You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
adampurkis

The main Problems with this game that need to be addressed in my opinion.

62 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

So here are the main problems with this game currently that have to addressed by the devs.

1. The iceberg map. I and many other are desperate, please make this map disappear never want to see it again! Its glitchfull as hell from invisible icebergs to getting stuck in the middle of the ocean. To force fields in mid are which set the shells off as soon as they leave the gun or get any where near a island or invisible iceberg. Wargaming has obviously got this map completely wrong so please do not put it back in do not even bother to fix it there are so many things wrong with that map. I loathe it like many others.

shot-15.04.16_17.26.07-0830.jpg

shot-15.04.16_17.23.42-0398.jpg

2. BATTLESHIPS.  I am no game developer but i can tell that this game is currently world of battleships not warships. They shoot right across the map. They can one salvo every ship in game except for another BB. Sometimes or on some BBs the concealment is really good too good!. It seems that this ships have it all even maneuverability, ive seen them turn like a shopping trolly to dodge my torpedoes its almost ludicrous.

This things are so overpowered that they attract zombies!.YES! you head me right zombies! They come online in their big BBs and camp the blue line or pretend to be a island, not bother about team mates or the cap. Just bunch up in a mating ball in a warm corner of the map. Tsk tsk tsk. Stevie wonder could get kills in a battleship in this game. 

Take this for example 2 BBs left their is one ship on cap been their for ages, yet they never even shot at him and continued in the opposite direction. OP ships attracts skill less people. ZOMBIES! I know their are some who are good in a bb 1 out of 15.

shot-15.04.16_13.29.36-0067.jpg

3. Destroyers. DDS I love DDS so many people do. But the american line seems to be crazy inconsistent IJN seems to be ok if anyone has any crtics about the IJN please comment below. The American line has crazy inconsistency with its torpedoes i know they are supposed to be worse and require a more aggressive play style but the MAHAN is useless. Does not matter what you do with that thing its just painful!. The torps need a range buff from 6.5 to 7.5.

Smoke screens should have a shorter cool down time they are way too long. This will not be OP because they work both ways you get into the thick of a smoke screen you lose sight of the enemy sometimes. at least 1 minute is long enough the cool downs now are annoyingly long.  

Feel free to voice your opinion below i hope the Moderators see this and forward our critics to the devs. I really hope this game starts moving forward.

Safe sailing folks.

Edited by adampurkis

1,230 posts
2,389 battles

So here are the main problems with this game currently that have to addressed by the devs.

1. The iceberg map. I and many other are desperate, please make this map disappear never want to see it again! Its glitchfull as hell from invisible icebergs to getting stuck in the middle of the ocean. To force fields in mid are which set the shells off as soon as they leave the gun or get any where near a island or invisible iceberg. Wargaming has obviously got this map completely wrong so please do not put it back in do not even bother to fix it there are so many things wrong with that map. I loathe it like many others.

2. BATTLESHIPS.  I am no game developer but i can tell that this game is currently world of battleships not warships. They shoot right across the map. They can one salvo every ship in game except for another BB. Sometimes or on some BBs the concealment is really good too good!. It seems that this ships have it all even maneuverability, ive seen them turn like a shopping trolly to dodge my torpedoes its almost ludicrous.

This things are so overpowered that they attract zombies!.YES! you head me right zombies! They come online in their big BBs and camp the blue line or pretend to be a island, not bother about team mates or the cap. Just bunch up in a mating ball in a warm corner of the map. Tsk tsk tsk. Stevie wonder could get kills in a battleship in this game. 

Take this for example 2 BBs left their is one ship on cap been their for ages, yet they never even shot at him and continued in the opposite direction. OP ships attracts skill less people. ZOMBIES! I know their are some who are good in a bb 1 out of 15.

3. Destroyers. DDS I love DDS so many people do. But the american line seems to be crazy inconsistent IJN seems to be ok if anyone has any crtics about the IJN please comment below. The American line has crazy inconsistency with its torpedoes i know they are supposed to be worse and require a more aggressive play style but the MAHAN is useless. Does not matter what you do with that thing its just painful!. The torps need a range buff from 6.5 to 7.5.

Smoke screens should have a shorter cool down time they are way too long. This will not be OP because they work both ways you get into the thick of a smoke screen you lose sight of the enemy sometimes. at least 1 minute is long enough the cool downs now are annoyingly long.  

Feel free to voice your opinion below i hope the Moderators see this and forward our critics to the devs. I really hope this game starts moving forward.

Safe sailing folks.

1.I completly agree with you, I hate Island of Ices

2.Try to be a good BB player and you'll never say that again, It's very hard. Also  BB's can dodge torpedoes,not only dds and Cl,CA and CVs, but it still depends on the skill of the player, both evading and attacking.

3.I know, Us torpedoes is bad, but it's a balance for it's good artillery power.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

1. Iceberg map : Yes, they should Remove it for a while for maintenance

2. Battleship : BB players are not as many as the beginning of closed beta. Now I mostly play a game with More Cruiser than Battleship in the game. Maybe:trollface:They just got upset to CV's Torpedo Bomber

3. Destroyer : IJN have Pathetic ability to engage the enemy due the armor and gunnery, but they torpedo start from Bucky(Fubuki) Are very Deadly due its range and Damage.

1,230 posts
2,389 battles

and seeing from your screenshots, there is no need for and IN-Game Chat language like that. You are the tester, you should know how hard they've worked. They need feedback, yes. But there is still no need for a bad language like that

1,230 posts
2,389 battles

1. Iceberg map : Yes, they should Remove it for a while for maintenance

2. Battleship : BB players are not as many as the beginning of closed beta. Now I mostly play a game with More Cruiser than Battleship in the game. Maybe:trollface:They just got upset to CV's Torpedo Bomber

3. Destroyer : IJN have Pathetic ability to engage the enemy due the armor and gunnery, but they torpedo start from Bucky(Fubuki) Are very Deadly due its range and Damage.

I am a Fuso and I really hate aircraft

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

1:no argue on that, a moment of silence for all the wasted shell

2: well for me being a BB is providing fire while teammates going for the cap, but yeah bb i think was the most played type of warship. Well bbs will sure have time to turn if the torps was launch too far thats why dd have high concealment and fires torps near enough for high chance of hits but bb have still low chances to survive in cv tp.and some bb who camp, they just want to kill, no teamwork and dont even cap, well if the ijn cv is out, surely the bb users will drop because of dive bombers and tp.

3: not really sure what to say but i think wg follows their historical specs so not really sure.

Just my opinion though

Beta Tester
20 posts
1,029 battles

1.I completly agree with you, I hate Island of Ices

2.Try to be a good BB player and you'll never say that again, It's very hard. Also  BB's can dodge torpedoes,not only dds and Cl,CA and CVs, but it still depends on the skill of the player, both evading and attacking.

3.I know, Us torpedoes is bad, but it's a balance for it's good artillery power.

for number 2, but it will be hard if to dodge when the torpedoes launch by Torpedo Aircraft =3=

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Can you please come back and let us know how you go when youve played more than 1 battle in a BB? or even a game in a CV also since your kinda missing half the game. 

Thanks

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

People still play BB these days?

The "aim assist mod" is legal now, so why not? You don't like doing 10x citadels every game? 

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

The "aim assist mod" is legal now, so why not? You don't like doing 10x citadels every game? 

Where can i get the aim assist mod?

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

Can you please come back and let us know how you go when youve played more than 1 battle in a BB? or even a game in a CV also since your kinda missing half the game. 

Thanks

Typical big headed moderators make it personal why cant you be open minded and actually help the games development. I am not the only one saying this many people are the BB's are ruling this game cruiser and carriers are all good DD's are just broken. torpedoes can be seen to early and everyone goes on about the guns on american dds being good. When has anyone see a american dd sink a cruiser or anything bigger with its guns? enemy dds yeah but you will always encounter bigger ships. With bbs we get torn apart by primary and secondary armament before we can even unload to get sure hits. Unloading at ten kilometers is useless now.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

1. While there are some bugs with the ice map (Invisible icebergs and icebergs larger than they appear), going so far as to say "Wargaming has obviously got this map completely wrong so please do not put it back in do not even bother to fix it there are so many things wrong with that map." is completely hyperbolic. Also, if you say you loathe it like many others, please do give some data to back up that statement. I, for one, don't really mind Fields of Ice, its an interesting map to play.

2. In a long range gun duel, battleships reign supreme. That's what they were built for, that's what they historically were supposed to do as ships of the line, as opposed to cruisers. I disagree completely with your statement that World of Warships is currently World of Battleships. Being a mix of a cruiser and battleship player myself, I can say that battleships can be really, really vulnerable. A skilled carrier captain can take off 3/4s or more of a battleship's health bar with a completely unavoidable torpedo drop with a deck load strike. With their superior rate of fire, cruisers can give battleships pause by knocking out turrets and whittling down their hit points. Yeah, cruisers won't be able to kill battleships, but that's not what they're designed for. Cruisers are designed to go after destroyers, not duke it out with battleships. If a battleship manages to kill a cruiser, it's fulfilling its role in the game. And destroyers? Destroyers are a battleship's nightmare. The ability of a battleship to kill a moving destroyer is completely up to RNG, praying for either a lucky hit with 30s-reload guns, or hoping that the secondary batteries actually do something (and given that I've seen secondary batteries fire up to 200+ shots in a game and connect with about 10%, fat hope). So yeah. Battleships are nowhere as powerful as you're calling them.

3. Given that I don't have as much time in destroyers as other captains and have not progressed far down the destroyer tree, I will not comment on this.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

He didnt say that

He says he want the true World of Warships

So back to the age of sails it is then, because last I checked naval combat post ww1 was mostly about aircrafts. :child:

Typical big headed moderators make it personal why cant you be open minded and actually help the games development.

That word I'm looking for... ... hypocrisy?

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

2. In a long range gun duel, battleships reign supreme. That's what they were built for, that's what they historically were supposed to do as ships of the line, as opposed to cruisers. I disagree completely with your statement that World of Warships is currently World of Battleships. Being a mix of a cruiser and battleship player myself, I can say that battleships can be really, really vulnerable. A skilled carrier captain can take off 3/4s or more of a battleship's health bar with a completely unavoidable torpedo drop with a deck load strike. With their superior rate of fire, cruisers can give battleships pause by knocking out turrets and whittling down their hit points. Yeah, cruisers won't be able to kill battleships, but that's not what they're designed for. Cruisers are designed to go after destroyers, not duke it out with battleships. If a battleship manages to kill a cruiser, it's fulfilling its role in the game. And destroyers? Destroyers are a battleship's nightmare. The ability of a battleship to kill a moving destroyer is completely up to RNG, praying for either a lucky hit with 30s-reload guns, or hoping that the secondary batteries actually do something (and given that I've seen secondary batteries fire up to 200+ shots in a game and connect with about 10%, fat hope). So yeah. Battleships are nowhere as powerful as you're calling them.

That point. It's still RNG, but they get really, really accurate when shooting anything within 8km. I don't know how or why, but it does.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

That word I'm looking for... ... hypocrisy?

Why cant I be open minded? Why cant he play another ship? Why did i get called a name when I simply pointed out he is missing a key part of testing the game... trying everything out...

I tell you... just trying to help some people and WHAM 

gonna go sit and cry in a corner now 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

That point. It's still RNG, but they get really, really accurate when shooting anything within 8km. I don't know how or why, but it does.

Considering 8km is like, point-blank range, I'm not surprised. Still, random course changes do a LOT to give battleship captains a headache

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Why cant I be open minded? Why cant he play another ship? Why did i get called a name when I simply pointed out he is missing a key part of testing the game... trying everything out...

I tell you... just trying to help some people and WHAM 

gonna go sit and cry in a corner now 

Your problem is that you're lost in translation.

You should've used something better than google translator for what adampurkis wrote in the screenshot.

However I'll gladly translate it for you:

"Hello my ign is adampurkis. Please remove my rights to help testing WoWS."

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

From what I've experienced so far in my short time on the CBT,

1. Haven't played enough to notice bugs yet

2. BB's are not OP, yes they have the range and damage of a nuclear missile , but they also have the accuracy of a a medieval cannon -  all depends on luck when trying to shoot at targets from long distances (or DD's that come close to torp you). Yes they a secondary armament that actually does stuff, but half the time the secondaries miss and you've got to be pretty bad to get within secondary battery range anyways. Also they are  vulnerable to torps from even the Murican destroyers. Lets not forget the DPM and turret turning time - As several youtubers like ichase and (Jingles maybe?) pointed out, even cruisers can kill a BB's with their superior dpm and speed, they just have to stay at the edge of their range and rain down lead/fire on the BB's.

3. So far I'm loving the American destroyer line, I haven't bothered with the IJN line yet as I'm a fan of American gunnery - i still have my doubts regarding the pros of having greater torps and stealth in exchange for terrible guns, though I may yet be wrong. The short range of the american torps is a pain I can live with so long as they retain their speed and damage.

but I'm still a newbie so I've got much to learn :)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

2. i played bb,cruier and dd and as a bb player torpedo are not that hard to evade as long as you know they are coming, currently the torpedo acquisition is too high that why bb can easily dodge torpedo as long as the player are paying attention to its surroundings.

imo long range gunnery  is 50 skill  50 luck, as long as you know how to lead the target properly the rest is up to RNG.

3. i disagree mahan is not useless at all .  i perform better on my mahan than benson today, at mellee range mahan eats IJN destroyer for breakfast and i really love that extra torpedo launcher. its extra  launcher allows larger torpedo spread preventing target like bb, cruiser and even destroyer to completely dodge all of your torped but  the only thing i find useless about mahan is its torpedo upgrade, that -1km range for extra damage is not very useful at all but other than that i really love mahan.

american torpedo has less range but they are not less deadly.

Beta Tester
142 posts
484 battles

Considering 8km is like, point-blank range, I'm not surprised. Still, random course changes do a LOT to give battleship captains a headache

Funny you should mention this Syanda, because oddly enough, in a few of my BB games today, my secondary crews actually seemed to know what they were doing, managing to down two DD's in one game alone and playing a DD game today, got eaten up by secondary fire when I took a run at a BB around an island. I died (to his main guns, I swore they were facing the other way) but then he died to my torp spread. Hard to dodge both sides of an American DD spread from 2km.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The 14cm secondaries actually do quite a bit of damage if they connect since they fire HE shells (while it appears the 12.7s fire AP). It's still a pretty big if, though.