistent bugs that have always existed that they won't address. I can understand how these bugs aren't apparent to new users. They probably have no idea what just caused it to go wrong for them. But as you get comfortable with the game you start to notice these things. 

2/ The random nature of the outcome. I know it's random battle but I don't believe the outcome should be so heavily influence by random MM. I believe you should have an even chance of a win at the start of the match. This is not the case.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
2,849 posts
18,201 battles

Burnout. Too much content. The general feeling that some company is taking their user base for granted.

• Cool 2

[MRI]
2,589 posts
12,682 battles

Game mechanics wise I would say it is better maybe.

But in terms of playerbase skill I would say it has definitely gotten worse. Or perhaps it is just that I have gotten better. Who knows.

3 hours ago, spixys said:

I personally (apart from my shitty ISP from a certain 3rd world country) feel burned out a bit now since I had been playing from open Beta without any rage quit or break.

Feeling a bit burnt out too. Too many back-to-back events imo.

[O7]
71 posts

What truly burns me out is the way the Premium Time is implemented. I hate that it still runs even if you're not logged in, leaving me little choice in the matter of balancing real life responsibilities as a parent and the demands of the game. 

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
777 posts
5,773 battles
4 時間前、keskparane の発言:

Question is why do you feel burnt out?

Basically as stated last post, my crappy ISP (and yes, it's my side) at my overseas residence that enables me to d/c 2-3 times per battle that stopped me from playing (random, at least) for now.

If I am moving back to my own home then I can play normally.

If I do really have to complain something over this game it is going to be RB - I know that it needs a group of RB haters to send them Molotov's cocktail into their office to make them stop.:Smile_trollface:

Edited by spixys

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
19 hours ago, keskparane said:

Same. Which is what prompted me to put this poll to the forum.

Question is why do you feel burnt out? For me it is:

1/ The persistent bugs that have always existed that they won't address. I can understand how these bugs aren't apparent to new users. They probably have no idea what just caused it to go wrong for them. But as you get comfortable with the game you start to notice these things. 

2/ The random nature of the outcome. I know it's random battle but I don't believe the outcome should be so heavily influence by random MM. I believe you should have an even chance of a win at the start of the match. This is not the case.

Kinda weird reasons for a burnout i think.

Are you sure they're not the reason but the result of your burnout?

I'm seasonal player, i played for a long streak then stops completely like for months. So, no 2 usually no problem to me.

6 consecutive loss, then 6 consecutive wins, no biggie there, because i'm playing for a long streak a day. A bad team still lost despite our best effort, it is an old story and just let it slide for sanity. I'm not lowering my bar tho.

Stopped completely when bored, and then just come back in when something interesting comes in, like a new ships, event which might caught my interest.

I missed Exeter, Benham, it is okay tho they're really great ships.

Hmm, when the last time i see you at randoms, been a long time.

• Cool 1

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles
1 hour ago, Brunswickz said:

Kinda weird reasons for a burnout i think.

Are you sure they're not the reason but the result of your burnout?

Yes. I don't like open wounds left unattended. It bothers me. I can't understand how people can just ignore problems. I can understand why you would, I just don't think ignoring a problem is the best way of dealing with it.

[TLS]
2,849 posts
18,201 battles

The issue is some of the player base don't bingE play. For me, it's log on, play a few games, then do something else. Like last night was a crap night where I couldn't get any of my ships to perform. Every time I picked a ship, MM dumped me in a map that was unsuited for the ship or in a terrible position. And that is in co-op and the matches were quick. In random the length of game depends on how completely incompetent one of the team is.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
This is not Bing.

[FORCE]
896 posts
9,983 battles

The burnout is just too much. However since the current arc offers nothing special of other than Sansonetti (which I can get him from containers once they put them on Armory), I can skip the whole directive & focus on Filth grinding for the T10 perma camo. And RNG is not so generous to me.

shot-19_11.19_21_12.36-0847.thumb.jpg.a01c3213ffd1271b927b7df23bb7caea.jpg

Hope I get enough luck today.

3,544 posts
7,243 battles
42 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

The burnout is just too much. However since the current arc offers nothing special of other than Sansonetti (which I can get him from containers once they put them on Armory), I can skip the whole directive & focus on Filth grinding for the T10 perma camo. And RNG is not so generous to me.

There is nothing interesting for me in this Update for me beside the sweet sweet Prem time, not even Luigi.

Not feeling burnt out as a result.

I'm grinding some lines though, that's an exquisite pain in the aft.

[HMAS]
40 posts
18,235 battles

I think for me it was two Bismarcks hiding behind an island for an entire match.  Went from regular player to very occasional. 

[-CAT-]
787 posts
7,776 battles
6 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

shot-19_11.19_21_12.36-0847.thumb.jpg.a01c3213ffd1271b927b7df23bb7caea.jpg

I do not think this is RNG, I think the main prize is hard coded to be in the last position.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[FORCE]
896 posts
9,983 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

I do not think this is RNG, I think the main prize is hard coded to be in the last position.

One of my clanmate got it on the 3rd roll though. I also got both the T8 & 9 on 5th and 7th roll. Now I'm at 20th and still unlucky.

[-CAT-]
787 posts
7,776 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

One of my clanmate got it on the 3rd roll though. I also got both the T8 & 9 on 5th and 7th roll. Now I'm at 20th and still unlucky.

I got my T8 and T9 as the last prize. Made me think it was hard coded as the last prize.

Objection withdrawn your honor.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Funny 1

[ATLAS]
18 posts
15,108 battles

My problem is the increase on bot population. If i remember right bot is very very VERY rare at 2017.

At least average player still able to learn and told what to do.

Gameplay wise it is improving with the addition of many new tech tree and gimmick, every new tech tree is a possibility for meta change. *Cough* cv rework *cough*

[BAR13]
23 posts
4,401 battles

It of course improved with a lot more ship to choose and good sounding, etc. Something that radically change this game (as far as I could remember) maybe the carrier gameplay but I feel indiferent about it.

[SALT]
1,622 posts
9,777 battles

Season Pass, Gacha, Event after Event, New Currency every event.

They basicly caterize your FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) like those phone mobile game. 

and then there is NTC, that up the ante by compeling your never ending re-grind like those MMORPG things

They have trouble generating new Player, so they try to made up by Volume of the old player have to play.

There is people that like it, But I personaly going to burn out if I try to keep the pace.

• Cool 1