You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Burnt_Out_Koalas

Carrier Players with around 500 games or less playing T10

21 comments in this topic

330 posts
9,323 battles

Okay yes this is another whine about Carriers,  but it is not the usual whine (I hope).   I am seeing players with Tier 10 Carriers with less than 500 games W/Rates around 30% or lower vs experience Warship players who have over 5000 games behind them.  It is simple really, they do not know what ships have good AA etc ....

Sure i guess these are kids and they like fast moving things and they want to play at best tier they can.   I get it .... but I am seeing this every 5 games or so and YES i believe it is very common.

I would like suggestions to make carrier players learn the game before they start getting into the TOP tiers.

Perhaps something like play 1000 games etc...

Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.83c03a660a0ed4f96c3e74b983e7bdff.png

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

[LBAS]
3,100 posts
14,590 battles
1 minute ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Okay yes this is another whine about Carriers,  but it is not the usual whine (I hope).   I am seeing players with Tier 10 Carriers with less than 500 games W/Rates around 30% or lower vs experience Warship players who have over 5000 games behind them.  It is simple really, they do not know what ships have good AA etc ....

Sure i guess these are kids and they like fast moving things and they want to play at best tier they can.   I get it .... but I am seeing this every 5 games or so and YES i believe it is very common.

I would like suggestions to make carrier players learn the game before they start getting into the TOP tiers.

Thoughts?

As a Carrier main, they abandoned it after so much Overnerfs, for now they had to focus on submarines, but dont worry.

330 posts
9,323 battles
4 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

As a Carrier main, they abandoned it after so much Overnerfs, for now they had to focus on submarines, but dont worry.

This is not overnerfs ... this is stopping players getting the most important ship in the highest tier without learning the game.

IMHO, you need to be a Unicum to play Carriers cause you only get abuse anyway.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

4,902 posts
8,860 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

this is stopping players getting the most important ship in the highest tier without learning the game.

Why are we talking about CVs while that description applies to DDs?

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,099 posts
20,464 battles
33 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.83c03a660a0ed4f96c3e74b983e7bdff.png

And they will be on your team only 50% of the time. 

So you are fine. 

• Cool 3

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,654 battles
22 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

You're thinking too small. We need to make all players learn the game before they get to top tiers.

WoWS is still notoriously bad at educating new players. And WG are not really doing anything about it. I mean, they've tried, but tips on screen, how to play videos etc... only work when said player actually looks for them. To date there is no effective in game way of preparing players for top tier without simply playing the game a lot. And with FXP and economic bonuses, its faster and easier than ever to get to top tier.

Some kind of teaching mode in game may work, but that would take more resources which could otherwise be spent on making a profit, so WG will not do that... That and I have no idea how that would work anyway. There's too much variation in all the ship classes, nations, consumables, abilities etc... And its not something you could get away with just having at low levels either. I would argue that a tutorial at T8 would be necessary to tach players how to use radar ships.

The simplest way would be to make it harder to get to top tier, forcing players to spend longer learning their ships. But that has its own problems. There are some ships you just HAVE to skip, some players would get bored, others would get annoyed for being forced togo the loing route for a ship they already mastered on their NA account, and WG would not make as much money.

So, yeah, sorry, not much help I'm afraid.

• Cool 4

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

When they're at enemy side, it is ok. :Smile_trollface:

Also i agree with Grygus's words.

Why the forum doesn't have agree but has to be cool. 😛

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,462 posts
12,307 battles

I thought this should have satisfied the CV haters since the majority of the CV players in queue are in fact too clueless to do things properly with this particular ship class. This should also have satisfied the so-called low tier activists because some of the CV players are merciful enough to flush down their Free EXP instead of raining hell upon the defenseless low tier ships as they grind their way up.

Sarcasm aside, this is the result of the Free EXP being obtainable more easily, and the fact it can be used without any limitations. The very same thing is also the reason why RB is a joke, a bad one at that.

330 posts
9,323 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

You're thinking too small. We need to make all players learn the game before they get to top tiers.

WoWS is still notoriously bad at educating new players. And WG are not really doing anything about it. I mean, they've tried, but tips on screen, how to play videos etc... only work when said player actually looks for them. To date there is no effective in game way of preparing players for top tier without simply playing the game a lot. And with FXP and economic bonuses, its faster and easier than ever to get to top tier.

Some kind of teaching mode in game may work, but that would take more resources which could otherwise be spent on making a profit, so WG will not do that... That and I have no idea how that would work anyway. There's too much variation in all the ship classes, nations, consumables, abilities etc... And its not something you could get away with just having at low levels either. I would argue that a tutorial at T8 would be necessary to tach players how to use radar ships.

The simplest way would be to make it harder to get to top tier, forcing players to spend longer learning their ships. But that has its own problems. There are some ships you just HAVE to skip, some players would get bored, others would get annoyed for being forced togo the loing route for a ship they already mastered on their NA account, and WG would not make as much money.

So, yeah, sorry, not much help I'm afraid.

well i totally agree with your comment, however the CV "can" have the biggest impact to the top tier games.  The reality is that while i showed some stats above, I am seeing this very frequently these days.  And btw this guy was not in my team so i am not bitching about a loss.  This IMHO is why so many games are floggings .... much much more than before, maybe this is a perception but perception can be a reality!  Can't it!!!!

[TLS]
4,228 posts
20,371 battles

Complain complain complain. Complain when skilled cv play against you. Complain when potato cv play with you. Why don't people appreciate it when YOUR cv is the skilled one and the opposing one is a complete potato.

Right now, I don't even want to play CV because the skill ceiling is higher to achieve and the returns are so pathetic.

330 posts
9,323 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Why are we talking about CVs while that description applies to DDs?

hmmm yes and no, with all the radar ships etc... they get smashed way too quickly.  Kids I am guessing this is aimed at, want something that lasts the whole 20 minutes or not get smashed in less than 5 mins won't be running out a T10 DD, besides it takes alot longer to get a T10 DD doesn't it?   I wouldn't know to be honest cause Carriers style of play is boring and frankly I find them childish to play them compared to a SHIP.  It takes alot more skill to angle and time your shot and wait for targets than it does for planes to fly around, sure i do agree to at some levels that a GREAT CV player plays for his team to win and just doesnt fly at a ship and drop its load, however they are rare breeds.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,756 posts
5,783 battles

Its the same Whine i heard from EU and NA. This is another time of the good ol fashioned CV Whine i heard over and over again. I thought this topic died long time ago after CV Rework was over.

Those things are common in my ears and so on cuz of Childrens playing CV for first time and/or Weekend noobs destroying CV gameplay.

Again those said Educating new CV players by Wargaming is poor and unsatisfactory.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[LBAS]
3,100 posts
14,590 battles
4 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Its the same Whine i heard from EU and NA. This is another time of the good ol fashioned CV Whine i heard over and over again. I thought this topic died long time ago after CV Rework was over.

Those things are common in my ears and so on cuz of Childrens playing CV for first time and/or Weekend noobs destroying CV gameplay.

Again those said Educating new CV players by Wargaming is poor and unsatisfactory.

They should fire one of their staff for the CV overhaul, in total it sucked.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,531 battles

The poor quality of players affects all classes.

I am not sure why people are trying to paint this as a CV issue when it isn't. If anything bad DD players are a detriment to the team much more than bad CV players because of the importance of DDs.

• Cool 5

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,756 posts
5,783 battles
37 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I am not sure why people are trying to paint this as a CV issue when it isn't. If anything bad DD players are a detriment to the team much more than bad CV players because of the importance of DDs.

Remember ,  Tin foil hat BB , CL/CA and or Destroyer main ( soon Submarines in future ) , are mostly bashing CV since the Early days of Beta. They do not like CV just because of getting spotted on. Their planes always cause panic to some Inexperienced said 3 mains when they got spooked by aircraft.

Which is why some of us individuals will do anything to post another kind of Generic and how original type of CV rant topic.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
  • Funny 2

[OAKUM]
2,115 posts
16,275 battles

WHY am I even reading this thread?

giphy.gif

• Funny 2

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,756 posts
5,783 battles
2 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

WHY am I even reading this thread?

giphy.gif

Go back to sleep Bowler Hat man.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,644 posts
7,803 battles
6 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

This should be the end of the thread.    If people don't want to either face bad players or have bad players in their teams then they should rethink playing online games.

• Cool 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,336 posts
11,162 battles
17 hours ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

this is stopping players getting the most important ship in the highest tier without learning the game.

13 hours ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

however the CV "can" have the biggest impact to the top tier games.

Statistically DD's have the greatest effect on winning or losing battles.  CV's are on par with cruisers, while BB's have the least effect.  You may notice what a CV is doing more, and therefore may perceive it differently, but these are the statistical facts of the effects of these ships on the battle.

13 hours ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

It takes alot more skill to angle and time your shot and wait for targets than it does for planes to fly around

No it doesn't.  If you think CV's don't take as much or more skill than other classes, then you have a very limited appreciation of the class.  Like most things in this game, the mechanics look simple, but the depth of play is significant.

13 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

They should fire one of their staff for the CV overhaul, in total it sucked.

I couldn't disagree more, I think the CV rework went really well, and what we have now is a fantastic improvement on what the game was pre-rework.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,644 posts
7,803 battles
1 minute ago, Moggytwo said:

I couldn't disagree more, I think the CV rework went really well, and what we have now is a fantastic improvement on what the game was pre-rework.

The only goal of the CV rework was to reduce the skill gap and increase the player base.   It achieved both of these.