Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Numpty

Carriers have broken the game... Why doesn't Wargaming realise this??

5 comments in this topic

[88AD]
21 posts
5,021 battles

Dear Wargaming,

I have played ships since its inception and I shake my head every time I play a game with and against carriers. The 'rock, paper scissors' system you seem to love so much is totally non-existent with carriers. They are ALWAYS the last ships to die. Most ships have little or NO defence against them, and whilst they don't do a lot of damage anymore, they never miss. It is no fun at all when you are in a slow moving BB that gets hounded by carriers when there is absolutely nothing you can do against it. What are your plans here and why don't you fix this?

Cheers,

Ant

P.S. As an example I just played a T4 game. 2 carriers on each team. Between the 4 carriers they killed 12 ships and out of the last 5 ships left alive, 4 of them were carriers. In addition to this I and one other BB had lost a third of our health before we could even shoot at the enemy. How can you not think there is a problem here?

Edited by Sir_Numpty
  • Boring 1

[KAMI]
1,274 posts
11,267 battles

CV thread

imma see someone coming here now(i see it)

*grabs popcorn*

[OZS]
5 posts
4,817 battles

I agree totally.

The old way of CV play made CV captains have to play a strategic battle, i.e. pick lone targets or weaker ones, otherwise they would run out of planes. Now, however, they don't run out of planes (I'm pretty sure that real CV's don't have an infinite amount of plane, the same as Warships don't have an infinite amount of HP)  ..it's a free for all... go into a group of ships drop torps, bombs etc, get the squadron annihilated, then start again. Meanwhile the slower BB's still remain Plane fodder.

I used to play CV's...not anymore. Warships is about controlling ships, not flying planes, which is the new way of controlling CV's. You used to be able to send out fighters for defence while using Torp & bomber planes all at the same time

Beta Tester
75 posts
9,079 battles

Sir Numpty, you think the CV's killed the game well then just wait until you test iteration III of the sub test. The Sub's are way overpowered. They will kill all other class game play yes including DD's. A sub will out detect a DD and can keep them spotted even in smoke. If as a DD player you try and prosecute a sub you are getting shot at by every other ship as you are constantly detected and you have a small stick like periscope to try and hit with your HE. Heavy Cruisers, and Italian and british cruisers that have no HE are fked as they cannot damage a sub.

Sign in to follow this