You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

CV experts

74 comments in this topic

[SH0T]
1,148 posts
11,077 battles

OK everyone. from now on, unless you have played CV's you arent aloud to talk about them, you dont know anything about them, and you certainly have NO right to an opinion on them.

Any issues or thoughts you may have on CV's are wrong.

That is all.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[CN_70]
5,427 posts
22,361 battles
14 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

OK everyone. from now on, unless you have played CV's you arent aloud to talk about them, you dont know anything about them, and you certainly have NO right to an opinion on them.

That is all.

you refuse to listen to facts or to use facts to back up your argument, you refuse to believe in the experience of other players and brand them biased, you meet factual logical arguments with insults and slurs

and then to top it all off, you don't even try to play or understand the class from the other side of the coin before demonizing them

did you actually expect us to agree with you?

Edited by drakon233
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

391 posts
5,078 battles

To some extent I agree with you. While I do not like full generalizations there are many players in the WoWs community who blindly complain about a class in a factually incorrect manner, making a complete mockery of themselves in the face of people who are extensively experienced with the topic material. It is even worse when said players defend their blind opinions as fact even when they are blatantly incorrect. Many complaints about carriers now would not be relevant if people were simply experienced with playing them and knowing the actual experience.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

• Cool 3

[CLAY]
1,655 posts
9,569 battles
39 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

That is all.

Can I complain about the fact that I CAN"T play CV since the rework because the new controls require speed which my connection just can't manage?

Also, this entire thread. Is it facetious? I'm notoriously bad at picking up stuff like that in text.

[PANTS]
Super Tester
64 posts
8,445 battles
3 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Can I complain about the fact that I CAN"T play CV since the rework because the new controls require speed which my connection just can't manage?

Also, this entire thread. Is it facetious? I'm notoriously bad at picking up stuff like that in text.

May I know how much ping you usually get? I know guys that plays new CV well from Aus 

[CLAY]
1,655 posts
9,569 battles
Just now, _buki said:

May I know how much ping you usually get? I know guys that plays new CV well from Aus 

300 to 500 usually. I live out in the wilds of regional Victoria, not in a town, only internet available is Satellite Broadband.

[REPOI]
Super Tester
1,062 posts
11,573 battles
3 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

300 to 500 usually. I live out in the wilds of regional Victoria, not in a town, only internet available is Satellite Broadband.

With that ping nothing will save you I'm afraid. Rework CVs require low ping specifically because of how time-sensitive the drops are (its basically near impossible to perform good drops on moving targets with high ping).

[PANTS]
Super Tester
64 posts
8,445 battles

Aw that's really bad.I already can't have fun on days I get 200ms to NA server. Kudos to you 

[CLAY]
1,655 posts
9,569 battles
11 minutes ago, stratmania said:

With that ping nothing will save you I'm afraid. Rework CVs require low ping specifically because of how time-sensitive the drops are (its basically near impossible to perform good drops on moving targets with high ping).

9 minutes ago, _buki said:

Aw that's really bad.I already can't have fun on days I get 200ms to NA server. Kudos to you 

Yeah, basically resigned myself to not playing CV until broadband improves dramatically (not holding breath), or I move to an area with better internet.

Because I usually have a steady, constant ping, I can still manage the other classes fine. Slight delays in response, but due to the slower nature of the game compared to other games, It still works. I just imagine that the delay is the time it takes the crew to respond to my command. If I ever get better net, my skill will probably increase somewhat.

At least at the moment I can still blame slow connection rather than just being bad 😛

Anyway. I have now proved that I can still comment in this thread despite not playing CV.

Grygus Out.

3,244 posts
6,880 battles
Spoiler

@dejiko_nyo prepare the popcorn airstrikes. The heavily SALTED kind.

Anyway, back to the thread.

Opinions are as valid as opinions can get (which is pretty much non-existent). Calling a ban for something because you don't like it is as mature as it gets (which is not mature at all).

Trying to persuade someone who doesn't want to read argument/evidence/proof/other opinions, etc. is pointless and ya'll should know better than to reply with argument/evidence/proof/other opinions.

Not that the 'yes' crowd has only the agreeable kind.

Anyway... #bringbackRTSCVs

Edited by Paladinum

[LNA]
1,980 posts
12,358 battles

I don't know why the guy make a new thread. Please enlight me because i see nothing but ego on a car dropping from a hill.

• Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[-ISO-]
807 posts
5,688 battles

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Got it? Opinions. It's not a fact. But if OP meant to refer to some fact misleading or making a false information, then yes not just anyone can do it. Fact relies on observation or research while opinion is based on assumption. This is why we shouldn't put the word "The fact is...." above an opinion. Because that can mislead or confuse someone who read it. 

There's nothing wrong with someone who expresses an opinion. If OP feels like it's too offensive to him and can trigger his ego, he still have the rights to ignore it.

• Cool 3

1,169 posts
2 hours ago, dieselhead said:

That is all.

You have a right to talk aloud about your opinion...

But its also our right to deny your opinion.

Hail CV

----------------------------------

*KRI Silliwangi NEED BUFF or i wont give damn about this game anymore.

• Cool 1

[PANTS]
Super Tester
64 posts
8,445 battles

Opinions are thoughts based on facts, opinions based on wrong facts are as valuable as farts 
No one is stopping other from having them, but they are just worthless.
 0 x N is 0 whatsoever 

[MRI]
2,351 posts
12,170 battles

I suspect this thread was directed at me lol. I am touched. I believe this is the first time I triggered someone so much until they created a tantrum thread. :crab:

5 hours ago, dieselhead said:

This hyperbole is hilarious. Doubly so coming from the same person who said this:

13 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Walk a mile in my shoes then come talk to me about who I am as a person. Until then STFU.

You have never played a game of CVs but that didn't stop you from insulting those who play CVs and dismissing them as biased. And when I pointed out your hypocrisy you got so triggered. I guess you didn't like the taste of your medicine huh? Talk about not being able to practice what you preach.

Look mate, let's get this straight. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion, but just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it is a good or well-informed one. And while you are free to have as many shitty opinions as you like, other people are equally free to call them out for what they are - shitty opinions. If you don't like that, then don't post on a public forum. This is the Internet - the great marketplace of ideas am I right? :Smile_smile:

Don't post an idea or opinion if they are unable to withstand public scrutiny. Learn how to defend your arguments with facts, evidence and experience. Not with lies, exaggerations and insults. Then maybe people will respect your opinion. They may not agree with it, but at least they will respect it. Because that is how civil discourse works.

4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

4 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

I don't know why the guy make a new thread. Please enlight me because i see nothing but ego on a car dropping from a hill.

Probably to divert attention from the other thread where he made a fool of himself and basically admitted he is biased against CVs and will never change his mind, among other hilarious events.

I just find it amusing that the same guy who boasted in another thread that he would never be hurt by mere words would get so triggered that he would create a tantrum thread. :Smile_child:

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, or something like that.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[-BRO-]
499 posts
10,810 battles

Does this mean he'll finally stop banging on about it?

[CN_70]
5,427 posts
22,361 battles
13 hours ago, _buki said:

Opinions are thoughts based on facts, opinions based on wrong facts are as valuable as farts 
No one is stopping other from having them, but they are just worthless.
 0 x N is 0 whatsoever 

dont sell farts too short, even methane can be used as fuel

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[REPOI]
13 posts
12,432 battles

you don't need to be a chef to have opinion about food.

you don't need to be a CV player to have opinion about CVs.

• Cool 4

[TLS]
2,424 posts
17,927 battles
6 hours ago, SakamotoCat said:

you don't need to be a chef to have opinion about food.

you don't need to be a CV player to have opinion about CVs.

Correct.

But would you trust a snob that writes a tabloid column who has no clue how a rendang is supposed to be cooked or take your personal pick of good chefs? 

• Funny 4

[MRI]
2,351 posts
12,170 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Correct.

But would you trust a snob that writes a tabloid column who has no clue how a rendang is supposed to be cooked or take your personal pick of good chefs? 

Also, would you trust that tabloid column writer to know about the health facts of a rendang over a proper nutritionist?

• Funny 2

[BZ]
702 posts
19,634 battles

I may have stumbled into the wrong forum...

• Funny 2

3,244 posts
6,880 battles
10 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Also, would you trust that tabloid column writer to know about the health facts of a rendang over a proper nutritionist?

Tabloid writers don't know anything, and nutritionists can be bought by rendang manufacturers.

Why are we talking about rendang?

Edited by Paladinum

330 posts
9,323 battles
On 11/6/2019 at 12:29 AM, dieselhead said:

That is all.

Carriers can send 100 planes at you and still continue to attack you, it is the ONLY ship in the game that can survive the whole game and play shit all game and still play. You don't even need to make a mistake in the other ships, if the CV just keeps you spotted and throws 45 Planes that you shoot down you will not last 10 minutes.

It is the only ship that Potato's can play every day and have a 20 minute game every game at Tier 10 and have a winrate of around 35%.  This is why there are haters about CV players and why so many people have quit the game.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

[KAMI]
1,106 posts
10,764 battles
14 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Carriers can send 100 planes at you and still continue to attack you, it is the ONLY ship in the game that can survive the whole game and play shit all game and still play. You don't even need to make a mistake in the other ships, if the CV just keeps you spotted and throws 45 Planes that you shoot down you will not last 10 minutes.

love the exaggeration