You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

[Reminder] New Legendary Upgrades when, WG?

43 comments in this topic

3,536 posts
7,239 battles

When can the 'newer' T10 ships get theirs? This includes Harugumo, Kleber, Salem, Bourgogne, Yoshino, etc. I do have the feeling they are making them in bulk and not every new T10 release.

I'd like Salem to have extra citadel heal :Smile_hiding: 

Can the one for GK get changed? I think that it should increase accuracy because the gun range and turret traverse speed is already reduced. If anything hostile gets near a GK with <19km gun range, it should be pummeled into a wreck without mercy swiftly.

I also think that some ships may enjoy a second 'Legendary' upgrade that 'modifies' the playstyle away from the usual :Smile_hiding: Make them less one-trick ponies. Like a gun-focused upgrade for Z-52 because the current one is all about torpedo reload.

[CLAY]
1,805 posts
10,064 battles

WG: "Oh, right. We forgot that was a thing..."

Also their response to operations and permanent campaigns.

And I think that new legendarys should be released to adapt ships whose playstyles to not fit in with the current meta.

Or WG could just buff them :cap_haloween:

Edited by Grygus_Triss

3,536 posts
7,239 battles
10 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

And I think that new legendarys should be released to adapt ships whose playstyles to not fit in with the current meta.

AKA German ships, esp. the BBs?

• Cool 2

[TLS]
2,839 posts
18,182 battles

The ideal thing was to dump all the legendary upgrades in a system, oh say, let's call it a Research Centre. Then you grind for them and then mount any combination onto your T10 to make it suit your playstyle. That would have been awesome.

But no. Instead we get rubbish.

• Cool 5

[CLAY]
1,805 posts
10,064 battles
41 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

AKA German ships, esp. the BBs?

Yep

35 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

Yes I want a legendary upgrade for my Smolensk, badly.

And soon, Colbert and either Yoshino or Thunderer.

I want to say "nope" as a kneejerk reaction. But as I have not played Yoshino much, and don't own the others, I can't really judge.

The question: Do they need it? and What would you change?

Taking into account, of course, that they would need to sacrifice something, otherwise would be too OP.

[CLAY]
1,805 posts
10,064 battles
5 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The ideal thing was to dump all the legendary upgrades in a system, oh say, let's call it a Research Centre. Then you grind for them and then mount any combination onto your T10 to make it suit your playstyle. That would have been awesome.

But no. Instead we get rubbish.

Agreed. I would be happy if, instead of only being able to grind on the ship it was for, you could grind on ANY of the preceding ships in the line.

You want to grind for Yamato's Legendary mod? After one game in Yamato, you can then grind the rest of the mission on ANY IJN BB. IN ANY GAME MODE

That would be great.

[TLS]
2,839 posts
18,182 battles
12 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yep

I want to say "nope" as a kneejerk reaction. But as I have not played Yoshino much, and don't own the others, I can't really judge.

The question: Do they need it? and What would you change?

Taking into account, of course, that they would need to sacrifice something, otherwise would be too OP.

Yoshino would benefit from the Zao upgrade since she already plays very similarly.

[MRI]
2,584 posts
12,675 battles

Meanwhile WG has forgotten about fixing the Legendary Upgrades for the Midway and Haku post CV rework. You can grind the missions but not mount the upgrades once you get them.

Audacious is also missing a Legendary Upgrade.

3,536 posts
7,239 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Agreed. I would be happy if, instead of only being able to grind on the ship it was for, you could grind on ANY of the preceding ships in the line.

You want to grind for Yamato's Legendary mod? After one game in Yamato, you can then grind the rest of the mission on ANY IJN BB. IN ANY GAME MODE

That would be great.

I think you should play a ship to get something for that ship and that ship alone. Your idea kinda defeats the purpose of the whole concept (whatever it is). The idea that you get something for a ship just for playing that ship dedicatedly is a great idea and I support it. It should expand to T9 ships as well, starting with premiums.

And you want that because just you don't want to play PvP, which WG don't want because they focus the most on PvP :Smile_trollface: 

It'd be greater if all ships in the game get 'legendary' upgrades

9 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Audacious is also missing a Legendary Upgrade.

Not missing, more like "We haven't even started thinking of one for the ship yet" :Smile_trollface: 

Edited by Paladinum

[CLAY]
1,805 posts
10,064 battles
9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I think you should play a ship to get something for that ship and that ship alone. Your idea kinda defeats the purpose of the whole concept (whatever it is). The idea that you get something for a ship just for playing that ship dedicatedly is a great idea and I support it. It should expand to T9 ships as well, starting with premiums.

And you want that because just you don't want to play PvP, which WG don't want because they focus the most on PvP :Smile_trollface: 

It'd be greater if all ships in the game get 'legendary' upgrades

Not missing, more like "We haven't even started thinking of one for the ship yet" :Smile_trollface: 

Not so much that I don’t want to play PvP, it’s just that the missions are so grindy, and you’re kind of sick of the ship once finished. Being able to do it in different ships would break the monotony.

Or maybe I should just commit myself to one Tier 10.

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Can the one for GK get changed? I think that it should increase accuracy because the gun range and turret traverse speed is already reduced. If anything hostile gets near a GK with <19km gun range, it should be pummeled into a wreck without mercy swiftly.

Can i have extra turret traverse speed for  Montana and Yamato as well ?

They actually slower than GK.

Currently, we need special captain to make Montana comparable to GK's T-traverse.

I kinda reluctant to grind Halsey or John Doe? for her.

GK, well really need that extra range. Also for the legendary upgrade can be used.

It reduces her range to 16.5km i think. At least 19km i consider OK to compromise.

As for Yammy, i think it will promote less campy gameplay altough statistically may not be needed. We can screw the historical accuracy there.

3,536 posts
7,239 battles
Just now, Brunswickz said:

Can i have extra turret traverse speed for  Montana and Yamato as well ?

No.

German turret traverse speed is superior by design (and they need to). Look at all the g*dd*mn drawbacks for their guns. US and IJN tech tree BBs are kiters and need not fast turret turning rate.

Do you use secondary build on Monty or Yamero? Do you actively seek to brawl in those ships? I don't think so~~~

1 minute ago, Brunswickz said:

It reduces her range to 16.5km i think. At least 19km i consider OK to compromise.

Between 18 and 19 km. But the concealment is so bad that they need some extra thingy (air concealment is super bad compare to other T10 BBs, even the tower of Yamato). Even if the reload time is reduced, the accuracy is still unfavorable.

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
13 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Do you use secondary build on Monty or Yamero? Do you actively seek to brawl in those ships? I don't think so~~~

I do.

Spoiler

1577038070_2019-11-02(1).thumb.png.2ba7cc7fe7bcb373a03b8f8050088d1e.png2019-11-02.thumb.png.a77c4eb1d5a37a12372572a219da33e2.png

Edited by Brunswickz
  • Funny 1

3,536 posts
7,239 battles
33 minutes ago, Brunswickz said:

I do.

Reveal hidden contents

1577038070_2019-11-02(1).thumb.png.2ba7cc7fe7bcb373a03b8f8050088d1e.png2019-11-02.thumb.png.a77c4eb1d5a37a12372572a219da33e2.png

Well you're weird :Smile_trollface:

[-ISO-]
879 posts
5,859 battles
1 hour ago, Brunswickz said:

I do.

Hide contents

I would rather use that on Massachusetts or GK. Seeing someone maximizing secondary build on a non secondary focused ships is kinda weird. You should mount Concealment expert and Adrenalin rush. Wait, no Superintendent? that's a bad move there mate. 

Edited by mr_glitchy_R

[MRI]
2,584 posts
12,675 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Actually I do... :Smile_hiding:

Spoiler

shot-19_11.02_20_33.21-0105.thumb.jpg.05fe9ae151590e7a37f6ef60f6a09fd0.jpgshot-19_11.02_20_42.22-0486.thumb.jpg.78e8412b9a58ce9f21a46106443366d1.jpg

1 hour ago, Brunswickz said:

I do.

Reveal hidden contents

Hey high five! :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
41 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I would rather use that on Massachusetts or GK. Seeing someone maximizing secondary build on a non secondary focused ships is kinda weird. You should mount Concealment expert and Adrenalin rush. Wait, no Superintendent? that's a bad move there mate. 

I don't need heal that much, my repair party cooldown is 40s.

[FORCE]
889 posts
9,976 battles
7 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I'd like Salem to have extra citadel heal :Smile_hiding: 

I think Salem needs extra radar range instead, or just let it mount both hydro & radar at the same time.

3,536 posts
7,239 battles
7 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I think Salem needs extra radar range instead, or just let it mount both hydro & radar at the same time.

Or radar lasting for 3 minutes :Smile_trollface: RIP DDs

Or increase muzzle velocity at the expense of RoF :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

3,536 posts
7,239 battles
49 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Or increase muzzle velocity at the expense of RoF :Smile_hiding:

Speaking of which, legendary upgrades need more modifiers, like 'reduce turning circle radius', 'increase main gun's sigma value', 'increase shell damage' (lol), etc.

And ones with extreme bonuses, like this one for Montana: 30% faster reload time for main guns but Repair Party is unavailable/unusable.

Edited by Paladinum

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

And ones with extreme bonuses, like this one for Montana: 30% faster reload time for main guns but Repair Party is unavailable/unusable.

Basically the ship used those people fanning the muzzle to prevent overheating. Module name is legendary human cooling system mod 0.

[FORCE]
889 posts
9,976 battles
13 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Speaking of which, legendary upgrades need more modifiers, like 'reduce turning circle radius', 'increase main gun's sigma value', 'increase shell damage' (lol), etc.

2 of them would fit better to replace Hindenburg's. I mean seriously, faster main gun repair & reduce flood and fire duration.... for a cruiser? Those could fit better on GK.