Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
smoothsac

Finish top 3 or 4 every match but loose

16 comments in this topic

[AUNZN]
42 posts
4,780 battles

Gets really boring when I’m trying hard to do well when my team mates seem to die at will, I can go 6 or 7 games without a win 

4,898 posts
8,860 battles

You're still relatively new to the game and ASIA server, young (maybe ?) padawan.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

4,898 posts
8,860 battles
2 minutes ago, smoothsac said:

If 50 is young? TY :;

That's why I added 'maybe'...

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,584 posts
26,584 battles
9 minutes ago, smoothsac said:

If 50 is young? TY :;

yoda kicked the bucked at 900, so i'd say you're still fairly chipper 😃

• Funny 3

[BLESS]
1,239 posts
11,115 battles

Yeah that's about par for the 2k battle count mark, the "why do I still lose!?" phase.

Two reasons,

1. Everyone loses. The game is designed with baked in RNG such that even good players only get around 60% WR.

2. Around 2k battles, you have enough of a clue to not get killed and are able to farm damage, but not yet enough experience to really see the game tactically from a team perspective. A lot of the winning part is about keeping your team alive, not just yourself.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,654 battles

Take pride in your own performance. That’s all that matters.

Frankly, there are times when a loss at the top of the ladder feels better than a win at the bottom of the ladder.

• Cool 2

[4RSE]
318 posts
7,830 battles
7 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Take pride in your own performance. That’s all that matters.

Frankly, there are times when a loss at the top of the ladder feels better than a win at the bottom of the ladder.

^^^ This ^^^   x 1000

Some of my best games so far have been losses, most recent was top on the team in Asashio with 3 kills, last man standing when the timer ran down to zero. I both love and hate Asashio, because it's a bastard when the red team has one and you spot it's torps 0.9 km away from you and you know you are most definitely going to eat all of them. 

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
116 posts
4,110 battles

The games popularity is dropping a lot, they lost like 25% of their players worldwide in 1 year. Things will continue to get steadily worse and your impression of teams being bad and unable to win is perfectly on point. Use "view profile" right click on allies at the end of a match to see why you cant win. Check the bottom 5 and you will know.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,987 posts
1 hour ago, Seabad said:

The games popularity is dropping a lot, they lost like 25% of their players worldwide in 1 year.

Well I can say that the PvE side has increased.

Especially with the roll-out of the 9v9 format.

Regularly see 50 or more players in cue for games.

Great to see!

• Cool 1

[ANZAF]
500 posts
6,672 battles

Yep ship happens.

I've had a horror run with the Lightning. 120k games and still losses, its like an auto muppet team every time I take that bloody thing out of port. Was an horrific grind brought to an early close with free xp (I almost never do that).

On the flip side had an amazing game in the Fletcher, a great come from behind win that one of the other guys sent to a youtube guy. My proudest moment, went into risk it for the biscuit mode and it worked.

[FORCE]
2,462 posts
12,302 battles

I had some games in Kitakaze where I ended up at the very top of the leaderboards & still lost them. However I could not put the blame on my teams because those were neck-to-neck games. And it did not help any better either since my performance in DD games is always hampered by my own physical disability. I'd still take pride of those games because why not? In the end of the day, it's just a game which is something that should never affect the real life activities/achievements.

[AN-DO]
29 posts
6,484 battles

Exactly my problem.. miss the day when I could just sunk early and placed at the bottom of the scoreboard. Luckily it only happen on weekend (thought it nice to have fast random queue). 

P.S. "bad game also happen in operation not just random battle, beware if playing on weekend"

[TLS]
4,224 posts
20,371 battles

Well, it's kinda expected considering the supposed rate of turnover of players. Static numbers of players, but how many of these are new that replace the veterans that have left out of disgust? Mind you, a fair chunk of players are "casuals" that hop it, point and shoot just for kicks and don't care about the result. Why do you think I advocate a tiered skill MM system? You should be playing in a skill tier that matches your own. If you play well enough, you get promoted to harder difficulty settings. If you play like rubbish burnheap, you get to join equally incompetent fellows.

Sign in to follow this