Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Yorktown and other CVs (Support CVs soon?)

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,751
Member
3,694 posts
7,459 battles

Do you like aircrafts that can drop Smoke and/or use Hydro/Radar and/or capture bases?

Because that's what WG are thinking about.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[LBAS]
Member
2,602 posts
12,653 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

Do you like aircrafts that can drop Smoke and/or use Hydro/Radar and/or capture bases?

Because that's what WG are thinking about.

Either Planes dropping extra Consumables like in Rogue wave, Healing Rockets or even Healing Torpedoes, heck, why not Healing Dive Bombers as well  :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[LBAS]
Member
2,602 posts
12,653 battles
2 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Would WG make anti-submarine CVs?

All CVs are Anti Subs, probably the 2nd CV Line (Support CVs)

 

CVLs are probably experts of the ASW, Like Long Island and Bogue.

 

Hornet is presumably and Odd Tier, Soryu as well, Akagi is questionable (Since her last appearance is at Close Alpha, with Shinano)

 

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[-CAT-]
Member
910 posts
8,287 battles

It's not a perfect idea, but I tried my best to fit most of the ships in a Tech Tree. As well as set up some of the play style, gimmicks, and some vague stats.

Ree-work version.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[STEIN]
Member
128 posts
10,699 battles
Just now, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Soviet CVs were confirmed to date as well, Sub said during a Q&A.

...Soviet CV

SS Imaginous.

They will drop Kremlin instead bombs, and able to launch planes while submerged.

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
Member
3,694 posts
7,459 battles

May I remind you that RIP Bogue.

RIP Bogue. Your ridiculous squadron loadouts will not be forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
401
[SMOKE]
Member
1,226 posts
12,937 battles

so if they had sub, then they add support CV, just how many slot are left for surface ships, so fewer ships to worried about, fewer ships to deal with, no where to hide , plane will always spot you now it will be like eternally spotted. CV happy , everyone else not .. should the game now be allocated a 15 vs 15 / 16 vs 16 instead ... already too few light force for too many guns ( and BTW, the guns still refuse even to move up front )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
889 posts
3,801 battles
3 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

All CVs are Anti Subs, probably the 2nd CV Line (Support CVs)

 

CVLs are probably experts of the ASW, Like Long Island and Bogue.

 

Hornet is presumably and Odd Tier, Soryu as well, Akagi is questionable (Since her last appearance is at Close Alpha, with Shinano)

 

I recall there are many proposals about how to implement Shinano (as a CV converted from the hull of Yamato-class rather than an "improved-Yamato" battleship) in game, many of which date back to the RTS CV period.

About IJN Akagi it is certain that we have to find some suitable feature/gimmick for her...

About Bogue... sigh. I have once came across a Fan-art work about her on Pixiv. Bogue is participating and heavily engaged in a heated 8 vs 8 T4 Ranked Sprint battle and she has already reached Rank 2... in her dream. In reality she has been away from us for 234 days (as for September 22th 2019 when the work was created). "I miss her during these days while she is away", commented the original artist.

(A T4 Ranked Sprint IRL may be plagued by Iwakis and Nicolais perhaps?)

Soviet shipbuilding industries did make several CV studies from the 1920s to the 1950s and it would be possible to create a line under the current system.

Training vessel Komsomolets conversation, Izmail, Kronshtadt and Chapayev conversation and Post-war studies in the 1950s known as Pr.85.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[-CAT-]
Member
910 posts
8,287 battles

Some may already know this series, but I will put them here for others to watch.

History Channel's Battle 360. USS Enteprise story.

10 Episodes (Episode 8 will make you shed your manly tears. As well as raise your spirits that nobody gets left behind. For Ice Cream)

 

In the seas, in the skies, and in the ocean depths. That is what we will have to deal with once submarines are released.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[LBAS]
Member
2,602 posts
12,653 battles

Soviet CVs had their own hybrids in reply to the Japanese version of Ise and US Navy of that of Yorktown and Lexington.

Image result for soviet Battlecarrier

 

 

Spoiler

Image result for ISE kai ni battlecarrier

Image result for hyuuga kai ni

As for Ise, becoming a BattleCarrier hybrid and the first Ship to have such armaments that of a CV and a BB merge to one.

Several plans are also made as well for the Iowa Carrier and the Jean Bart 1946 Conversion:

Image result for iowa carrier class

Jean Bart "A"

Image result for aircraft carrier jean bart

 

1945 USN Plan Carrier:

Image result for aircraft carrier jean bart

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
889 posts
3,801 battles

I have came across a post about Soviet CV/CVL projects earlier this year perhaps at the time when Soviet Project 82 Large Cruiser Stalingrad were introduced into WsGR on National Geography Azeroth about planned Soviet large ships besides some of the most well-known ones like Sovetsky Soyuz or Stalingrad. Though that post cannot be found currently, some memory remains. Besides I have also read about that topic from an article series posted on somewhere else... All the names are proposed by myself.

T4: Komsomolets

The Soviets have considered to convert a training vessel into an experimental CVL in the 1920s. 15kts, 42 aircrafts.

T6: Chkalov

Project 71 CVL based on the hull of Project 68 Chapayev-class CL.

T8: Not sure yet, though Izmail conversation or Kronshtadt conversation both seem possible.

T10: Orel

Project 85 CV from the post-war period.

However aircrafts would be a problem like the German CV. Would have to resort to inventions like how Ta-152 and J5N can be used on carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[LBAS]
Member
2,602 posts
12,653 battles
2 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I have came across a post about Soviet CV/CVL projects earlier this year perhaps at the time when Soviet Project 82 Large Cruiser Stalingrad were introduced into WsGR on National Geography Azeroth about planned Soviet large ships besides some of the most well-known ones like Sovetsky Soyuz or Stalingrad. Though that post cannot be found currently, some memory remains. Besides I have also read about that topic from an article series posted on somewhere else... All the names are proposed by myself.

T4: Komsomolets

The Soviets have considered to convert a training vessel into an experimental CVL in the 1920s. 15kts, 42 aircrafts.

T6: Chkalov

Project 71 CVL based on the hull of Project 68 Chapayev-class CL.

T8: Not sure yet, though Izmail conversation or Kronshtadt conversation both seem possible.

T10: Orel

Project 85 CV from the post-war period.

However aircrafts would be a problem like the German CV. Would have to resort to inventions like how Ta-152 and J5N can be used on carriers.

From a Q&A Sub said there will be Jet Aircraft, as a matter of time, after SUb testing, they had to plans for the 2nd CV Line and for the Jet aircrafts.

 

 

 

 

 

Graf Zeppelin had ME262 Attack Aircrafts and several jet bombers planned on her on 1944.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,848
[TLS]
Member
3,071 posts
18,476 battles

NCC-1701 coming when?

Honestly, I don't expect much anymore from wg. Maybe it is time to sell my account to the highest bidder.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
796
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
9,424 battles

It's highly unlikely there will be any odd tier CV's, or support CV's in the foreseeable future.  This is the official dev response from the most recent Q&A (two months ago):

Q: Hallo Sub. I would like to know if Tier 5/7/9 CVs are in the works? I actually think WG should just make premium CVs odd tiers so that they can be blatantly better than the tech tree CVs but not as powerful as the T10s.

A: No, they are not.

Q: Any news on the support CV line?

A: No news. Please don't expect them anytime soon, we're into submarines in terms of new gameplay at the moment.

 

Seems pretty categorical to me - as much as I'd love to see new CV's.  Sort out Indomitable and release it please!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
889 posts
3,801 battles
5 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

From a Q&A Sub said there will be Jet Aircraft, as a matter of time, after SUb testing, they had to plans for the 2nd CV Line and for the Jet aircrafts.

 

 

 

 

 

Graf Zeppelin had ME262 Attack Aircrafts and several jet bombers planned on her on 1944.

In the earliest days of the game there are jet aircrafts aboard both Midway and Hakuryu I remember? So they are going to bring them back in the 5th year of the game...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[LBAS]
Member
2,602 posts
12,653 battles
1 minute ago, Moggytwo said:

ISeems pretty categorical to me - as much as I'd love to see new CV's.  Sort out Indomitable and release it please!!

Indomitable had been on Testing hell, i still wonder why she isn't out yet, but dear, i want to see her or she could be even on the Shipbuilding function soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[LBAS]
Member
2,602 posts
12,653 battles
Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

In the earliest days of the game there are jet aircrafts aboard both Midway and Hakuryu I remember? So they are going to bring them back in the 5th year of the game...

the Kikka and the F2H? yeah i can forsee that. they're coming in the game soon after the Submarine done.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[LBAS]
Member
2,602 posts
12,653 battles
11 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

 

T10: Orel

Project 85 CV from the post-war period.

Kremlin-class Battleship Conversion

 

:Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[-CAT-]
Member
910 posts
8,287 battles
43 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

It's highly unlikely there will be any odd tier CV's, or support CV's in the foreseeable future.  This is the official dev response from the most recent Q&A (two months ago):

 

Seems pretty categorical to me - as much as I'd love to see new CV's.  Sort out Indomitable and release it please!!

But also note that WG said they will not have submarines 2 years ago, as they don't fit in the game.

So take what WG said with a little grain of salt. (Maybe a mountain of salt.)

For now, no. In the future, maybe.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
796
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
9,424 battles
4 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

For now, no. In the future, maybe.

I totally agree, they may well add them in the future.  The way they talked about it though, I think the very earliest we could possibly see them would be mid-late next year, after subs have been added and gone through plenty of balance iterations.  That doesn't mean they would do them then, that's just the earliest they could do them.  They'd have to see an appreciable game play benefit to them before they considered it.

9 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Indomitable had been on Testing hell, i still wonder why she isn't out yet, but dear, i want to see her or she could be even on the Shipbuilding function soon.

Yeah, once they did the great engine boost nerf, Indomitable was basically ruined.  They haven't done anything on it since then, so who knows when they'll be motivated to start up development on it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,483
[MRI]
Member
2,716 posts
13,012 battles
2 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

 

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/history/midway-duel-of-aircraft/

6cc3ef6a-0066-11ea-8dad-38eaa7374f3c_1200x.jpg

Hmmm,

Image result for wows Yorktown

Image result for changes to Carriers wows

 

Is this Hinting us for the support CVs, even Hiryu was in the list, Any more hints/ideas?

14709e58-68a5-11e8-afb7-38eaa7374f3c_1200x.jpg

The article was probably to tie-in with the new Midway film. Unlikely to have any bigger meaning than that.

We have subs otw, so I am pretty sure new CV lines are not coming anytime soon.

Besides the whole idea of support CVs dropping smoke and putting out fires with aircraft sounds ridiculous. As much as like CVs, I would rather not having the old CVs returning in such a role.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
Member
3,694 posts
7,459 battles
8 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

The article was probably to tie-in with the new Midway film. Unlikely to have any bigger meaning than that.

8 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Besides the whole idea of support CVs dropping smoke and putting out fires with aircraft sounds ridiculous.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×