Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ContraXY

will it fun to have a death match mode?

11 comments in this topic

[TQL]
43 posts
3,609 battles

both sides reborn and exp is calculated as normal. this mode is very common in fps and tps games. maybe we can have it in wows?

Edited by ContraXY
  • Cool 2

4,360 posts
8,333 battles

They tried it in April Fool this year, but they should try it without any objective.

But there is the element of 'service cost', so they can't go and just let people respawn at will without some penalty. People can rack up massive damage count per battle, which could break the economy (which is seemingly not something of high priority for WG). Also spawn sniping/camping, which makes things harder.

Anyway, respawning mode in a team v team game is always a plus.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[SMOKE]
1,765 posts
15,242 battles

No respawn death match like PUBG style might be better , restricted to same type of ship for CL, CA, and BB, CB not allowed unless WG classify them off as separate , DD not possible with this mode ( too much variety ), CV also not viable.

Edited by Mechfori

[TQL]
43 posts
3,609 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

They tried it in April Fool this year, but they should try it without any objective.

But there is the element of 'service cost', so they can't go and just let people respawn at will without some penalty. People can rack up massive damage count per battle, which could break the economy (which is seemingly not something of high priority for WG). Also spawn sniping/camping, which makes things harder.

Anyway, respawning mode in a team v team game is always a plus.

that event is really fun, and more enjoyable than twilight for me.

[FORCE]
2,031 posts
10,995 battles

I'd rather take a battle royale mode. Here are the outlines:

- 4 teams with 3 players each.

- Map area will shrink down continuously in order to prevent the static/camping meta.

- Each players will have a fixed amount of rewards based on the end results regardless the kill or damage count (top team gets the biggest income, all players in the same team get same rewards).

- Playable with divisions of 2 or 3 players.

- No usual objectives found in Randoms. It would be 100% "kill or be killed".

There are some conditions of course which are strictly enforced by the in-game mechanics for the sake of balancing:

- No multiple ships of the same type allowed in each team (1 BB + 1 CA/CB/CL + 1 DD, no CV & SS). This may result in longer queue times, but who cares?

- Only 1 tier bracket. This could help lessening the effect of the long queue times. Or just have it run on one certain tier to bottleneck the queue.

- Legendary Commanders' talents (e.g. Yamamoto's superheal after Kraken) would be disabled. Cosmetic effects would be still enabled.

1,158 posts
11,077 battles
12 hours ago, ContraXY said:

both sides reborn and exp is calculated as normal. this mode is very common in fps and tps games. maybe we can have it in wows?

My very first game I remember being disappointed because I didnt respawn haha.

I was like, "is that it?? F**K!!"

[TLS]
3,859 posts
19,746 battles
12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Why not?

That would be fun if done right.

*COUGH*

excuse me for sounding so cynical, but you DO know who we are expecting this from and their current track record?

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
2019/11/3 に 午前10時58分 に、Sir_Feather の発言:

I'd rather take a battle royale mode. Here are the outlines:

- 4 teams with 3 players each.

- Map area will shrink down continuously in order to prevent the static/camping meta.

- Each players will have a fixed amount of rewards based on the end results regardless the kill or damage count (top team gets the biggest income, all players in the same team get same rewards).

- Playable with divisions of 2 or 3 players.

- No usual objectives found in Randoms. It would be 100% "kill or be killed".

Did I experienced something similar..... like some sort of events...?

Maybe I am wrong.

4,360 posts
8,333 battles

If you guys suggest the unholy "battle royale", FFA is a better mode. AND IS A MORE APPROPRIATE NAME. FFA is the precursor of "battle royale" anyway.

Like it or not, in this game team v team is still a better mode.

No respawn is a no-no. Yes respawn is a yes-yes.

While being respawned, a player can exit the match without repercussion.

If a player is bad then being deleted early doesn't change anything. If he's bad he will still be deleted quickly.

[SMOKE]
1,765 posts
15,242 battles

Right now the max we see in a Random game is 12 vs 12 which mean 24 ships in the map, I too think individual ship " battle royale " would be a bad idea unless its fight among same class and same type of ship and even so it can be very difficult to made it work .. Team vs Team would be fine , instead of the current event 's team of 3 , I think it should be 4 team of 4 each starting from 4 corner of the map , and all contesting a central area ( Epic Center with only 2 ring , inner and outer ) , Score and Credit earn per team base upon killing and not individual damage dealing , and also capping and keeping the Area. Limited re-spwan , last team stand wins or at the end of the game which team rack up the most kill  / score

Sign in to follow this