Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mechfori

Soliloquy of a DD Captain

11 comments in this topic

[SMOKE]
2,049 posts
16,262 battles

Team Play , Team Play , its always Team Play ...

What when all BB would sit, sitting at range and sitting far back , sit and sit , sitting far out .. what when ..

Spotting, Spotting its always Spotting

What when Cruiser all would only sail , sail ever at the back , sail, sail, sail ever out wide , sail sail, sail ever  .. but never closing in .. what when , what when ..

Cap , Cap, Cap .. is there anything but always being asked to CAP

What when everyone , every gun would dash to the furthest they can get behind a piece of rock, what when , what when ....

Scout Scout ... scout that enemy DD, scout that enemy CL ...

What when they had the overwhelming fire power and they had the stealth .. what when .. it does not matter .. cause you are but one DD .. what when

Smoke , Smoke,  place a smoke, place a smoke ...

What when .. it matters not you had but limited charges, matters not its on cool down,  matters not you need it for self protection, cause you are but one DD .. what when ..

My Fault, My Fault , My Fault .. ever when I dash out to cap and get killed

My Fault, My Fault, My Fault .. ever when I sail back to nurse my wound

My Fault, My Fault, My Fault, .. ever when I refuse to charge to expose enemy

My Fault, My Fault, My Fault .. ever when I point out that I am not fire bait

My Fault, My Fault, My Fault .. ever when I try to stay alive with only one fifth health left

My Fault, My Fault, My Fault .. ever when , and ever when ..

when I simply refuse to be the scapegoat

when I refuse to be the bait so guns can farm

when I try to play my part and stay alive .. no .. oh pardon .. no .. your life do not matter ..

What when ..

What when ..

its another day just being a DD in play ..

what when

what when

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 4

[KAMI]
460 posts
6,005 battles

Sit just close enough to the front that you're not in huge danger and don't throw your ship away.

The fact that you're still alive can slow, if not deter, the enemy from advancing for a long time. At least until your entire flank is in full retreat or dead.

Just do what you can, but sometimes you might be better off giving up on your flank and try to do something else if its practical.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
1,553 posts

last match they frame me as enemy team spy simply because I refuse to cap

they don't have eyes to see that enemy CV completely dominate this flank and 2 radar ship ready to light me up the moment I dare to cap

I HATE idiot teammate, but I hate broken game even more...

744 posts
19,634 battles

At least you know what your job is.

Now go do your rat job. 

:cap_book:

[ANZAF]
500 posts
6,700 battles

There are 2 sorts of teams. One scouting run will tell you which sort you are on.

For one, your job is simply to spot enemy BBs so your campers can farm damage. The moment you spot a radar ship, if the fire does not redirect, you know for certain your team values you only to spot big ships. They will hang you out to dry. 

Once you spot a BB go no further, it is pointless as hardly any support fire ship will shift from farming that BB. DD in the cap, nah I'm gonna keep farming that BB 19km away.

They will never move up to help you, and will rage as you say. You are interfering with their ability to farm.

Now I just look for the most advantageous place for me and do my own thing, or leave that flank to see if the other side is better. If it is the same on all flanks then I accept that this will be one of those 40% of games where it is pretty much an autoloss. 

The other sort of team is glorious. 

They understand the highest threat ships and will instantly shift fire to radar ships and DDs. 

These teams will support you and follow behind. These are the guys who I have no problem smoking up for, for screening enemy DDs aggressively, because you know they have your back. 

For these teams I don't care if I get zero damage, it doesn't matter. They support you so well these are the games you get 200k spotting. 

Sometimes you get both sorts on the one team, you just have to figure out which flank the good players are on and work with them. The others can go root themselves.

• Cool 3

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,336 posts
11,162 battles
On 11/3/2019 at 10:55 AM, Bex_o7 said:

At least you know what your job is.

Now go do your rat job. 

:cap_book:

As a DD main I feel I should be offended - yet all I can do is laugh at this comment.  That is pretty much what you have to do! Get over your frustration quickly, try and work out what you did wrong, then get on with your job! 

Welcome to the life of a DD! 

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,049 posts
16,262 battles
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

As a DD main I feel I should be offended - yet all I can do is laugh at this comment.  That is pretty much what you have to do! Get over your frustration quickly, try and work out what you did wrong, then get on with your job! 

Welcome to the life of a DD! 

Same sentiment here , as the game meta changes, the GUNS and I mean mostly BB / Super Cruiser / CA but also some CL and even some Gunboat DD are ever slugging shells at mid to long range and stay that way almost entire game , and they simply hold the mentality of " one for all and all for one " , clearly thinking all DD should be the one in the former and placing they themselves clearly as the one on the latter ... they really do not understand if you do not support the DD up front and up close; then there will be no more DD real soon ... as a DD main , my take is my life and my play is no more and no less important or contributing as that of any others in the team and if people are all sitting , hiding, only sniping and farming , never position themselves to be able to take advantage of a spotting, of a position that can help the vanguard , but only in position where they can keep their fresh paint fresh ... then there is no sense the vanguard should do anything risky to support .. survival is always no.1 priority on any vanguard ships.

I always tell them , the guns, that if they want the cap so bad, the spotting so bad, the ... whatever .. then come forth, fight a battle, and actually formation, and team play with us on the front .. Hmmm .. no, then do not cry fault if I decide to abandon you ; you who know only to sit far , sit way back, sit way out , in a position that's tactically practically impractical, only so you can snipe, farm and do damage when using others in the team as bait to draw enemy out .. NO .. 

I've since made it a habit to specifically do not support any guns who had shown such unwillingness to actually support the team .. well .. if the guy is so hell bend on not working together then so be it .. he/she can had it. Just do not cry fault and keep asking others to do this, do that ... those who do not help others had no rights to demand any

Edited by Mechfori

[SMOKE]
2,049 posts
16,262 battles
7 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

With or without CV, DD was always the scum of the fleet.

Embrace it or give up and play cruisers.

This is exactly the kind of selfish me only big gun mentality at play .. No .. this is a game no one player is above and beyond another on a team - no one is or should be treated as such .. It had nothing to do with CV its only a player exhibiting gaming sportsmanship and teamplay or rather lack of it in your saying 

Its no wonder why the disconnection between the light force and yhr big guns are ever widening more and more these days when part of that clearly had to do with the game itself it must be said that a large part of that also is thid display of me only big gun way of playing a TEAM or should I say anyi teaming way of play

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
2019/11/3 に 午前1時34分 に、Mechfori の発言:

What when all BB would sit, sitting at range and sitting far back , sit and sit , sitting far out .. what when ..

And when the enemy advance, they are all dead, leaving their enemy with 90% hp, so that I can ended up as 2nd top exp of the team via burning down one enemy BB...:Smile_hiding:

It happens about 5% of my total random matches.

[HMAS]
41 posts
18,235 battles

Sometimes,  rarely,  it goes well.

I was in Kagero, had a cruiser following 6k behind, spotted enemy BB, he sets on fire, I drop torps, dead BB.  Rinse and repeat down that flank to cap.  No chat required, just a couple of players in sync.

Compliments at match end.

The 90% of absolutely appalling play, the AFK, the obvious farmers is sometimes balanced by good matches.

I have spent approx two three weeks away, If you are not enjoying the game take a break and see if the interest rekindled.

Sign in to follow this