You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxxGr1ffinxxX

Black Friday or HSF

16 comments in this topic

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles

Its almost that time of year again, Black Friday (wooh!) I didn't get anything last year, but now that I have a job and money, I can buy stuff this year. Currently theres the HSF Harekaze, a clone of the kagero, but its not. She has 3 choices:

• 3x2 IJN 127's, the usual IJN dd guns
  • 3x1 USN 127's, I faintly remember then being the Mk5's?
  • 3x2 IJN 100mm's, the IJN gunboat-guns

so yeah, very diverse, as well as having them great 2x4 610mm torpedoes, the can choose smoke or TRB

aaand the HSF Graf Spee, the pocket battleship (I loved her battle) shes very historically awesome

or the old and new black Friday ships (sims, shiny horse, graf zep.)

I'm rushed atm, in class. thanks for reading, help will be appreciated

[REPOI]
5,513 posts
22,912 battles
2 minutes ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

Its almost that time of year again, Black Friday (wooh!) I didn't get anything last year, but now that I have a job and money, I can buy stuff this year. Currently theres the HSF Harekaze, a clone of the kagero, but its not. She has 3 choices:

• 3x2 IJN 127's, the usual IJN dd guns
  • 3x1 USN 127's, I faintly remember then being the Mk5's?
  • 3x2 IJN 100mm's, the IJN gunboat-guns

so yeah, very diverse, as well as having them great 2x4 610mm torpedoes, the can choose smoke or TRB

aaand the HSF Graf Spee, the pocket battleship (I loved her battle) shes very historically awesome

or the old and new black Friday ships (sims, shiny horse, graf zep.)

I'm rushed atm, in class. thanks for reading, help will be appreciated

black friday, the HSF ships suck and only exist to to drain the life and wallets of weebs such as myself

• Funny 3

[LBAS]
Modder
5,823 posts
34,850 battles
5 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

black friday, the HSF ships suck and only exist to to drain the life and wallets of weebs such as myself

:crab:

damn true

Black sheep better :Smile_child:

[CLAY]
1,819 posts
10,116 battles

Get Harekaze, you can buy the non black version of the black ships anytime. You can also get the non anime version of Graf Spee anytime as well.

Harekaze is limited time only, and unique.

She’s also quite fun and a good boat in general, especially if you like the play style of IJN DDs.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles

As a disclaimer, I own most(if not all) of the "black money grabbing attempt" ships. scharnhorst is good, asashio is situational (I would prefer hare + 100mm + AA monster as more utility). Massa wrong meta now, secondaries next to useless with the current sniper meta. Cannot remember the rest. Sims is nice at T7 but as Triss said, not unique.

GRAF SPEE SUCKS. When you are uptiered, scuttle it at the mouth of the river in South America.

• Funny 1

[MRI]
2,602 posts
12,712 battles

Get the HSF Harekaze.

It is one of the best Tier 8 Premiums DDs and the probably the best of the IJN DDs. Very good DD captain trainer too and like Grygus_Triss said, it is a unique ship. You can't find it anywhere else. Also it is time limited whereas you can pick up the normal versions of the Black ships at anytime. The Black ships bring nothing new to the table - they are simply cash grabs for a black coat of paint.

You don't need to bother with the HSF Graf Spee. It is the same as the regular Graf Spee except you get an additional +100% Free XP from the camo and the ability to train all the HSF captains (even the Japanese ones). Problem with the Graf Spee is that good at one thing and one thing only - citadelling broadsiding cruisers. Outside of that you are going to struggle trying to be relevant in the match.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles

well i see, i would love the harekaze but earlier last week was my 2nd year playing wows, and i got a 30% discount. didnt have enough for hare... so um yeee. now i have a historical beast, turned into a floating glass cannon AND and anime weeb hoe

oh well. she's OK for now

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 1:36 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I just want a black assashio only because I don't want to pay for that thing.

considering im getting far better with Kagero, hell yes

[SGC]
Beta Tester
53 posts
9,761 battles

Don't buy Graf Spee, buy HFS Harekaze. Because it is unique. 
But if you want black thing, choose Asashio B. 

• Cool 3

75 posts
2,030 battles
On 11/26/2019 at 12:35 AM, I_401 said:

Don't buy Graf Spee, buy HFS Harekaze. Because it is unique. 
But if you want black thing, choose Asashio B. 

How can one get a black asashio?

[AN-DO]
515 posts
8,639 battles
1 hour ago, SidTheKnife said:

Wait until Friday when they put all the Black Friday containers up for sale and then roll the dice.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CLAY]
1,819 posts
10,116 battles
1 hour ago, SidTheKnife said:

Buy a normal Aasahio and put Shadow Lurker camo on it?

• Funny 1

[AN-DO]
515 posts
8,639 battles
7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Buy a normal Aasahio and put Shadow Lurker camo on it?

That is good. Unless you don't any shadow lurker camos. What then? Play the game wearing dark glasses? :cap_cool:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[NFB]
1,229 posts
11,553 battles

On 11/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, drakon233 said:

HSF Harekaze...
 HSF Graf Spee...

The Harekaze is a good ship and unique with the three gun configs. My WR with Harekaze is over 60%, but I only played something like 10 Random battles, that WR doesn’t say much. I’m not a good player and play mainly operations these days, but when I play Random I often play DD, I like the sneaky IJN DD’s.

If you have spare money, IMO Harekaze is a good buy because she is a good and unique ship.

I have the HSF Graf Spee with the Thea Kreutzer HSF captain and that’s kind of a nice collector’s item for me. The voice-over is hilarious, when you fire the main gun she screams “Feuer!!”. Besides the different skin, the HSF and normal premium Graf Spee are identical.

You may expect the Graf is a good cruiser hunter with those 11 inch guns. However, she only has 6 barrels with German dispersion, 20 sec reload and limited 16km range. Maybe only me, I cannot get these to work for me. The Graf Spee doesn’t work for me to score high in operations and I do abysmal in Random.

The speed is only 28.5 knots, so most cruisers can outrun you. You can outrun most T6 BB’s, but when up-tiered, there are plenty T7 and T8 BB’s that you cannot outrun in a Graf. Armour really is cruiser armour, not the squishiest ship in the game, but easily citadelled.

There are 8km torps with good arcs and hydro, which are pluses.

From playing against Graf Spees on the enemy team, I know they make good targets that are easy to citadel and don’t offer very effective return fire. I’m always happy to see a Graf Spee on the enemy team, especially in a T7 or T8.

You have to be extremely careful how you position the ship, if you want to survive and do damage.

I’d say the Graf Spee may be interesting as a collector’s item, however, I couldn’t recommend her as a good ship.