Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArmoredFrost

Thoughts on player behavior on Twilight Battle

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

20
[O7]
Member
71 posts

I've been playing Raid of the Filth for more than a week now to get that one last Tier X permanent camo. I haven't been blessed by RNGesus yet unlike the others who got their perma camos on the first roll of the dice. Congratulations to them. 

On another note, there are players who cannot resist to hit their fellow players. While I understand the PvP nature of the Twilight Battle if players desire it—and I've sunk many who wished for death—I cannot stomach players who agree to PvE only to go rogue later on. Some would even hit you first then offer apologies, as if their main guns have a mind of its own. Such cowards.

Another thing, most of players who go rogue or those who betray agreements are those belonging to Chinese / Mandarin clans, who, unprovoked, really try to sink my Maverick/Rust/Lancet.

On the flip side, there are also players who would call out their fellow teammates who do something stupid.

Yet on another note, so many players have chat messages that appear as  ■ ■ ■. I pray WG would make a built-in translator in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
45 posts

At the beginning i thought that people were happy to keep with pve, weekend happens nek minute. the weirdest i have found is when people have full filth and than decide to go pvp. and people die it makes no sense.' hey lets grind for filth' everyone got full filth now lets double cross for no gain and lose the filth. its face palm stuff. agree on which clans it seems to be

 

the other one i have found weird is the second the portal is open people want to leave even if they only have 4-500 filth. thats a lot of games to play to get filth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[FORCE]
Member
889 posts
9,976 battles

I'd add that one kind of player whom although they have got the full load, they would sink you for absolutely no reason. This kind of player is easily listed in my blacklist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,686
[TLS]
Member
2,839 posts
18,198 battles

What I see the issue is whether the word of that person has value or not. A person who cannot keep their word is worth less than garbage. If the parties that agree to a ceasefire, then they should respect it. If you don't, then don't participate in it. If you participate and go rogue, then the compliant parties should just obliterate the offender. 11 v 1 are good odds.

To me it is fair game to name and shame these betrayers because it means in future, no one will want them as their ally. It basically is fair play to keep to your agreement even though you are not 'on the same side'.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
4 posts
2,203 battles

Guys, 

This PvE stuff is Raid for the Filth is optional!! Jeez, dont gotta be so toxic bout it!! the intro vid for Twilight VERY CLEARLY STATES THAT PVP IS ALLOWED and if u expect everyone to stay friendly, its just downright pointless, especially with what seems to be the asian clans. if ur sunk, just fking deal with it, no need to try be princess

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,485
[TDA]
Super Tester
5,102 posts
6,025 battles
3 minutes ago, P47_Thunder_Bolt said:

Guys, 

This PvE stuff is Raid for the Filth is optional!! Jeez, dont gotta be so toxic bout it!! the intro vid for Twilight VERY CLEARLY STATES THAT PVP IS ALLOWED and if u expect everyone to stay friendly, its just downright pointless, especially with what seems to be the asian clans. if ur sunk, just fking deal with it, no need to try be princess

I agree.  I always ask for PVE but don't lose too much sleep if I'm attacked.    Some people don't understand how to farm and you also have a language barrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,176
[CLAY]
Member
1,805 posts
10,064 battles
21 minutes ago, P47_Thunder_Bolt said:

Guys, 

This PvE stuff is Raid for the Filth is optional!! Jeez, dont gotta be so toxic bout it!! the intro vid for Twilight VERY CLEARLY STATES THAT PVP IS ALLOWED and if u expect everyone to stay friendly, its just downright pointless, especially with what seems to be the asian clans. if ur sunk, just fking deal with it, no need to try be princess

They’re not mad because people PvP, they’re mad because a player PvPs when that player said they wouldn’t.

If the player promised nothing in the first place, then yeah, you expect that, but when the player agrees to a ceasefire, and then attacks you anyway... The PvE may be optional, but this is a player who has opted IN, and then PvPs anyway.

Now, you may not think that matters, but it’s a pretty dishonourable thing to do, and makes the player in question a bit of a scumbag.

And, as some people say above, that person already has a full hold, there’s no point in doing it. Going back on your word is not being sneaky, it’s not using the enemy’s niceness against them, it’s not being tactical, and it’s not even being clever because you’ll probably end up getting sunk by everyone else.

Its just being a jerk.

But hey, I’m just a person who still believes someone’s word actually means something, even in online gaming.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,176
[CLAY]
Member
1,805 posts
10,064 battles
3 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

They’re not mad because people PvP, they’re mad because a player PvPs when that player said they wouldn’t.

If the player promised nothing in the first place, then yeah, you expect that, but when the player agrees to a ceasefire, and then attacks you anyway... The PvE may be optional, but this is a player who has opted IN, and then PvPs anyway.

Now, you may not think that matters, but it’s a pretty dishonourable thing to do, and makes the player in question a bit of a scumbag.

And, as some people say above, that person already has a full hold, there’s no point in doing it. Going back on your word is not being sneaky, it’s not using the enemy’s niceness against them, it’s not being tactical, and it’s not even being clever because you’ll probably end up getting sunk by everyone else.

Its just being a jerk.

But hey, I’m just a person who still believes someone’s word actually means something, even in online gaming.

Of course, the few times I’ve played and suggested PvE, I’ve been lucky if 2 or 3 people reply at all, let alone all 8 others. So I don’t expect much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
356
[SMOKE]
Member
1,067 posts
12,609 battles

come to think of it ... PvP is the nominal mode in this Filth event and PvE is something of a player consent and how to game about .. so by itself PvP is of course to be expected, but of course there is the question regarding gaming and sportsmanship ... and clearly the said situation is display of blatant disrespect of such. Unfortunately this happen with all multi player online game ; some players just de humanize the other players and get into the mindless Predator mode .. these people really had a social and life problem ; this display of PvP is nothing , its just people thinking it would be fun to go wreck others for no other reason to be just so ..

BTW had no interest in the mad max style perma camou, if they would had provide the Halloween Steampunk style as display on all the Halloween ships from Silver Spear Archipelago I would be more willing to participate  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
786 posts
3,362 battles
27 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

come to think of it ... PvP is the nominal mode in this Filth event and PvE is something of a player consent and how to game about .. so by itself PvP is of course to be expected, but of course there is the question regarding gaming and sportsmanship ... and clearly the said situation is display of blatant disrespect of such. Unfortunately this happen with all multi player online game ; some players just de humanize the other players and get into the mindless Predator mode .. these people really had a social and life problem ; this display of PvP is nothing , its just people thinking it would be fun to go wreck others for no other reason to be just so ..

BTW had no interest in the mad max style perma camou, if they would had provide the Halloween Steampunk style as display on all the Halloween ships from Silver Spear Archipelago I would be more willing to participate  

For me, at least the Post-Apocalypse camos (including those for destroyers during the Rogue Wave event and the new "Infernal" series of the Halloween) still largely resemble warships from that historic period, and so they are better than those newly-made ones resemble hybrids of marine monsters and ship wrecks, though I do admire all the efforts the modelling team has spent in creating them.

Also I agree with your last point: where are the steampunk skins like those featured in "The Rasputin Trilogy"? And would you please Wargaming create a Silver Spear Archipelago port?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,176
[CLAY]
Member
1,805 posts
10,064 battles
46 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

come to think of it ... PvP is the nominal mode in this Filth event and PvE is something of a player consent and how to game about .. so by itself PvP is of course to be expected, but of course there is the question regarding gaming and sportsmanship ... and clearly the said situation is display of blatant disrespect of such. Unfortunately this happen with all multi player online game ; some players just de humanize the other players and get into the mindless Predator mode .. these people really had a social and life problem ; this display of PvP is nothing , its just people thinking it would be fun to go wreck others for no other reason to be just so ..

BTW had no interest in the mad max style perma camou, if they would had provide the Halloween Steampunk style as display on all the Halloween ships from Silver Spear Archipelago I would be more willing to participate  

I find it interesting, the number of people wanting to PvE, even in a technically PvP mode, should indicate that there is a large PvE community out there.

But WG aren't listening because WoWS is primarily a PvP game and they probably get better returns in that area.

And I agree with the Camos. I unlocked the T8, but I still don't have any real interest in  them, I did like the steampunk style though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[FORCE]
Member
889 posts
9,976 battles
4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I find it interesting, the number of people wanting to PvE, even in a technically PvP mode, should indicate that there is a large PvE community out there.

But in this case PvE is almost mandatory unless your team has the high-end ships to survive for the boss battle, and to reach the portal without dying. I mean, while it is very possible to get full load if you play Crocossaur, Fossil, etc.; the same won't be guaranteed if you play Rust Nightfall (lack of defensive gimmick), or Maverick/Scorpioid with lack of proper teammates. Which is basically why going PvE in that mode is a popular choice even though WG never advertise it as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[O7]
Member
71 posts
11 hours ago, notyourfather said:

You shoot me, I shoot you. As simple as that.

I agree. 

I don't like PvP in Raid of the Filth as I want everyone to get the perma camos and coal, but I won't back down if challenged or double crossed. 

https://twitter.com/armoredfrost/status/1193916290580107265?s=19

Edited by ArmoredFrost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×