Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
intizando

Coal Ships

14 comments in this topic

6 posts
1,422 battles

Hello fellow community members!!

I thought I'd start my own thread on which Tier 9 & 10 coal ships are the best. Please feel free to post your own and react to others' opinions.

I personally want to get the Salem, mainly because I want a DM but cbf to grind to the real DM.

Statistics and 'realistically' though, which ship is the best ship.

(also if someone can tell me which one is the best for credits, PLEASE LMK hahaha, as you can see - I'm a little short on those atm)

shot-19.11.08_16.21.17-0445.jpg

785 posts
3,351 battles

I have chosen Jean Bart as my first high-tier Freemium.

T9 Premium ships earn more than T10 Freemium ships as they enjoy a baked-in improved economic coefficient. At the same time Jean Bart enjoys friendly handling in terms of general playstyle and shell ballistic characteristics. Also her MBRB consumerable which enables her to deliver two salvoes of devestating broadside within a short duration.

Georgia is said to be one of the most fun and enjoyable ships in the whole game. Salem AFAIK is a tweaked Des Moines with a much better heal but poorer radar, and I suggest one should get familiar with the floaty USN SHS shells' ballistics before trying Salem. Yoshino is like a Mega Zao, Thunderer is a fragile sniper-battleship with Large Cruiser accuracy which reflects some of the earliest concepts for the planned Top tier British battleship and Smolensk is one of the most overpowered ships, so overpowered that some people have commented that "got her ASAP before she is pulled off", currently available in game.

[TLS]
2,839 posts
18,182 battles

Smelly. Just to piss people off.

Next would be Yoshinon.

JB/GA I bought outright for cash, so technically...

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,101 posts
6,025 battles

I have the JB, Musashi, Misery and Smolensk and they are all enjoyable in different ways.   With close to another 300k coal ready I might even get the Georgia as well.

[KAMI]
1,183 posts
10,960 battles
1 hour ago, intizando said:

if someone can tell me which one is the best for credits

Missouri is the almighty money maker but now you really need rely on supercontainer or MAYBE santa container to get it

followed by T9 premiums >kobayashi camo > t8 premium

Jean Bart is more of a fun and balanced ship..best gimmick 

Im  just saying, Salem is a coal trap..240k coal is kinda equivalent to a grind from t1-10 or even longer

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
889 posts
9,976 battles

For credit grinding, Jean Bart is a solid choice and somewhat more forgiving than the others because you only need to find a comfortable position before you pump all your guns. The ship has useful HE against the well-angled targets to compensate the small caliber.shot-19_07.08_13_50.54-0130.thumb.jpg.00373237fd222a4e59cf467ed89d85c0.jpg

This is my highest credit earned with Jean Bart with all credits boosting signals used. Without any credit boosting signals, I earn about 150k in profit on average.

Edited by Sir_Feather
typo
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
785 posts
7,759 battles

Depends on your play style.

Jean Bart and / or Georgia

Solid ships with good damage and protection.

Smolensk and / or Salem

Fast reload ships that annoys the hell your enemy.

Yoshino

Half cruiser, half battleship, thin armor. Difficult to use if you are not familiar with both IJN CA and BB.
Suggest you try tech tree IJN CA and BB first before you commit to this ship.

Thunderer

Solid ship but (IMO) will be my last choice compared to the above choices.

785 posts
3,351 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

For credit grinding, Jean Bart is a solid choice and somewhat more forgiving than the others because you only need to find a comfortable position before you pump all your guns. The ship has useful HE against the well-angled targets to compensate the small caliber.shot-19_07.08_13_50.54-0130.thumb.jpg.00373237fd222a4e59cf467ed89d85c0.jpg

This is my highest credit earned with Jean Bart with all credits boosting signals used. Without any credit boosting signals, I earn about 150k in profit on average.

My highest grossing one in terms of credits (with rather good luck that time) with economic signals and premium account time.

The famed Drakon also has a handful of such outstanding battle results (and Drakon can perform that well on a regular basis unlike casual players like me).

shot-19_10.19_15_42.41-0195.thumb.jpg.826394bbbf50b5e2a3c5eba79a3fcf23.jpg

A few of Drakon's outstanding games in various premium ships...

...and many more.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Cool 1

45 posts

like you i thought salem, but than jb came up so got the jelly bean, no regrets. over time listening to others salem seems to disapoint small radar/ no legendary mod to help.than smolensk came out. glad i havent gone down the salem lane. the next discount for coal/steel ships comes just before xmas.... and lasts 6 months

• Cool 1

6 posts
1,422 battles

Thank you, everyone, for all the awesome replies. I feel not only myself but other members of the community will benefit from this.

I myself am a really heavily DD focused player, I really dislike how there are no high-tier DD's available for coal...

Personally, I will look to pick up the Jean Bart or Salem, I have chosen the Salem over the Smolensk solely because I don't like HE spam too much and I have a taste for USN ships.

6 posts
1,422 battles
On 11/8/2019 at 5:52 PM, Gummilicious said:

Missouri is the almighty money maker but now you really need rely on supercontainer or MAYBE santa container to get it

followed by T9 premiums >kobayashi camo > t8 premium

Jean Bart is more of a fun and balanced ship..best gimmick 

Im  just saying, Salem is a coal trap..240k coal is kinda equivalent to a grind from t1-10 or even longer

Can you get the missery from a supercontainer?? what.

[REPOI]
5,499 posts
22,876 battles
26 minutes ago, intizando said:

Thank you, everyone, for all the awesome replies. I feel not only myself but other members of the community will benefit from this.

I myself am a really heavily DD focused player, I really dislike how there are no high-tier DD's available for coal...

Personally, I will look to pick up the Jean Bart or Salem, I have chosen the Salem over the Smolensk solely because I don't like HE spam too much and I have a taste for USN ships.

in that case get aigle, if the next sprint or even major ranked season is T6 you'll have a great time 

[SMOKE]
1,066 posts
12,609 battles
1 hour ago, intizando said:

same here , DD main, really looking at all the big guns and say ... ah .. well ... so I end up with Salem and Smolensk, Oh yes I had Aigle too , not a bad one either a its tier. was now looking at what might be next too, not sure about it myself here also

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

I have Georgia and Yuubari from coal.

I'm not too impressed with Georgia, JB is definitely better pick unless you're secondaries addict like me.

Thanks to her armor protection, i usually sniping rather than brawling :fish_palm:

She also not the best sniper, with only 20km range. Thankfully she has the spotter plane. Her sigma is not impressive either, with 1.8.

Tempted with Yoshino's secondaries power 😛

Until Siegfried arrived, shes the best secondaries cruiser with 343K DPM.

https://proships.ru/stat/ships/compare,Cruiser,all,10,,/

Siegfried doesn't hold significant DPM, but at least she has 9.6km range.

Sign in to follow this