Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RenamedUser_2003188215

When is the next transfers? - NA to SEA

61 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,201
[CLAY]
Member
1,823 posts
10,149 battles

Sorry, I find this funny considering there was a thread recently about SEA people ready to jump ship to NA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
760
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
9,273 battles

We've seen a survey asking about SEA to NA transfers, but that in no way guarantees that any such transfers will be offered.  I would suggest they are more likely not to offer transfers than actually offer some, but that is just completely baseless supposition on my part.

It would be interesting to see how many Aus/NZ based players currently on the NA server desire to move to SEA, compared to the other way around.  I believe as part of the survey they did ask some of these players as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
Member
711 posts
19,634 battles
7 hours ago, KuKu_KiLLaZ_ROX said:

Asking for a mate when the next transfer thingy is gonna happen?

His account in on NA server and wants to come to SEA (Lives in Aus) for better ping and what not. 

Thanks. 

Uh... having played on both, if the ping is his reason to move he’s going to be sorely disappointed. A 70ms improvement, which is completely unnoticeable in regards to the game, is of little consolation when he discovers how few English speakers there are.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
507
[LNA]
Member
1,989 posts
12,499 battles

Why would he want to be in a server with the best snipers in the world that can snap headshot at 30km ?

I mean seriously why ? Also , there's a guy speaking boxy language in the corner ? What is he talking  about ? Don't ask me  - maybe he forget to feed the chickens ? Also , live is too long , move slower , enjoy yourself ? Why do you want to be first guy in ? This ain't school , don't be the first , but also don't be the last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[BOTES]
Member
116 posts
4,110 battles
On 11/2/2019 at 2:39 AM, Moggytwo said:

We've seen a survey asking about SEA to NA transfers, but that in no way guarantees that any such transfers will be offered.  I would suggest they are more likely not to offer transfers than actually offer some, but that is just completely baseless supposition on my part.

It would be interesting to see how many Aus/NZ based players currently on the NA server desire to move to SEA, compared to the other way around.  I believe as part of the survey they did ask some of these players as well.

The game is 4 years old and getting older, people move geographic region. I live in EU now and would take a transfer for many reasons, better ping being among them (packet loss is death for a CV). As the PT server gives me 34ms ping and rock stable connection, vs SEA server which is dogged by bots and shoddy disconnections I'd take a transfer off SEA for the QOL. I don't even care if the avg punter is still a 47% potato, the benefits are salient.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[BOTES]
Member
116 posts
4,110 battles

I love these passive aggressive reactions im getting, I just had a guy with 41% WR on my team, i'd pay money to escape these people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
3 hours ago, Seabad said:

I love these passive aggressive reactions im getting, I just had a guy with 41% WR on my team, i'd pay money to escape these people.

41% isnt too bad, try consistently getting 30-ish%WR CV players with 20-40k avg dmg at T8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
355
[FORCE]
Member
921 posts
10,061 battles
8 hours ago, Seabad said:

I love these passive aggressive reactions im getting, I just had a guy with 41% WR on my team, i'd pay money to escape these people.

41% is still 9% less than half of the perfect unicum & 7% less than the median average here. But yeah that's clearly an omen that the world is falling apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[BOTES]
Member
116 posts
4,110 battles
22 hours ago, dieselhead said:

41% isnt too bad, try consistently getting 30-ish%WR CV players with 20-40k avg dmg at T8.

53% in other ship types and those stats you reference are now years out of date. Try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
21 minutes ago, Seabad said:

53% in other ship types and those stats you reference are now years out of date. Try again.

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[BOTES]
Member
116 posts
4,110 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

What?

I didn't play the game for over a year until like 2 weeks ago, and all my CV games from before are years out of date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
24 minutes ago, Seabad said:

I didn't play the game for over a year until like 2 weeks ago, and all my CV games from before are years out of date.

Oh, I wasnt quoting your stats dude haha. I meant all the terribad CV players since the rework that are playing now. IMO skill gap is still a thing, not as bad perhaps but its still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAF]
Member
203 posts
4,156 battles

Skill gap on CVs is a really big thing. 

Nothing worse than seeing the enemy planes controlling the cap areas, and your muppet is flying around the edge of the map to attack the big ships......

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
760
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
9,273 battles
4 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

Skill gap on CVs is a really big thing. 

Skill gap on CV's has been pretty consistent since the rework.  If you have a look at the two month SEA server T7-10 highest ranking player stats here you can see that the top players are averaging low 70's for BB's, mid 70's for cruisers, mid 70's for CV's, and about 80 for DD's.

This is a clear indication of the success of one of the most important reasons for the CV rework - skill gap has been massively reduced for CV's, and they are now quite average in terms of their influence over the battle compared to other classes.  They are in fact, when you take the class as a whole, very well balanced.

DD's have consistently been the most influential class since the day the CV rework was released, and they are almost certainly going to remain so (at least up until the game gets a massive shake up with SS release).  If you are a unicum and you want to win as much as possible, then DD's are the class you should be playing.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAF]
Member
203 posts
4,156 battles

Sorry Moggy, I'm having a hard time trying to understand how the results of the top 100 players tells me much about skill gaps within the CV class. 

That info certainly tells me about the top 100 players. Is there anything across the server? Or the difference between the top 100 and bottom 100 (maybe 50th or 75th percentile 100 to get away from bots).

You get a good player in a CV which can quickly cover a huge part of the critical spots on the map on one team, while the other team get a not so good CV who doesn't understand which actions are important and that is a hurdle which is extremely difficult to overcome. 

That is what i mean by skill gap and its huge impact on the game. The speed with which the CV can project influence across the whole map with no real risk of suffering ship damage which make the class totally unique. Plus the speed with which the role you are taking can change, attacking DDS, defending caps, attacking big ships, area denial happens really fast and good CV players set up their teams for wins pretty quickly. 

All other ships can only project influence on a relatively small part of the map and always risk suffering ship damage to do so. DDs are a special case becuase of the large discrepancy between viewrange and concealment - but they cannot flex across the map anything like the same way.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
50 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Skill gap on CV's has been pretty consistent since the rework.  If you have a look at the two month SEA server T7-10 highest ranking player stats here you can see that the top players are averaging low 70's for BB's, mid 70's for cruisers, mid 70's for CV's, and about 80 for DD's.

That has absolutely nothing to do with skill gap between 2 CV players in one game. Sure across the board spreadsheet says yes, they are in fact balanced. In game its more like Puggsley says. Within the first minute a good CV has scouted the entire enemy and with a little luck has spotted the enemy DD's. A poor CV player hasn't even gotten planes out of the hanger yet.

So within that first minute a good CV player has let his team know which way the enemy is heading all while sitting safely in his CV risking nothing but a couple of planes (and lets be honest here, how often have you actually seen a CV run out of planes recently??).

56 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

DD's have consistently been the most influential class since the day the CV rework was released, and they are almost certainly going to remain so (at least up until the game gets a massive shake up with SS release).  If you are a unicum and you want to win as much as possible, then DD's are the class you should be playing.

While this is true, they are simultaneously the hardest to play and most countered class in the game. The slightest mistake and you are punished severely. Tell me, how are you punished in a CV when you make mistakes? Lose a few planes and miss a drop? Do you get citadelled? Do you get hard focused by everyone within range of you? No, generally not until the game is over and your CV (surprise surprise) is the last ship standing.

Spreadsheet might say yes, in game its an entirely different story for the average DD player.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
760
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
9,273 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with skill gap between 2 CV players in one game. Sure across the board spreadsheet says yes, they are in fact balanced. In game its more like Puggsley says. Within the first minute a good CV has scouted the entire enemy and with a little luck has spotted the enemy DD's. A poor CV player hasn't even gotten planes out of the hanger yet.

It simply means that if you have one of the best CV players on the server on one team, and one of the worst on the other, then the chance of the good CV player team winning is less than if you had one of the best DD players on the server on one team, and one of the worst on the other.

CV's are simply less influential on the win than DD's, and about the same as cruisers.  This is statistically true, so a fact, not an opinion.  The good CV scouting everyone and lasting to the end without losing any appreciable strike power through their excellent play is irrelevant here - they still have less influence than a well played DD.

1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

While this is true, they are simultaneously the hardest to play and most countered class in the game. The slightest mistake and you are punished severely.

That is the main reason why DD's are the most influential.  It's a combination of the DD's primary strengths of excellent quality of spotting and unmatched ability to cap, with the ability of the best players to stay alive to the end while the poor DD players die early.  The DD's strengths innately give it great influence on the battle, which is compounded by the difficulty in surviving.

This actually means that the harder you make DD play, and the more counters they get, the more influential they will be.  Radar and CV's actually make the best DD players better at winning games.  This is because those excellent DD players will work out how to survive and thrive in these circumstances, while the poor DD players will be even more likely to die quickly and achieve little.

1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Spreadsheet might say yes, in game its an entirely different story for the average DD player.

Skill gap has absolutely nothing to do with the average player.  It purely comes down to the best and the worst players.  Average players will continue to have average influence regardless of how big or small the skill gap of a class is.

 

2 hours ago, Puggsley said:

Sorry Moggy, I'm having a hard time trying to understand how the results of the top 100 players tells me much about skill gaps within the CV class.

The results of the top players tell you the skill gap.  You do not need the results of the worst players, since for the win rates of those players to be at a certain level, there must be a corresponding level of loss from the other team.  This is most obviously reflected in the most influential class - as I said above, one of the reasons why DD's have such high win rates at the top level, and therefore such a high skill gap, is because of how easily poor DD's are killed and thus removed from the battle.  For every winner there is a corresponding loser.

2 hours ago, Puggsley said:

You get a good player in a CV which can quickly cover a huge part of the critical spots on the map on one team, while the other team get a not so good CV who doesn't understand which actions are important and that is a hurdle which is extremely difficult to overcome.

Sure you do, I totally agree - but overcoming that hurdle is about the same as overcoming the hurdle of a terrible cruiser player on your team while the other team has a great cruiser player.  It's less of a hurdle than overcoming that terrible DD player.  This is simply what the statistics say, there are no feels here, it is the factual truth of the game.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
Member
711 posts
19,634 battles
2 hours ago, dieselhead said:

hardest to play and most countered class in the game. 

It’s very hard to argue that point.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

It simply means that if you have one of the best CV players on the server on one team, and one of the worst on the other, then the chance of the good CV player team winning is less than if you had one of the best DD players on the server on one team, and one of the worst on the other.

CV's are simply less influential on the win than DD's, and about the same as cruisers.  This is statistically true, so a fact, not an opinion.  The good CV scouting everyone and lasting to the end without losing any appreciable strike power through their excellent play is irrelevant here - they still have less influence than a well played DD.

Again, nothing to do with skill gap between 2 CV players in the same match, which is what skill gap refers too. Nothing to do with the different influences of ship classes on the outcome of the game.

 

2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Skill gap has absolutely nothing to do with the average player.  It purely comes down to the best and the worst players.  Average players will continue to have average influence regardless of how big or small the skill gap of a class is.

 

I think we have our wires crossed, I was referring to the fact the spreadsheet might say the CV's are balanced and how different that is to actual game play for DD's in

 

2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

This actually means that the harder you make DD play, and the more counters they get, the more influential they will be.  Radar and CV's actually make the best DD players better at winning games.  This is because those excellent DD players will work out how to survive and thrive in these circumstances, while the poor DD players will be even more likely to die quickly and achieve little.

How can a ship class that hasnt been given anything new to combat CV's, be given more counters or be more influential? The more they are countered the less impact they can have. This also shouldnt be about only superunicum DD players either. Especially since there isnt really that many top DD players around anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
760
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
9,273 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Again, nothing to do with skill gap between 2 CV players in the same match, which is what skill gap refers too. Nothing to do with the different influences of ship classes on the outcome of the game.

We're probably talking about different things here.  Skill gap specifically refers to the overall difference between the best players in a class and the worst players.  It's more of a broad concept to indicate the influence of good players in a class on the win chance of battles.

 

2 hours ago, dieselhead said:

I think we have our wires crossed, I was referring to the fact the spreadsheet might say the CV's are balanced and how different that is to actual game play for DD's in

Well CV's are balanced in terms of win rate, skill gap, damage done.  There are specific situations where they feel very unbalanced though, like late game, and against players who don't understand their mechanics well and make basic mistakes.  I would argue that all classes have specific situations where they feel unbalanced in the same way however, we're just more accepting of that because it's what we've grown accustomed to.  I would also argue that being very strong in certain situations is perfectly fine though, so long as the class overall is balanced, which we've ascertained that statistically CV's are.

 

2 hours ago, dieselhead said:

How can a ship class that hasnt been given anything new to combat CV's, be given more counters or be more influential? The more they are countered the less impact they can have. This also shouldnt be about only superunicum DD players either. Especially since there isnt really that many top DD players around anymore.

The class itself isn't more influential.  I was specifically talking about the best players of a class.  Since DD's have critical roles in winning battles, anything that makes it harder for DD's actually makes the best players more likely to win, and thus increases the skill gap.  The practical application of this is that win rates of the DD players that are above average goes up.

This is why the DD skill gap increased post CV rework.  Life got harder for DD's, but for better DD players they adapted quickly and remained successful, while for the poorer DD players they struggled and died more quickly, thus having less influence on the game.

If they were to introduce something to the game to make life even harder for DD's (say by making them the primary counter to a completely new class, as an example!), this effect would be even more pronounced, and the better DD players would win battles even more than they do now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
2 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

We're probably talking about different things here.  Skill gap specifically refers to the overall difference between the best players in a class and the worst players.  It's more of a broad concept to indicate the influence of good players in a class on the win chance of battles.

My understanding of "skill gap" is the skill gap of 2 players on opposing teams in same class vehicles ie CV. For example a unicum CV player vs a 20%WR CV player in the same battle on opposing teams. In which case, skill gap is very much noticeable, just not as much as RTS CV. 

 

3 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Well CV's are balanced in terms of win rate, skill gap, damage done.  There are specific situations where they feel very unbalanced though, like late game, and against players who don't understand their mechanics well and make basic mistakes.  I would argue that all classes have specific situations where they feel unbalanced in the same way however, we're just more accepting of that because it's what we've grown accustomed to.  I would also argue that being very strong in certain situations is perfectly fine though, so long as the class overall is balanced, which we've ascertained that statistically CV's are.

Obviously any ship you try to use it to its best advantage which as you say, in certain circumstances makes it imba or OP. Trouble with statistics is they dont show whats actually going on in the battle. Its the major downfall of balance via spreadsheet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
Member
711 posts
19,634 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

Well CV's are balanced in terms of win rate, skill gap, damage done. 

I think what @dieselhead is referring to isn't whether CVs are balanced, because based on your metrics I think you're pretty right, but on the fact that they make other classes, specifically DDs, imbalanced.

Ergo, CVs are imbalanced.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×