You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vrea_Zwei

Agano as tier 5 Japanese Cruiser

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

IJN_Cruiser_Agano.jpg

Displacement: 6,652 t (6,547 long tons) (standard); 7,590 t (7,470 long tons) (loaded)
Length: 162 m (531 ft)
Beam: 15.2 m (50 ft)
Draught: 5.6 m (18 ft)
Propulsion: 4 shaft Gihon geared turbines
6 Kampon boilers
100,000 shp
Speed: 35 knots (67 km/h)
Range: 6,000 nautical miles (11,000 km) at 18 knots (33 km/h)
Complement: 726
Armament: 6 × 152mm Type 41 guns (3×2)
4 × 8cm/60 Type 98 naval guns(2x2),
2 × triple Type 96 25mm AA guns,
2x twin 13mm machine guns
8 × 610 mm torpedo tubes (4x2)
48 naval mines
Armor: 60 mm (belt)
20 mm (deck)
Aircraft carried: 2 x floatplane
Aviation facilities: 1 aircraft catapult

Because there are no ship at tier 5 Japanese Tech Tree (Tier 4 Kuma-class jump to tier 6 Aoba-class), maybe this can be a drawing board for WG Dev

Source gathered from:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/irootoko_jr
http://en.wikipedia.org/

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You seems very outdated

they already stated that tier 5 IJN Cruiser will be Furutaka Class 

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

You seems very outdated

they already stated that tier 5 IJN Cruiser will be Furutaka Class 

No, i mean, put another tier 5 warships

or, put Agano as tier 5 Premium Warships:child:

Edited by GS_Vrea

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

If only they'd split the CA/CL lines. The Aganos are beautiful ships. I could easily see her as a tier VII or tier VIII CL.

From what I've seen on other forums around the globe - it appears that the initial release will be the 4 basic lines for the USN & IJN trees, followed by the IRN/SN then RN.

After that the existing lines will be fleshed out to include additional trees/sub-trees splitting things like Cruisers into the Heavy/Light lines, Battleships into true Battleships and BattleCruisers etc.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I could easily see her as a tier VII or tier VIII CL.

Can't be happen

Mogami still outclassed it

(15 x 6" vs 6 x 6")

and I must Agree with Vrea, she is Suitable for tier 5

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Can't be happen

Mogami still outclassed it

(15 x 6" vs 6 x 6")

I still think it would be a tier 9 or 10 cruiser that plays a little like a bigger DD with good AA. That's based on WG's "late war tanks = high tier".

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I still think it would be a tier 9 or 10 cruiser that plays a little like a bigger DD with good AA. That's based on WG's "late war tanks = high tier".

How can a ship that have Kuma's length and "Not even better than Aoba" Armor become tier 9?

This is not a tank

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

How can a ship that have Kuma's length and "Not even better than Aoba" Armor become tier 9?

This is not a tank

Low detection value, good torps and semi-okay guns. No Barrage, for obvious reasons. Think of it as a better Kuma, with an amazing AA. 

There most probably will be a CL line, as well as a CA line. You can't deny this.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Low detection value, good torps and semi-okay guns. No Barrage, for obvious reasons. Think of it as a better Kuma, with an amazing AA. 

There most probably will be a CL line, as well as a CA line. You can't deny this.

I'm not sure with that, but your point about "good torps and semi-okay guns" is right. Em.. But Umidoori, read back to Harpoon post, this is an Cruiser which mean the armor is useless than the guns itself. And this ship actually not suit for tier 7~10 because the size and the armament is not match
Edited by GS_Vrea

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Light cruiser. Give it a lower-than-CA detectability range, high sight range and long range torpedoes coupled with increased maneuverability and perhaps a slightly higher top speed. It'll still fulfil its role as a destroyer killer, but is more able to gets some punch with torpedoes that the current CAs can't really utilize well.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I'm not sure with that, but your point about "good torps and semi-okay guns" is right. Em.. Back to Harpoon post, this is an Cruiser which mean the armor is useless than the guns itself. And this ship actually not suit for tier 7~10 because the size and the armament is not match

It can, and it will. Like WoT, the higher the tier, the more modern a tank is. Same goes for this.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It can, and it will. Like WoT, the higher the tier, the more modern a tank is. Same goes for this.

That's not necessarily always the case. Do you wonder why IS-8 is before IS-7? or IS-4 after all other but IS-7?

Modern =/= Suitable for its tier.

We could also reference Mogami lying at tier 7 before the older tier8 Myoko (and potentially Takao, which is also tier 8).

In short, I think ship's creation timeline is only one basis used to determine their tiering, performance tend to be the other more important one.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IS-4 can compare to any IS not because he is modern but it's more Agile and Flexible and still keep Good amount of DPM and Armour

Agano Whatever Super ENGINE you Put in it won't make it more agile in turning (the rudder and Hull shape will)

The size (Length and Height) is what makes the detectability range NOT the class

Even if YOU call It Destroyer it won't have low detectability range

The size might be smaller but not that much

it's still bigger than Kuma

Edit: (i think I qouted a wrong person:trollface:)

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

That's not necessarily always the case. Do you wonder why IS-8 is before IS-7? or IS-4 after all other but IS-7?

Modern =/= Suitable for its tier.

We could also reference Mogami lying at tier 7 before the older tier8 Myoko (and potentially Takao, which is also tier 8).

In short, I think ship's creation timeline is only one basis used to determine their tiering, performance tend to be the other more important one.

IS-4 can compare to any IS not because he is modern but it's more Agile and Flexible and still keep Good amount of DPM and Armour

Agano Whatever Super ENGINE you Put in it won't make it more agile in turning (the rudder and Hull shape will)

The size (Length and Height) is what makes the detectability range NOT the class

Even if YOU call It Destroyer it won't have low detectability range

The size might be smaller but not that much

it's still bigger than Kuma

Edit: (i think I qouted a wrong person:trollface:)

Em... Gentlemen, we are talking about warship on here, and not war tanks :child:

Light cruiser. Give it a lower-than-CA detectability range, high sight range and long range torpedoes coupled with increased maneuverability and perhaps a slightly higher top speed. It'll still fulfil its role as a destroyer killer, but is more able to gets some punch with torpedoes that the current CAs can't really utilize well.

I think thats a basic Light Cruiser. All this point is right, high sight range, long range (Type 93 Long Lance) torpedoes, and of course maneuverability. And yes, in fact Agano is basically a lead of Destroyer squadrone (like Katori). Thats why all IJN ships is able to turn the table in battle, but again.. That depends on situation of course :hiding: