Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kyjo

Sinop..... Most OP T7 ship in the game ?

25 comments in this topic

[WT-F]
51 posts
2,804 battles

Game 1 Sailing in my Nagato then boom one salvo gooooooone from a Sinop

Game 2 Again almost one salvo loss then finished with the second

Beta Tester
360 posts
7,460 battles

Really? Catch its broadside and watch it go BOOM.

I haven't found anything about the Sovietski BB line to be OP except maybe for a very limited time in 12km range with bow on ONLY enemies. There, it is God.

[FORCE]
2,456 posts
12,302 battles
5 hours ago, kyjo said:

Game 1 Sailing in my Nagato then boom one salvo gooooooone from a Sinop

Game 2 Again almost one salvo loss then finished with the second

Nagato is the least armored T7 BB though. Even a proper salvo from Texas (yes a T5 BB) can easily deal over 30k damage on Nagato.

Sinop and all other researchable Soviet BBs have the god tier accuracy at medium & close range. But at the cost of having terrible accuracy at long range (worse than German BBs), and also having the short firing range in each tiers.

[LBAS]
3,096 posts
14,577 battles
7 hours ago, KevinFE8284 said:

You can't spell Sinop without OP

A ship to be Sinned with.

Speaking of the Devil.... i guess.

[LBAS]
4,917 posts
11,037 battles

Sinop ain't invincible it's weak armour 

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
638 posts
3,275 battles

i believe Sinop is not overpowered, but rather *has more advantage compared to the rest of the T7 BB* because of two things:

1. Its 406mm (16 Inch) gun, which considering the tier she sat at, is pretty good. Sure, reloads slowly and Soviet dispersion nature, but being granted ability to overmatch 28mm of plating and the damage it caused makes her still relevant if uptiered to T9.
  2. Tanky as f*** from the front and rather fast. What i observe from many games i played, Sinop players tend to stay little bit behind. This would create a situation if the flank collapsed and everyone retreats, Sinop can utilize its speed to also ran away or stop, point the bow at the enemy, and takes massive damage to cover the teammates and still able to survive. And that Stalinium bow armor what makes her shine, even when uptiered she's able to withstand many shells, and with the speed making her able to keep up with the rest of the team (*cough* Colorado).

Even then, she's still has that big easy-to-pen citadel and hard to maneuver, but this disadvantage is compensated by the fact that Sinop players tend to stay in one place with the bow on you.

Edited by Earl_of_Arland

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,794 posts
13,924 battles

what you expected?

sinOP

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
4,917 posts
11,037 battles
5 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

what you expected?

sinOP

GULAG GULAG GULAG

[KAMI]
458 posts
6,005 battles
19 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

i believe Sinop is not overpowered, but rather *has more advantage compared to the rest of the T7 BB* because of two things:

Isn't that the definition of overpowered? The combined advantages outweight the disadvantages that are meant to keep it in line.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
638 posts
3,275 battles
5 hours ago, Verytis said:

Isn't that the definition of overpowered? The combined advantages outweight the disadvantages that are meant to keep it in line.

Sssshhh....the Projekt Sekrit Dokuments said so...

1,448 posts
6,173 battles
2 minutes ago, Phantom_Yamato said:

yes but no you forget that Belfast is also  quite OP

Belfast has been removed from sale permanently while Sinop is available for anyone.

[_S-C_]
4 posts
2,056 battles
Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

Belfast has been removed from sale permanently while Sinop is available for anyone.

thus making the Belfast more OP due to the removal from the store, but the sinOP is fun to kill tho

1,448 posts
6,173 battles
2 minutes ago, Phantom_Yamato said:

thus making the Belfast more OP due to the removal from the store, but the sinOP is fun to kill tho

In Sinop you are protected by Klein field when you maintain bow-on, but your broadside is as fragile as an Omaha.

Yes, removal from store does make it somewhat more imbalance.

How OP a Sinop would be depends on the positioning skills of her captain. And thus there is the argument that fragile broadside does not fully offset Sinop's advantages as skillful players can minimalize their exposure of their broadsides.

[KAMI]
458 posts
6,005 battles

Sinop does have a 25mm deck, so its possible for high tier BBs to fight it at med/long range plunging AP fire.

You can't approach it as a T7 BB since it has 9 guns that can overmatch 25mm. More guns than other BBs, and without the dispersion penalties.

But you're gonna have a really tough time if you're fighting it as a T6 or T5.

[TLS]
4,218 posts
20,371 battles
12 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

How OP a Sinop would be depends on the positioning skills of her captain. And thus there is the argument that fragile broadside does not fully offset Sinop's advantages as skillful players can minimalize their exposure of their broadsides.

It can be said that WG's idea of balancing is nonsensical given how they are promoting the game. To put it simply, an advantage of a ship can be exploited to its maximum by a skilled player, rendering the ship a complete annoyance to play against. What people are seeing in the Soviet lines are that they are heavy bow tankers. And bow tanking is like one of the top things to do to mitigate damage. Whether wg realises that making a ship impervious bow on is "OP" depends on the player set. Unfortunately(or fortunately, depending on which side you are on), on Asia server, we love to abuse the advantages to their maximum and make life miserable for the opposing player. Plus we have bragging rights to the best players.

Right now Soviet BBs have two glaring weaknesses, both of which may be difficult to exploit: Weak broadsides, which you need to be in position to take advantage of; and fire, yes, just keep setting it on fire (not so easy either). 

In summary, I don't think wg realises their "balancing" is a complete pile of koala droppings. The only thing they are looking at are frankly useless spreadshit numbers rather than the reality and perception on the ground.  

[FORCE]
2,456 posts
12,302 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Right now Soviet BBs have two glaring weaknesses, both of which may be difficult to exploit: Weak broadsides, which you need to be in position to take advantage of; and fire, yes, just keep setting it on fire (not so easy either). 

I would say 3 weaknesses for the Soviet BBs. All DDs with stealthy torps can send them down quite easily because these BBs are usually found camping which is solely because they actually struggle to turn quickly due to the gigantic turning radius. Heck if I hate to see Asashio on the enemy team, it is usually when I use the Soviet BBs.

[TLS]
4,218 posts
20,371 battles
5 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I would say 3 weaknesses for the Soviet BBs. All DDs with stealthy torps can send them down quite easily because these BBs are usually found camping which is solely because they actually struggle to turn quickly due to the gigantic turning radius. Heck if I hate to see Asashio on the enemy team, it is usually when I use the Soviet BBs.

Fair enough. But you realise that these weaknesses are mitigated should you have a decent team. And as long as an assashion remains unspotted, I am very concerned that the player is a skilled spotter.

Sign in to follow this