Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pimpcat

Cheaters becomming rampant in the game again.

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

14
[PIMPN]
Member
33 posts
1,842 battles

I've been playing for a long time now and know and understand the firing patterns of people and because of it it's easy to spot players who are using some form of aim assistance what ever. What I want to do is explain to you all how to play so you're also able to spot players cheating.

My primary method is dupe them, turn towards an island at full speed. Then go in a straight line towards it. You will tank damage but it's fine, you're just proving they're cheats. When you smack into the island and suddenly stop their mindless auto aiming will have them either spamming their fire buttons or automatically firing with the cheat. What will happens it youll see a whole lot of shells keep following your intended path along the land mass. A player would not even fire past your bow if they know you're going to hit land and stop. Automation doesn't though so you'll see lots and lots of hits on land along your intended path. Then boom, you've got your proof.

 

Upload the replay with a screen shot with a nice little report in the reporting section so when they get around to it they'll get banned.

Edited by Pimpcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,491
[TDA]
Super Tester
5,110 posts
6,046 battles
6 minutes ago, Pimpcat said:

Upload the replay with a screen shot with a nice little report in the reporting section so when they get around to it they'll get banned

Or not.  We will never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,191
[CLAY]
Member
1,819 posts
10,116 battles

Ummm. I don’t have aim assist (my stats should prove that), but even I will probably be caught out if a player hits an island and fire along their intended path for a split second. Or even if I do stop, if I’m in a rapid fire ship with shells which take forever to land, those shells in the air will probably still follow the path for a few seconds after I stop firing. 
My point is, I won’t always realise that a ship will hit an island, that just makes me a poor player, not a cheat.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[SGC]
Beta Tester
53 posts
9,761 battles

My method to spot if someone using Aim Assist is: Look at their positioning. Aim Assist user is usually a bad player, doesn't know about anything in-game. And usually they "need to use all guns", so he broadside to enemy ships just to fire a salvo. 

And they don't care about the overmatch mechanic. Example, when the cheaters use USS Worcester but trying to fire constantly at Grosser Kurfurst bow because GK is rushing at him. Or a HE BBs (except HMS)  player but can aim properly. 

Indeed some battleships have a good fire chance (Kremlin, 45%), but if they keep firing HE even at broadside ships, then indeed he is a ~poi~ player or cheater. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[STEIN]
Member
128 posts
10,699 battles
13 minutes ago, I_401 said:

My method to spot if someone using Aim Assist is: Look at their positioning. Aim Assist user is usually a bad player, doesn't know about anything in-game. And usually they "need to use all guns", so he broadside to enemy ships just to fire a salvo. 

And they don't care about the overmatch mechanic. Example, when the cheaters use USS Worcester but trying to fire constantly at Grosser Kurfurst bow because GK is rushing at him. Or a HE BBs (except HMS)  player but can aim properly. 

Indeed some battleships have a good fire chance (Kremlin, 45%), but if they keep firing HE even at broadside ships, then indeed he is a ~poi~ player or cheater. 

Sob, i'm a cheater then to you. I love to use all of my guns because they're cool.

About the USS Worchester example is wrong.

152mm + IFHE can penetrate GK's bow, not only doing damage but has good chance to set a fire.

It still can set a fire to the GK's bow without IFHE but at much smaller chance since the shell will shatter all over the place. He might doing this if the mid section has already burning.

Fuso with HE can deal 12K damage to a broadside Amagi plus causing some fires. At range her AP can't pen Amagi's armor. Using HE is a better call.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[SGC]
Beta Tester
53 posts
9,761 battles
3 minutes ago, Brunswickz said:

Sob, i'm a cheater then to you. I love to use all of my guns because they're cool.

About the USS Worchester example is wrong.

152mm + IFHE can penetrate GK's bow, not only doing damage but has good chance to set a fire.

It still can set a fire to the GK's bow without IFHE but at much smaller chance since the shell will shatter all over the place. He might doing this if the mid section has already burning.

Fuso with HE can deal 12K damage to a broadside Amagi plus causing some fires. At range her AP can't pen Amagi's armor. Using HE is a better call.

I'm not saying every player using all guns is bad or cheaters, but using all guns in return for getting citadelled because broadsiding to enemy team constantly is a indication that the player doesn't know about basic armor mechanic and overmatch.

And thanks for pointing my mistakes on my example. I should write "AP Worcester" or BB try to shoot GK bow. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[FORCE]
Member
916 posts
10,015 battles

So by your logic, if you get shot by BBs from far away, you assume they are cheating?

Newsflash! BB players are required to think 2 steps ahead before they can nail their targets. However due to the massive influx of demoted Stormtroopers joining the game, the actual BB players become rare.

And I don't think 1,5k games are long experience. Even my laziest clanmate has at least 3k games.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,491
[TDA]
Super Tester
5,110 posts
6,046 battles

I think we can safely say all the methods listed in this thread for spotting a cheat are flawed.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[SGC]
Beta Tester
53 posts
9,761 battles
6 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I think we can safely say all the methods listed in this thread for spotting a cheat are flawed.

Yeah, I agree. There's no definitive method to spot Aim Assist user, because the cheats only limited to that. Unlike other games that has Damage multiplier or something. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,191
[CLAY]
Member
1,819 posts
10,116 battles
25 minutes ago, I_401 said:

I'm not saying every player using all guns is bad or cheaters, but using all guns in return for getting citadelled because broadsiding to enemy team constantly is a indication that the player doesn't know about basic armor mechanic and overmatch.

And thanks for pointing my mistakes on my example. I should write "AP Worcester" or BB try to shoot GK bow. 

Generally, I try to use as many guns as possible, this usually means heavily angling, or possibly showing broadside long enough to get shot off before angling again. Which has the added benefits of not driving in a straight line, and baiting enemy into shooting at your angled bow.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47
[PHNAV]
Member
142 posts

True or not, I guess there are mechanics to report the game. 2nd, I only hope that when you do report - like I sometimes use the ingame mechanics of reporting - Wargaming takes a look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAF]
Member
203 posts
4,128 battles
17 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I think we can safely say all the methods listed in this thread for spotting a cheat are flawed.

I'm pretty sure that anyone doing anything I don't like is a cheat. Its the best way of detecting them. 

I had 3 anti cheats in a game last night. 

Evri tyme my torps were about to reload the 3 BBs would coordinate their moves so that I could fire at at least 2 of them with the same salvo. It was extremely convenient and just goes to show how nice some players are.

Edited by Puggsley
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,696
[TLS]
Member
2,878 posts
18,225 battles
22 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

I'm pretty sure that anyone doing anything I don't like is a cheat. Its the best way of detecting them. 

I had 3 anti cheats in a game last night. 

Evri tyme my torps were about to reload the 3 BBs would coordinate their moves so that I could fire at at least 2 of them with the same salvo. It was extremely convenient and just goes to show how nice some players are.

Yes, those pesky bb torpedobeats. Also get them in coop as well. Bots that can see my incoming torpedoes. TSK. And then accurately predicting my ammo choice. Switch to AP, they refuse to show broadside. Switch to HE, show me delcious broadside.

Yes, the game cheats.

*RIGHT*

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,191
[CLAY]
Member
1,819 posts
10,116 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Yes, those pesky bb torpedobeats. Also get them in coop as well. Bots that can see my incoming torpedoes. TSK. And then accurately predicting my ammo choice. Switch to AP, they refuse to show broadside. Switch to HE, show me delcious broadside.

Yes, the game cheats.

*RIGHT*

Yeah, DDs in operations seem to know exactly when I will be somewhere and launch their torps at the appropriate time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[PIMPN]
Member
33 posts
1,842 battles

Any easier way to spot the auto aimers is with Priority Target. If you get slammed exactly mid ship outter no where and Priority Target didn't activate at all prior it means they didn't even bother looking at your ship, they targeted right at the lead market or right clicked for the auto aim software to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,191
[CLAY]
Member
1,819 posts
10,116 battles
43 minutes ago, Pimpcat said:

Any easier way to spot the auto aimers is with Priority Target. If you get slammed exactly mid ship outter no where and Priority Target didn't activate at all prior it means they didn't even bother looking at your ship, they targeted right at the lead market or right clicked for the auto aim software to work.

That happened to me!

...then I realised my captain was being retrained and the skill was inactive.

I’m not spending my hard earned Elite Captain XP on stuff I could get for free.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[FORCE]
Member
916 posts
10,015 battles
22 hours ago, Pimpcat said:

Any easier way to spot the auto aimers is with Priority Target. If you get slammed exactly mid ship outter no where and Priority Target didn't activate at all prior it means they didn't even bother looking at your ship, they targeted right at the lead market or right clicked for the auto aim software to work.

If you get slammed exactly at midship, you might feel you're safe enough to keep sailing straight. Without lock-on, shells still land within the maximum dispersion ellipse which is between 200-300 m from the crosshair. And at least 1 out of 12 or less for some BBs will hit very close to the center of the ellipse. This is exactly why Mino can still get killed in one blank salvo even when the Mino is hiding in the smoke. This kind of aiming is entirely possible with Spotter Plane.

And I'd rather trust Incoming Fire Alert than Priority Target because I can always be warned about the incoming salvo, especially from the opportunist snipers.

Sorry but this thread is becoming more like "the kettle who called the pot black" unless the whole method proves to be untrue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[PIMPN]
Member
33 posts
1,842 battles

I love how you assumed I just sail in straight lines. These people are pulling these shots because it also predicts turning. I use incoming and priority together. You see I've seen the auto aim cheats first hand. I know how it works. All they do is right click once on the little square that has a line attached to your ship which is the prediction point. Once they've clicked on it, it automatically fires nones stop until it's told to stop. So things like priority target and incomming don't work because they are looking in another direction while the cannons are firing.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
455
[151ST]
Member
1,369 posts
7,276 battles
8 hours ago, Pimpcat said:

I love how you assumed I just sail in straight lines. These people are pulling these shots because it also predicts turning. I use incoming and priority together. You see I've seen the auto aim cheats first hand. I know how it works. All they do is right click once on the little square that has a line attached to your ship which is the prediction point. Once they've clicked on it, it automatically fires nones stop until it's told to stop. So things like priority target and incomming don't work because they are looking in another direction while the cannons are firing.

No he assumed you travelled in straight lines because all the auto-aim can do is predict where you'll be on your current turn/speed.

If you adjust it further after he fires, he will miss or glance...

Basically this is a basic skill in higher tier play because without it you get deleted by good players in BBs at 20+km.

Even to the point that this auto-aim thing is actually worse than most of the players replying in this thread as most of us can anticipate a players speed/turn response and account for it...

Basically the auto-aim cheat isn't as good as skill and if anything hamstrings the player from actually getting better than it...

So yeah, that's why the whole cheating thing is a bit moot because it's remarkably easy to get better than the cheat itself...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[AN-DO]
Member
515 posts
8,639 battles

The most effective ones aren't the auto-aim ones they are the ones that show to landing sites of long range fire and torpedoes paths allowing the player to dodge damage far more effectively. Even  then on the video I saw it the cheater was using a Henri. I'd say on a lot of other boats it wouldn't be very effective. While these players are a-holes and deserve to be perma-banned they aren't the biggest problem. That still goes to bots and bot farming accounts - easy damage if they are on the enemy team, completely frustrating on your team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[PIMPN]
Member
33 posts
1,842 battles
18 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

No he assumed you travelled in straight lines because all the auto-aim can do is predict where you'll be on your current turn/speed.

If you adjust it further after he fires, he will miss or glance...

Basically this is a basic skill in higher tier play because without it you get deleted by good players in BBs at 20+km.

Even to the point that this auto-aim thing is actually worse than most of the players replying in this thread as most of us can anticipate a players speed/turn response and account for it...

Basically the auto-aim cheat isn't as good as skill and if anything hamstrings the player from actually getting better than it...

So yeah, that's why the whole cheating thing is a bit moot because it's remarkably easy to get better than the cheat itself...

Actually, with the auto aimer you can adjust it. It comes with numerous settings for tweaking to make it more effective at prediction. I've seen it used right infront of me. The things prediction line even hooked around matching the ships turning angles. All he did was right click, set and forget. Spent most of his time dodging the lines that magically appear in the water to show where shells land. I couldn't believe it. Just said "what's the point of playing the game? So you look good on the games scoreboard that nobody gives a crap about?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[S_O_D]
Member
87 posts
5 hours ago, Pimpcat said:

Actually, with the auto aimer you can adjust it. It comes with numerous settings for tweaking to make it more effective at prediction. I've seen it used right infront of me. The things prediction line even hooked around matching the ships turning angles. All he did was right click, set and forget. Spent most of his time dodging the lines that magically appear in the water to show where shells land. I couldn't believe it. Just said "what's the point of playing the game? So you look good on the games scoreboard that nobody gives a crap about?".

@Pimpcat;

Mate, then as an honest player and a morally right thing to do, advise a moderator and take direction from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,696
[TLS]
Member
2,878 posts
18,225 battles

*sigh* 

Proof or replay as evidence. Then take it up to support/mods. This are serious accusations. Just remember you "cannot name and shame on wg property".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×