Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Phantom_Yamato

AIRCRAFT Carriers

128 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,738
Member
3,657 posts
7,451 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Why the detonation mechanic still exists in WoWs I have no idea.

"Fun and engaging"

"Equate player skill"

And of course "historically accurate"

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,812
[TLS]
Member
3,018 posts
18,435 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

The second one is impossible too unless it is via detonation, in which case the issue lies with the detonation mechanic, not with CVs.

Why the detonation mechanic still exists in WoWs I have no idea.

HMS Hood.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[-CAT-]
Member
887 posts
8,221 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Why the detonation mechanic still exists in WoWs I have no idea.

@Paladinum 's Histrically Accurate and @dejiko_nyo 's HMS Hood = ✔️

 

Our weapons have improved technologically, but we still use the same basic principle since its introduction in the 9th century.

A primer / fuse, A powdered propellant, and the Projectile (Bullet / Shell) and / or Warhead (Rocket / Missile).

Unless we can do away with the powdered propellant, there is no way to prevent catastrophic detonation.

 

There are currently only 2 weapons I can think of that will cause minimal damage to a ship if their weapon explodes. (Compartment damage or Area Damage. But the ship will not explode into a mushroom cloud of doom)

Rail Gun - Uses electro magnet(s) to propell the projectile. The battery is the danger. If damaged, it will explode but not enough to sink your ship.

Air Cannon - Uses compressed air to propell the projectile. The air tank is the  danger. If damaged, it will explode but not enough to sink your ship. It will cause fire though. (One of the 3 ingredients to start a fire)

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
255
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
788 posts
5,773 battles
17 時間前、S0und_Theif の発言:

Submarine theme = Jaws

Jaws VII = Destroyers: the never ending workload pandemic?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
255
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
788 posts
5,773 battles
18 時間前、S0und_Theif の発言:

CV theme = Green Hornet

I think for THIS OP (and to certain D*head), the CV theme = The Birds (the Alfred Hitchcock one)

Edited by spixys
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,958
[REPOI]
Member
5,569 posts
23,136 battles

yeah... no

 

theree are only 2 things can result in a oneshot on a DD at the start of the game

 

either you ate more than 2 full drops from a CV's TBs, which is your own problem, it's really not hard to dodge torps (most of the time) in a DD unless you're playing something that is slow as molasses and turns like a truck, and the only DD that fits that description that comes to mind is Friesland, and that thing has AA that can melt even audacious planes. 

or you detonated, which is more RNG giving you the middle finger and your own fault for not mounting detoflags on a DD

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,958
[REPOI]
Member
5,569 posts
23,136 battles
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
11 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Not like a CV player has spread lies and misinformation have they? 

 

Wonder why it keeps coming up? Hmmm

haven't we already asserted months ago that you were the one with a habit of lying and twisting half-truths to your advantage? if you want to talk about hypocrisy I can still dig up that old post...

 

the reason DDs keep complaining about CVs is they don't know how to play against them, there are no good publicly available guides from them and WG makes no attempt to teach them how to counter CVs, the only "good" ones I would recommend are limited to NA forum posts and very few youtube videos, none of which your average pleb has easy access or the willingness to go search for.

 
 
 
 
 
 
4
7 hours ago, dieselhead said:

CV players 1 minute: "DD is fine, JuSTdoDgE"

CV players next minute:"why cant DD have Kremlin level of AA?". "I was just out making DD life miserable", "If i want to kill a DD then I will, nothing DD can do about it".

You mean that level of dishonesty?

Hypocrisy level 1000...............

i think that DDs are fine against rockets since in the time it takes to whittle one down the other CV has had much more of an impact on the game, one other person here dosnt(yes i know who it is you are refering to), and while i dont think he is correct, i can see where he's coming from. but then again, dont try to twist whatever we say when you dont even know what you are talking about

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[REPOI]
Super Tester
129 posts
12,368 battles

No no no no no

Revert CVs back to RTS so the Boys(TM) could go out and have fun again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,812
[TLS]
Member
3,018 posts
18,435 battles
42 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Rail Gun - Uses electro magnet(s) to propell the projectile. The battery is the danger. If damaged, it will explode but not enough to sink your ship.

You get a Samsung Galaxy 7 disaster. >_>

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,958
[REPOI]
Member
5,569 posts
23,136 battles
 
 
 
 
2 minutes ago, AmanoHinaChan said:

No no no no no

Revert CVs back to RTS so the Boys(TM) could go out and have fun again

so that you can go get your ass kicked by them fishing divs, then run crying to find a AA div to fish them back?

 

i think not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,738
Member
3,657 posts
7,451 battles
3 minutes ago, AmanoHinaChan said:

No no no no no

Revert CVs back to RTS so the Boys(TM) could go out and have fun again

Yes please.

 

Just now, drakon233 said:

so that you can go get your ass kicked by them fishing divs, then run crying to find a AA div to fish them back?

 

i think not

Oh please. I would rather be literally one-shot and play another ship than being annoyed the entire match and have my ship's HP being chipped away slowly. Leave that to the HE spammers and RN CLs.

Reworked CVs? I have never seen so many trashy features come together in one place.

Only the reworked AA mechanic matters, actual CV gameplay? LOL

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles

Drakon you just assume Im a liar and twist half truths. Thats just your perspective vs mine. No different to you saying just now you think DD's are fine against rockets since the other CV has done more dmg. How does that help the DD you just shit on?

How to play against CV in a DD? In the words of a CV player or 2, "just dodge" wasnt it?

CV caused detonations are up since recently, mostly from torpedoes for some reason in my experience. Mind you I havent had one for a while so it may have been a bug.

BTW, next time youre in Australia you should look me up, come tell me Im a liar etc to my face. I enjoy that kind of thing hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,958
[REPOI]
Member
5,569 posts
23,136 battles
 
 
 
1
Just now, Paladinum said:

Yes please.

 

Oh please. I would rather be literally one-shot and play another ship than being annoyed the entire match and have my ship's HP being chipped away slowly. Leave that to the HE spammers and RN CLs.

Reworked CVs? I have never seen so many trashy features come together in one place.

Only the reworked AA mechanic matters, actual CV gameplay? LOL

i kinda like the new CV system, even in surface ship

back then to counter CVs it was easy, spec full AA and press turn on DFAA in a AA ship, boom you are immune to CVs, you can literally counter the most skilled unicum in the game with a single press of a button 

now it's much harder for them to kill you in a CV, surface players don't have option of a one-click skill button and you need to learn the game mechanics to counterplay them

 

honestly, this is one of the few times I've seen a dev trying to balance 2 sides of a coin by making them equally unhappy. CV players hate how much control they lost compared the RTS playstyle and surface players complain because they need to play around CVs now instead of picking between being able to full counter or to just accept their fate and getting straight-up killed. while im also kinda sad to see my full AA wooster and mino go i think that this is a good change in pace for the game from a pure gameplay balancing perspective 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,958
[REPOI]
Member
5,569 posts
23,136 battles
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

Drakon you just assume Im a liar and twist half truths. Thats just your perspective vs mine. No different to you saying just now you think DD's are fine against rockets since the other CV has done more dmg. How does that help the DD you just shit on?

How to play against CV in a DD? In the words of a CV player or 2, "just dodge" wasnt it?

CV caused detonations are up since recently, mostly from torpedoes for some reason in my experience. Mind you I havent had one for a while so it may have been a bug.

BTW, next time youre in Australia you should look me up, come tell me Im a liar etc to my face. I enjoy that kind of thing hahaha.

i dont "assume",  how many times have you pull out actual proof to back up what you say? in that last post where you actually tried to headbutt me did you not get shamed in front of the whole damn forum for lying? 

also "fight me IRL bro" is literally the online version of a white flag in an argument, although to be fair resorting to physical violence is exactly what i would assume a character would do... 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[KAMI]
Member
220 posts
4,309 battles

The only thing I want to say right now is, please don't embarrass your fellow countrymen by bringing your country into it.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

i kinda like the new CV system, even in surface ship

back then to counter CVs it was easy, spec full AA and press turn on DFAA in a AA ship, boom you are immune to CVs, you can literally counter the most skilled unicum in the game with a single press of a button 

now it's much harder for them to kill you in a CV, surface players don't have option of a one-click skill button and you need to learn the game mechanics to counterplay them

 

honestly, this is one of the few times I've seen a dev trying to balance 2 sides of a coin by making them equally unhappy. CV players hate how much control they lost compared the RTS playstyle and surface players complain because they need to play around CVs now instead of picking between being able to full counter or to just accept their fate and getting straight-up killed. while im also kinda sad to see my full AA wooster and mino go i think that this is a good change in pace for the game from a pure gameplay balancing perspective 

Trouble is, its a CV more often than every battle. You barely get a break from being perma spotted in a BB. At least you rarely had a CV before and they could just fight each other. Sometimes you won sometimes you lost. 

At least DFAA did something back then, now its a waste of a slot in most cases. Also why did all the good AA ships pre rework become mediocre AA ships now? Oh and surprise surprise the Groz has OP AA now?

A good change in pace? How is it balanced? CV to CV maybe. CV to surface ship its massively one sided. The CV can attack you while you do what? Try DFAA? Bunch up behind an island with everyone else? CV's just turned into seagulls scabbing kills off players that actually earnt them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,958
[REPOI]
Member
5,569 posts
23,136 battles
2 minutes ago, Verytis said:

The only thing I want to say right now is, please don't embarrass your fellow countrymen by bringing your country into it.

reminds me of the time that he said something along the lines of "MY country" , when i reposted it to discord one of my malaysian friends was scared shitless at the though that they share the same nationality, we still haven't stopped teasing him about it 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,738
Member
3,657 posts
7,451 battles

Don't even think I'm good in CVs ever. In the RTS CVs era I was only at most a potato. But I enjoy how they play. And reworked CVs, I don't at all. It felt extremely tedious having to manually control just one squadron and having to control them to a tee. RTS CV control was much simpler, and yet requires training and skills. CVs are a different genre of warships, and reworked CVs play almost like a BB, cruiser or DD.

Why would I play with such tediousness while I can play the game more enjoyably with other ship types?

 

Not to mention the many repercussions that come with completely changing the gameplay of a ship type, most notably for players vs AI modes. Look at all the Operations that haven't come back. What do they all have in common?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
438
[LBAS]
Member
2,594 posts
12,635 battles
23 hours ago, Phantom_Yamato said:

REMOVE Carriers from the game or F**KING fix them so they dont f**king one shot a DD from full HP right at the start of the match

*Mods staring at the distance*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,466
[MRI]
Member
2,687 posts
12,951 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

@Paladinum 's Histrically Accurate and @dejiko_nyo 's HMS Hood = ✔️

 

Our weapons have improved technologically, but we still use the same basic principle since its introduction in the 9th century.

A primer / fuse, A powdered propellant, and the Projectile (Bullet / Shell) and / or Warhead (Rocket / Missile).

Unless we can do away with the powdered propellant, there is no way to prevent catastrophic detonation.

 

There are currently only 2 weapons I can think of that will cause minimal damage to a ship if their weapon explodes. (Compartment damage or Area Damage. But the ship will not explode into a mushroom cloud of doom)

Rail Gun - Uses electro magnet(s) to propell the projectile. The battery is the danger. If damaged, it will explode but not enough to sink your ship.

Air Cannon - Uses compressed air to propell the projectile. The air tank is the  danger. If damaged, it will explode but not enough to sink your ship. It will cause fire though. (One of the 3 ingredients to start a fire)

I am very sure Paladinum and Dejiko were just joking around.

But in case you were being serious, it is very weird for WG to keep that part of realism in a game where repair teams can magically put out fires instantly with the snap of their fingers, and ships can take dozens of damaging hits while suffering no loss to its fighting ability, but somehow spontaneously combusts the moment some arbitrary HP number hits 0. Detonations adds 0 gameplay while just increasing frustration.

1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Oh please. I would rather be literally one-shot and play another ship than being annoyed the entire match and have my ship's HP being chipped away slowly. Leave that to the HE spammers and RN CLs.

Reworked CVs? I have never seen so many trashy features come together in one place.

Only the reworked AA mechanic matters, actual CV gameplay? LOL

That is up to personal preference.  A lot of people were cheering the CV rework simply because it meant they wouldn't be cross-dropped and one-shot anymore.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles

Salty much Drakon? Need a tissue? Or maybe you need to be the big hero know it all again to make you feel better since everyone's opinion but yours is incorrect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,958
[REPOI]
Member
5,569 posts
23,136 battles
 
 
 
 
14 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Salty much Drakon? Need a tissue? Or maybe you need to be the big hero know it all again to make you feel better since everyone's opinion but yours is incorrect.

well hey, i wasnt the one who asked to "fight me irl" cuz of muh hurt feelings now am i?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[REPOI]
Super Tester
129 posts
12,368 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

i kinda like the new CV system, even in surface ship

sure you do

krappa.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,958
[REPOI]
Member
5,569 posts
23,136 battles
 
 
 
 
1 minute ago, AmanoHinaChan said:

sure you do

krappa.png

they are frustrating to play against, but i have to worry about them less in the long run

besides, i don't survive long enough for the CV to get repeated strikes on me so IDC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×