Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cellum95

Script for Future Video

5 comments in this topic

[PHNAV]
82 posts
7,832 battles

I'm planning to do a video on the general roles of the various ship types. This is my first time to do this sort of thing, so I'm wondering if the script that I've done is sufficient for the topic that I've chosen.

Line 1: Welcome to the video that will do its best in describing what role a ship type is expected to do in a match. I will be doing the general labels, since one nation is specialized in doing one thing than the other which will be covered in a later video. Note that this is a result of observations and actual gameplay experience. Without further ado, let’s get started.

Line 2: Destroyers are generally the stealthiest, fastest, and most maneuverable ships in the game, but also the most vulnerable. With their speed and maneuverability, it is the job of this ship type to capture or deny a capture point, while also doing reconnaissance and harass the enemy fleet. They are also expected to kill enemy destroyers, although some are better than others, which we will be covering in a future video.

Line 3: Cruisers is best summarized as ‘jack-of-all-trades, masters of none.’ They are armored enough to bounce some shells, while having enough firepower to vaporize the health pools of enemy ships. They also have fair to strong anti-aircraft suites that can wreak havoc on the attacking planes’ health pool. They are also fast enough to sneak in to capture or deny caps, although the latter is done more than the former.

Line 4: Battleships is famously defined by their firepower, armor, and large health pools. They have the largest guns compared to the other types, and this is used to slap big damage on enemy ships. While a secondary role, their extensive AA suite can screen the fleet against aircraft when cruisers are too far away to help. Thanks to their armor and large HP pool, they are expected to bare the brunt of the enemies’ fire, allowing other ships to safely engage the enemy fleet with minimal repercussions.

Line 5: Aircraft Carriers are, obviously, defined by their strike crafts. They are expected to spot the enemy for the team, while swooping in to deal harassing damage to soften the enemy and disrupt their concentration. They are also expected to protect their teammates against enemy aircraft by using their fighters.

Line 6: Those the general roles that the ship types in World of Warships are expected to do. If you like this video, please like this video and to share with all your friends. If you like to put your own cent on each type’s roles, please comment down below.

[-CAT-]
2,513 posts
11,618 battles

Line 6: Submarines (They are coming anyway)

Line 7: General Roles

Line 8: Sub class (Heavy Cruiser, Light Cruiser, CLAA, Large Cruiser, Battleship, Battlecruiser, Destroyers, Torpedo Boats, Gun Boats)

Line 9: Nation Gimmick (Especially Pan-Asia and the Deep Water Torp Noob mistakes.)

Edited by S0und_Theif

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

2. I think you need to split the Destroyers, torp boat or gun boat. Better if you can add the hybrid ones.

Some gun boats are not expected to cap early.

3. Again you need to split them Light cruiser and Heavy cruisers.

Light cruisers can't bounce most of shells. Even from heavy cruiser fire.

Lower tier heavy cruiser also the same. Maybe just Furutaka is an exception.

Cruisers are known as island waifu lovers.

5. I never expect my CV to protecc, they just want to snacc.

I say it beforehand before someone getting too demanding about it. Or disappointed by the fighter performance.

1,448 posts
6,173 battles
1 hour ago, Brunswickz said:

2. I think you need to split the Destroyers, torp boat or gun boat. Better if you can add the hybrid ones.

Some gun boats are not expected to cap early.

3. Again you need to split them Light cruiser and Heavy cruisers.

Light cruisers can't bounce most of shells. Even from heavy cruiser fire.

Lower tier heavy cruiser also the same. Maybe just Furutaka is an exception.

Cruisers are known as island waifu lovers.

5. I never expect my CV to protecc, they just want to snacc.

I say it beforehand before someone getting too demanding about it. Or disappointed by the fighter performance.

Some of the cruisers are island-hugging in deed, however some of them prefer kiting and gunning on open water with their flat shell ballistics. However the differences between the two aspects of gameplay do not become significant until around Tier 6.

Besides the differences of hull plating, light cruisers usually enjoys higher DPM output but have to spend usually 4 of the first 10 captain skill points on the vital skill of IFHE first to "unlock" their potential. Also heavy cruisers have more chances to use their AP shells and deliver more powerful Alpha strike.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,531 battles

This thread had made me come to realise how varied the ship lines have become.

Like the DDs can easily be split into the traditional torpedo DDs and the gunboat DDs.

Cruisers can be split into CAs and CLs. Some cruisers are island huggers while others like the Henri are more than happy to engage in open water and burn BBs down at a distance.

Sign in to follow this