Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

WG asking for dislike, again - How to play Pasta cruisers

43 comments in this topic

3,138 posts
6,798 battles

Read the comments.

Remember what most the comments in the Dry Dock: GK are about.

This is quality entertainment.

How to play Italian cruisers?

Y O U D O N ' T

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
4,602 battles

Wheres my Refund? ~ Bethesda Customer 2019.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

Hmm, there are a lot of them lately you know? Italian cruisers.

They also usually top three at team. Especially Trento.

I'm playing Genova lately.

SAP, i kinda grasp the strong point of this ammo. But still incredibly weak vs BB. But very strong vs light armored ships.

SAP does insane damage to DDs.

Insane, 1600 per hit. I've compared by playing Furutaka as well, which only deal about 1100 per good hit, like 525 for a bad hit. Theres no bad hit with SAP, just full damage or ricochet.

Combined with the extra accuracy, i don't know either sigma or dispersion. It is much easier to land hit with Genova.

Hitting a DD with Furutaka well...the shells went all over the place. Shooting a DD only using the front turrets at 5km usually only resulted 1 hit.

8 Guns with 19s reload vs 6 guns with 15s reload on Furutaka or Exeter.

To be fair 19/8= 2.35 vs 15/6=2.5, per gun wise, Genova has faster reload, also that terrifying alpha.

Also playing Orion for a little bit taste of seal clubbing, 3600 damage for 3 hits to a DD 😞

AP has better ricochet angle ? Idk, i citadel many cruisers easily even if they angled. Angle that i tried impossible with Furutaka.

Turret traverse is a lot better than Furutaka.

AAA showing the same stat but i think i downed more planes with Genova but Furutaka's fighter plane is more powerful.

Throttling to max power seems to be faster than Furu as well. Still not as fast as British tho.

Absolute garbage against BB. If there's no way to land the torp, usually i end up dead.

Italian tree liner seems better just because of longer torp range and smoke. Maybe faster reload as well?

While with Genova i had to utilise island hugging and clipping to be safe.

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
455 posts
8,375 battles

My experience, Genova is the worst and least fun premium ship I've ever played, and if I'd bought it in the shop I'd be asking for a refund. There are plenty of boats that aren't necessarily competitive but at the same time they can be a bit of a laugh to play and you can have some fun in them still. Genova was just plain frustrating. Most of my damage was done with AP against other terrible Italian ships. The SAP is powerful against DDs for sure, but Italian concealment is average and the RoF is terrible such that you couldn't really go DD hunting anyway. I will most likely never play that ship again. As for the rest of the line, I have only played Zara and that was decidedly average too. I had high hopes and was looking forward to another cruiser line but having played them I'm rather ambivalent about grinding the line now. I really hope WG is getting some good data from this so they can buff the ships appropriately sooner rather than later before everybody gets completely put off the line.

And yes, @Paladinum the comments are entertaining and the only thing true about the whole video :fish_palm:

Edited by blauflamme22

[KCSEA]
208 posts
6,493 battles

I only got the Genova so far, and I will be in the minority and say that the Italian cruisers are pretty good, and not the "absolute piece of crap" everyone is making them to be.

Most, if not all players got too used to braindead HE-spamming to adjust to SAP. 

• Angry 1

[TLS]
2,314 posts
17,927 battles

I thought Duca was a meh ship. Sephiroth's mom and a muffin makes look good. Playstyle is basically sit far back and snipe. This is ridiculous since it maneuveres so well. Like what people say, swap AP to SAP and bring back HE.

PS, as ichase has clearly shown on Ultimate Admirals: Dreadnoughts, volume of fire trumps accuracy. 15 gun super yamato kills. Then there is the 21 gun Scharnhorst variant. Why do you think most of the Smelly complaints centre around the insane RoF?

Edited by dejiko_nyo

Alpha Tester
991 posts
3,807 battles

Absolutely broken ship line that handicaps and curses any team unfortunate enough to get laden with them.

On the positive side, at least it s not ze germans taking the beating this time.

OH WAIT A MINUTE?!?.

Perhaps the tier 10 italian cruiser will be awesome balls.

[TLS]
2,314 posts
17,927 battles
5 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

Perhaps the tier 10 italian cruiser will be awesome balls.

Not with the intended battleship reload times of 20s.

[FORCE]
574 posts
9,354 battles

I might be the only one who actually enjoy this line. But I only have the "Monty Cucc" so far which could have some buff like main gun reload.shot-19_11.06_18_43.19-0188.thumb.jpg.715f2311699aa9ca055e2941b6950a4b.jpg

Top score as bottom tier. As if it is not insulting enough to play the pasta.

[CLAY]
1,596 posts
9,482 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I thought Duca was a meh ship. Sephiroth's mom and a muffin makes look good. Playstyle is basically sit far back and snipe. This is ridiculous since it maneuveres so well. Like what people say, swap AP to SAP and bring back HE.

PS, as ichase has clearly shown on Ultimate Admirals: Dreadnoughts, volume of fire trumps accuracy. 15 gun super yamato kills. Then there is the 21 gun Scharnhorst variant. Why do you think most of the Smelly complaints centre around the insane RoF?

I’ve always worked by the theory, “throw enough stuff at the wall and some of it will stick”.

Pizza boats are long range bombardment cruisers, just without HE... Though long range torps are nice... If it wasn’t for the fact that there is usually an ally between you and enemy ship...

Concealment isn’t great, they feel very flimsy, take a lot of damage.

I think I get it, they are glass cannons, fast ect weak, slow firing heavy hitters. But it takes skill, accuracy and knowledge to land damaging shots, they’re not the ‘aim anywhere and fire’ ships like the French and the Japanese. And you do suffer for every shot you miss.

[TLS]
2,314 posts
17,927 battles

The IJN cruisers had reloads I immensely detested. Until pasta cruisers came along.

I strongly believe that good performance on them requires potatoes on the other team giving you opportunities. As long as they bow tank, your shots are going to go poorly. 

• Cool 1

[TLS]
2,314 posts
17,927 battles
2 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

"You will feel pure pleasure from playing Italian ships"

Pleasure as in nine inch nails being driven into your limbs while being hung upside down. I think that is what they are trying to mean. 

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
991 posts
3,807 battles

Strangely I do better in italian limp pasta botes than I do with my rng in USN BBs.

Don't get me wrong, both are extremely disappointing, but I seem to get more enjoyment from limp pasta by the narrowest of fettucini margins.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,608 posts

*Watching the video*

tenorHQNJ8ME6.gif.92320a9f550ed9a6585ae4bc740df26c.gif

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
4,602 battles

And to thought Duca d'Aosta is undergunned.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,843 posts
5,685 battles
6 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

And to thought Duca d'Aosta is undergunned.

Funnily enough I actually enjoy that ship.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
4,602 battles
32 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Funnily enough I actually enjoy that ship.

Abruzzi is Enjoyable too.

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,517 posts
12,309 battles

426961784_ItalianCruisers_HowTo_WorldofWarships-YouTube-GoogleChrome11_7_20193_31_11PM.thumb.png.80fefa2b74c362fb46747da0f759d5d4.png

subtitle : T6

speaking : T5

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 2

3,138 posts
6,798 battles

There is a difference between things that are designed with great performance but depend on the users, and things that are designed in an unbelievably bad way only people with great skill can use (and still griefing over them).

German cruisers are better by comparison, because they still have some redeeming value. Playing Pasta cruisers before T8 is basically going through 5 stages of death.

May as well give all Pasta cruisers access to Upgrade Slot 5 so they can have more maneuverability or more concealment. Or a special Italian cruiser only upgrade like US Ammo Plotting Room. WHy don't other nations have something like that? WG are forgetting A LOT of things.

PS. Is anyone else having issues with accessing the forum and website? My game has been lagging as heck and completely unplayable. I have waited more than an hour just to reply this.

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

The main problem with pastas are their lack firepower against BBs. It is like more than half of WoWs population.

Surely SAP can do some nice damage by shooting superstructure, although with a heavy quote at lower tiers.

But by doing so, it need to constantly firing.

It is not like when I'm playing Japanese cruisers,

Set em on fire, then gone. See if they used DCP, fire again then gone. Such tactics can be done in an open water.

Italian can't use this. Good thing they have the smoke (but not Genova sadly).

If you don't believe Italian cruisers are actually okay, at least? Just go to the T5-6 games, i often see them at the top. Either winning or losing.

SAP doing 3.2-7K a salvo to DDs. In tier 5 it is like 2-3 salvos to finish a duel.

Talking about concealment, i think Genova has the same concealment as Furutaka?

[TLS]
2,314 posts
17,927 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Playing Pasta cruisers before T8 is basically going through 5 stages of death.

No. No. And. No. When your T8 muffin meets T10 ships, you just want to scuttle your ship and get out. Especially BBs. SAP is like for ships with paper armour. Ie, dds and below tiered cruisers. Yes they are good against unattentive dd players. Against more attentive ones? Hello fishies.

Sign in to follow this